This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Great moments with mr. Lincoln

I ventured to Disneyland yesterday with my wife and we had the opportunity to see Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I have to say I was very impressed and moved by this new presentation and liked the new audio animatronic of Mr. Lincoln. I noticed that they incoporated music from "America the Beautiful" into the slide show portion of the presentation, which was a very nice touch. I am also glad that they ended the show with the original Battle Hymn of the Republic sequence. Another nice touch was the playing and visuals from the song "Golden Dreams" (I beleive that was the name of the song, but I could be wrong) on the curtains as you exited the theater. All in all, I was VERY impressed with the presentation.

Plaza Inn

Re: Great moments with mr. Lincoln

It is a great show, I am so glad it was done. Bravo to those responsible for the project.
    Although I do have a few gripes with the pictures in the hallway at the exit. Hanna Montana has NO PLACE being on that wall. Sorry to say.
    But everything else is pretty fantastic!

Comment

I totally agree with you on that one. I do not think that Supreme Judge's picture should be on the wall either, she has not done anything to benefit this country overall. They should have put Laurel & Hardy's photos on the wall, because they brought so much happiness to thousands during that Great Depression. What about some photos of men and women who laid down their lives in the preservation of our Freedoms, now that would have been a better tribute.

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
      It is a great show, I am so glad it was done. Bravo to those responsible for the project.
      Although I do have a few gripes with the pictures in the hallway at the exit. Hanna Montana has NO PLACE being on that wall. Sorry to say.

Comment

I haven't been to DL since Lincoln opened, but I'd gladly stand in a long line to see it.

I remember it from years ago, it was one of my favorites. It reminds me of a time in history when the terms 'government by the people, for the people, and of the people' actually had some meaning.

Makes me wish I was born 100 years earlier than I was. During this presentation, I can actually live in the past, even if only for a short time.

Rob

Comment

There's not really a line for it, micromind. I thought it was really good, especially impressive when he stood up! :P it looked like he was going to fall!

Comment

I wonder how many people don't know that Bruce Lee was born in the U.S. LOL.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
            Indy Ride Count: 2211
            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
              I haven't been to DL since Lincoln opened, but I'd gladly stand in a long line to see it.

I remember it from years ago, it was one of my favorites. It reminds me of a time in history when the terms 'government by the people, for the people, and of the people' actually had some meaning.

Makes me wish I was born 100 years earlier than I was. During this presentation, I can actually live in the past, even if only for a short time.

Rob
              You must really love your History!
              I DO TOO!
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Disney Sale's People have way to mess things up at the PARKS!
                They got nose..into every thing........
                Hanna Montana give me a break.....
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                  Disney Sale's People have way to mess things up at the PARKS!
                  They got nose..into every thing........
                  Hanna Montana give me a break.....
                  I totally agree with the both of you, and it's not Hanna Montana, it's Hanna Montshama. I mean come on, give me a break... MJ, Elvis and the Beatles totally changed music and what has she done for music? MJ's music changed Pop forever, the Beach Boys changed Rock, and Elvis just plain changed music. If you ask me, there are WAY more deserving people that deserve to be up there... like Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson for example. But Hanna Montana, I mean what's next... Britney Spears.
                  Last edited by disneyDragon923; 12-27-2009, 09:43 AM.
                  Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

Has anyone given a listen to my suggestion of honoring the men and women who laid their lives down for our freedoms, so we can enjoy the music you are talking about. They are far more important to honor that Elvis and the Beatles, don't you think, not trying to detract from their contributions to the world.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
                      Has anyone given a listen to my suggestion of honoring the men and women who laid their lives down for our freedoms, so we can enjoy the music you are talking about. They are far more important to honor that Elvis and the Beatles, don't you think, not trying to detract from their contributions to the world.
                      Agreed.
                      Those are the pictures that should be on the wall.
                      Not the music stars. What on earth do any of these people have to do with President Lincoln?

Comment

My sentiments exactly. I can see Pres. Obama's pic being there, but why that supreme court justice, whatever her name is. What has she done???

Comment

HERE- HERE- Your so RIGHT!
                          That would mush more fitting......
                          I think we need to put Bug in Disney ears and ask WHY NOT!

"Honoring the men and women who laid their lives" !
                          Last edited by Eagleman; 12-26-2009, 03:07 PM.
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
                            I totally agree with the both of you, and it's not Hanna Montana, it's Hanna Montshama. I mean come on, give me a break... MJ, Elvis and the Beatles totally changed music and what has she done for music? MJ's music changed Pop forever, The Beatles changed Rock, and Elvis just plain changed music. If you ask me, there are WAY more deserving people that deserve to be up there... like Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson for example. But Hanna Montana, I mean what's next... Britney Spears.
                            Even her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, has more established creds.

Comment

you know, this is one of only 2 attractions that i haven't seen and/or been on in disneyland, but when i was there it wasn't open yet, so i have an excuse hahaha
                              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
                                Even her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, has more established creds.
                                That's for sure! I mean without Billy, there would be no Miley... and I don't mean like that, get your heads out of the gutter people :lol:
                                Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

My sentiments exactly. I can see Pres. Obama's pic being there, but why that supreme court justice, whatever her name is. What has she done???
                                  Personally, I dont think any recent politician should be up there as I feel that honesty and integrity in our public officials seems to have eroded away in the last 40 years...to say nothing of a lame-o corporate marketing tool. The idea that the names of soldiers we've lost in combat should be displayed - I can't possibly agree more with that sentiment. The entire Lincoln attraction should be devoted to this country's history and legacy and should be treated with reverence and respect now that the Lincoln show has been restored.

Miley Cyrus?? Seriously? They did this???
                                  Last edited by Ortizmo2000; 12-28-2009, 06:49 PM.
                                  "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

I wonder if the Disney execs and the marketing dept. would listen and act upon these comments about their mistakes??? Probably not!!!

Comment

awe. yaaa. that show is one of my fondest memories with my parents. i can't wait to see it again. i'm glad it's lookin' good.

Comment

I wonder if the Disney execs and the marketing dept. would listen and act upon these comments about their mistakes??? Probably not!!!

Just because a few folks here and on other internet fan sites might think it is a mistake, it doesn't necessarily mean it is one.

And first they would have to admit the mistake...

Like you said, "probably not!!!".

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X