This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Waking Up Jose

Has anyone gotten lucky enough to 'Wake Up Jose' (start the show) in the Enchanted Tiki Room?

I was asked once and glady offered to do it, and for some reason I was really nervous :P My voice cackled it out, but it was still fun.

Also, does anyone know what happens if you ask to wake up Jose? I heard something weird happens.

Re: Waking Up Jose

I never new that you could do that!
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Originally posted by Karalora
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Wow, all the years I have been going to the Park and didn't know a guest was allowed! The things we learn in MiceChat! We will be going to the Park within a month or two. Let us know what you find out!
      sigpic
      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I don't think it changes...all I know is it always says "Buenas dias, Senorita" and--if it's a good male host--he'll say "Don't call me that!" or, ahead of time, he'll say "Now, Jose, don't call me Senorita, because I know you like to," and they pretend to get upset when they call them senorita. Very funny.
        "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

I went in the Tiki Room on my last visit, I hadn't partook in that particular attraction for quite some time (several years at least), although I often visit the Disneyland Resort. A little girl, maybe three or four years old, blonde and adorable was picked to wake up Jose. I didn't remember it being done this way before, however, it had been a long time, and so I chalked it up to my faulty memory. What is the standard operating procedure when it comes to starting up the old tiki tiki tiki ti... well you know, the room.
          In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Comment

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
            I don't think it changes...all I know is it always says "Buenas dias, Senorita" and--if it's a good male host--he'll say "Don't call me that!" or, ahead of time, he'll say "Now, Jose, don't call me Senorita, because I know you like to," and they pretend to get upset when they call them senorita. Very funny.
            I would suggest a host start saying to the audience. "My name is Manuel Ita. You can call me Senor Ita." Thus when Jose calls him senorita... well you can probably see where I'm going here...
            In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Comment

Yeah, just ask the host CM (Maynard has been there lately).

Over the years, each one of our four kids have started off the show.

Too much fun!!!

Comment

I woke up Jose this past summer (and rode in the front of the Monorail, and steered the Mark Twain all in the same trip lol). Its not as easy as it looks. I believe you have 15 seconds to do your spiel. And yes, I did throw in "and don't call me seniorita" lol

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                  Yeah, just ask the host CM (Maynard has been there lately).
                  OFF TOPIC -

I hope Maynard has toned down his act there, if that's the case.

In any case, I'd never seen a guest "wake up Jose" in all my years of going there.

But a clever idea.
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                    I woke up Jose this past summer (and rode in the front of the Monorail, and steered the Mark Twain all in the same trip lol). Its not as easy as it looks. I believe you have 15 seconds to do your spiel. And yes, I did throw in "and don't call me seniorita" lol
                    I think they do their spiel, and then they get 15 (I've also heard 17 and 18) seconds to walk around to wake up Jose.
                    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

When I was there at the beginning of December, I went into the last show for the night (Dole Whip Float in hand) and the cast member asked us, us being the entire audience in attendance, to wake up Jose! So we woke him up. Everybody also sang like the birdies sing, too. Everyone had a lot of fun in that night's show, even if we were a small audience tired at the end of the evening.

Comment

I have never heard of a guest waking up Jose, but I love the idea!! I would totally LOVE to be able to wake him up! I would get a real kick out of. I love the Tiki Room!
                        WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
                        DLR: 1999, 2009
                        DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
                        http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

haha awesome!

Comment

I've never seen a guest wake up Jose, but then again, I rarely see the show. However, I got a book from Disneyland for Christmas and it recommended asking a CM if you could wake up Jose. It also said, "Beware- Jose has been known for calling men 'senorita's' so don't be offended"
                            sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                            Disney is my life <3
                            Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                            Future Imagineer <3
                            Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

My 6 year old daughter just got to wake up Jose the first week of December. It was pretty much right after the announcement of no flash photography. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. We've always said she has a "Minnie Mouse voice" , and to hear her start the show was fantastic!!

Two days later she also was able to talk to Crush for quite a bit!
                              Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

I've had kids wake him up before, generally having them clap or say his name etc. We used to have a parent hold them up with the stick but one kid hit Jose like a pinata and broke him. Since then I didn't let the kids use the stick.

I'd never had anyone request to wake him up, and aside from using the entire audience, I've never had an adult wake him up.
                                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I think they do their spiel, and then they get 15 (I've also heard 17 and 18) seconds to walk around to wake up Jose.
                                  Well, I should have clarified; the CM always does the safety spiel, but I meant then afterwards, you have 15 secs to deliver your wake-up call.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X