Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember...Dreams Come True returns in 2010!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remember...Dreams Come True returns in 2010!!

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Anyone who wants to see Magical over Remember does not love the parks, Remember makes you feel all good inside after going on all these wonderful rides and then seeing the sky light up to the music of the park.
    Wow, I'm actually offended by this statement. I love the parks but it does not mean I have to watch this show to feel all good inside after going on Indy 1,728 times and going there every week.

I'll watch it once it come back and if they didn't change anything to RDCT then I won't watch this show unless I feel like watching it.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Remember was the best. It was all about the park we love, that's the best theme of all. Magical was lame.

Comment

Magical will be back for summer.

Comment

(...must...resist...ranting...about...JerroDRagon' s...statement....!)

I love Remember. It was a fantastic show that really corresponded well to Disneyland's 50th anniversary celebration. It was long, it had great rides, and it had Julie Andrews. However, now that the anniversary is long gone and many of the rides no longer fit accordingly (i.e. the Pirates of the Caribbean segment), it seems more realistic to implement a more modern show.

Magical was pretty darn good for a filler show. It was the perfect length, and--although it wasn't as groundbreaking as Remember--it was still sweet enough to draw large audiences. The "shift" in opinion stems from the innovative technology used in Halloween Screams the Sky (and somewhat in Magical).

So I guess I'll just wait and see. (twiddles thumbs)
          "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
            While I'm excited that Remember is coming back (as it has already been stated several times by Disney), it needs to be upgraded. After seeing the newer effects, better timing, and higher energy level of Halloween Screams, Remember is now my #2 favorite show. I saw it the one weekend it was playing in Nov., the week after I saw Halloween Screams, and can honestly say that I enjoyed Halloween Screams FAR more than Remember.

I really, truly hope that they've been working on incorporating the new spotlights and larger effects that Magical and Halloween Screams use, and that they return the Frontierland section to the show. I say lose the different wishing Disney characters section to compensate. Make the show less about Wishes! and more about Remember/Disneyland. And fix those dead spots in the show, too, please.
            Thanks for stealing my answer punk! :bash: (It's ok ) I went to RDCT after Halloween Screams as well and well.... It felt so old!

I was pro RDCT Resurrection but now.... Not so sure! It needs an update!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
              Thanks for stealing my answer punk! :bash: (It's ok ) I went to RDCT after Halloween Screams as well and well.... It felt so old!

That I can agreee with you. It needs another upgrade and certainly we can change some scenes around since a lot has changed since 2005. If they can do that then I'll watch RDCT more than once in January.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post

You're welcome. )

Comment

omg! I'm sooooo excited!!! AAAAAH!!!! THE best fireworks show EVER!!!! I'd love to see them top it but I don't think they can... I will love it FOREVER!!!

Comment

I knew Remember was coming back in early December Old News =)
                    Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
                      I knew Remember was coming back in early December Old News =)
                      And we also knew that they are now going into a 4 firework rotation schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                        And we also knew that they are now going into a 4 firework rotation schedule.
                        Yup- they confirmed it on July 17 of this year, at the D23 event that day. Great stuff, that was.

Comment

i thought nothing could replace Remember, but i was honestly very moved by magical. it was so simple, but the Dumbo moment was so amazing that i totally bawled every time.

Remember is beyond-it-all amazing and i love that it's dedicated to the park since i obviously love DL for it's own sake, but it is refreshing to see something that tells a story beyond, "hey, isnt this place awesome?" <-----that's what DCA is for.
                          Last edited by micahglitters; 12-27-2009, 12:00 PM. Reason: typo
                          "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

Comment

Anyone who wants to see Magical over Remember does not love the parks, Remember makes you feel all good inside after going on all these wonderful rides and then seeing the sky light up to the music of the park.
                            Uh...mind you, each show is a matter of likes and preferences. Disneyland's a place where everyone has their "love" of a certain show/attraction/ride etc.
                            I like both for different reasons. Magical for being short, but packs a punch.
                            RDCT for being long, and just flat out stellar. Both are very well "casted" with the fireworks they incorporate with the music, and tell different stories.

I'd like to see it a few more times, but I'd like to see something that tops RDCT. But I'm scared of asking right now, because TDA makes crappy decisions, and we get 1/2 baked shows and parades.

And IcE101, I totally agree with you, it seems like legit parades are becoming a thing of the past. Seems like with losing those, we're losing a big part of a Disney "tradition". Millions have lined up for the Electrical Parade, Lion King Celebration, Parade of Stars, Parade of Dreams...it's sad that we're having to look back at the awesome parades, and look forward at these mobile dance pads.

Comment

Yay!!!! My favorite fireworks show by far.

:yea::thumbup:

Comment

So I apparently don't love the parks. That's why I've had an AP for 6 years and seen Remember probably a couple hundred times. Mmmkay. Going to refrain from saying anything else. Ignorance is just.. wow.
                                This post brought to you by Eli ♥
                                You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
                                LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

Comment

Originally posted by ImpossibleIsNothin View Post
                                  So I apparently don't love the parks. That's why I've had an AP for 6 years and seen Remember probably a couple hundred times. Mmmkay. Going to refrain from saying anything else. Ignorance is just.. wow.
                                  Who was that directed towards? If it was my post, I apologize..:blush:

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                                    Who was that directed towards? If it was my post, I apologize..:blush:
                                    Don't worry, it wasn't your post. It was JerrodDragon's post on the first page. Read his post and you'll know what ImpossibleIsNothing is talking about. Apparently it was directed at anyone who doesn't watch RDCT as much anymore.

Comment

RDCT will be returning for the beginning part of the year, in summer Magical will return, around Halloween time the Hallowen fireworks will appear, and the holiday season will bring back, remember the holiday magic.

As for the comments of RDCT it is kind of sad that is no longer liked, because I have a feeling that once it is gone for good, it will be missed. Oh well, to each his/her own right? My favorite has always been RDCT though.

Comment

Remember is something I'm neutral about. I love seeing it when I'm at the park, but if it were to be replaced, I'd be fine. I'm glad I'll get to see it in January.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                          Seriously guys? Remember...Dreams Come True is without a doubt the best Fireworks show I have ever seen at any Disney park. Illuminations is overrated, very overrated. Remember is a real fireworks show. Don't go asking for a new one because when people asked for a new parade look what we got....
                                          ...Remember makes you feel all good inside after going on all these wonderful rides and then seeing the sky light up to the music of the park.
                                          Originally posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
                                          omg! I'm sooooo excited!!! AAAAAH!!!! THE best fireworks show EVER!!!! I'd love to see them top it but I don't think they can... I will love it FOREVER!!!
                                          I agree ... I'm happy to have Remember coming back.
                                          sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X