This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] New AP Center in DCA

Thats it. There is an AP center opening in DCA over in the movie backlot area. Opens January 3rd.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Re: New AP Center in DCA

Source? I believe that the Plaza Pavilion is the permanent AP Center since the Bank is now the Gallery and they just had a major refurbishment on the inside of the Plaza to fit it for the permanent AP Center.

Comment

A processing center?? Where will it be?

Seems kinda strange to have one there when the one across at Disneyland works just fine.

Comment

YAY!!!! Finally!!!
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
          Source? I believe that the Plaza Pavilion is the permanent AP Center since the Bank is now the Gallery and they just had a major refurbishment on the inside of the Plaza to fit it for the permanent AP Center.
          My wife works in AP processing and is scheduled to work there on the first day it opens. Jan 3rd. The Plaza is only temporary.

Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

its about time. Now the question is where in the backlot? not too many open buildings that could be used for that. The only ones in could think is the store as you go in on the left side. If its the millionare building or hollywood and dine that would be such a waste of valuable expansion space.

If the plaza is temporary i am still hoping that eventually it turns back into an eatery. It would be even better if it was turned into a dual eatery with access on both mainstreet and adventureland.

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
              its about time. Now the question is where in the backlot? not too many open buildings that could be used for that. The only ones in could think is the store as you go in on the left side. If its the millionare building or hollywood and dine that would be such a waste of valuable expansion space.
              There is a lot of buildings back there you don't even notice, over by Monsters Inc. I think the Plaza will go back to being a restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                There is a lot of buildings back there you don't even notice, over by Monsters Inc. I think the Plaza will go back to being a restaurant.
                Now that would be nice!

Comment

There's a lot of building(S)? There's a new backstage building that was just built, but there's nothing else extra back there. Take a look at Google Maps... the rest are backstage buildings.
                  --Mar-Que?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mar-Que?! View Post
                    There's a lot of building(S)? There's a new backstage building that was just built, but there's nothing else extra back there. Take a look at Google Maps... the rest are backstage buildings.
                    I guess you'll have to just wait and see then. its magic.

Comment

OK, having an AP processing center ONLY at DCA makes no sense, basically due to the park operating hours, plus the amount of guests that upgrade from a Disneyland only Single Day ticket to an AP.

The last time they tried this, it ended up being just a place for AP purchasers who had a photo on file to pick up their newly purchased AP that they paid for at the ticket booths.

But now all Ticket Booths have an AP printer, and it can be done on the spot.

Now, a second location to cut back waits might be nice, but how many folks will really head to DCA instead of the Plaza Pavillion for an AP.

Now, what I can see happening is a single AP center in the Main Entrance Plaza, similar to what they are doing to the Stroller/Wheelchair Rental centers. This would allow guests buying an AP for the first time to get in line only once, instead of having to pay at the Ticket Booths, and then a second line to get your photo taken.

But maybe the DCA center will have cameras and the Ticket Booth folks could send guests over there if the park is open. (Since DCA opens later and closes earlier on most days).

Also, it is strange it is being offered just after the busy Christmas Holiday season, when the park is cutting back hours.
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

They need an AP center. When I went there I was so confused on how to renew my AP.
                        The Future Is Ours

Comment

There is no room, unless they utilize H&D or WWTBAM-PI!, but that would be useless and dumb. And besides no ones heard about this until a week before it opens? I don't think so.

Unless those green buildings outlined in this pic aren't backstage buildings, but they seem too small.

--Mar-Que?!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                            OK, having an AP processing center ONLY at DCA makes no sense, basically due to the park operating hours, plus the amount of guests that upgrade from a Disneyland only Single Day ticket to an AP.

The last time they tried this, it ended up being just a place for AP purchasers who had a photo on file to pick up their newly purchased AP that they paid for at the ticket booths.

But now all Ticket Booths have an AP printer, and it can be done on the spot.

Now, a second location to cut back waits might be nice, but how many folks will really head to DCA instead of the Plaza Pavillion for an AP.

Now, what I can see happening is a single AP center in the Main Entrance Plaza, similar to what they are doing to the Stroller/Wheelchair Rental centers. This would allow guests buying an AP for the first time to get in line only once, instead of having to pay at the Ticket Booths, and then a second line to get your photo taken.

But maybe the DCA center will have cameras and the Ticket Booth folks could send guests over there if the park is open. (Since DCA opens later and closes earlier on most days).

Also, it is strange it is being offered just after the busy Christmas Holiday season, when the park is cutting back hours.
                            Main Entrance construction is where it will be when its all said and done. DCA is temporary as is Plaza Pavilion. You can of course get your AP printed out at the booth but as you know, only if it is a renewal. Why add one at DCA at this point in time...not really sure either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mar-Que?! View Post
                              There is no room, unless they utilize H&D or WWTBAM-PI!, but that would be useless and dumb. And besides no ones heard about this until a week before it opens? I don't think so.

Unless those green buildings outlined in this pic aren't backstage buildings, but they seem too small.

Nice map! , its going to be in Hollywood and Dine. either that or my wife who is scheduled to work there is insane and will just wander the faux streets of Hollywood for an entire shift. Either way, I'm okay with it.

Comment

An interesting (and arguably more important) follow-up question is, what exactly is going into the Plaza Pavilion??
                                I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
                                  An interesting (and arguably more important) follow-up question is, what exactly is going into the Plaza Pavilion??
                                  Hopefully a restaurant again and also the return of the Tahitian Terrace! Now wouldn't that be nice?

I'm not holding my breath, though.

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                                    Nice map! , its going to be in Hollywood and Dine. either that or my wife who is scheduled to work there is insane and will just wander the faux streets of Hollywood for an entire shift. Either way, I'm okay with it.
                                    But what will they do about the giant wall in front of the building? Is this some sort of plot to reduce the number of APs?

Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                                      Hopefully a restaurant again and also the return of the Tahitian Terrace! Now wouldn't that be nice?

I'm not holding my breath, though.
                                      Let me phrase it using a Pixar film we all know:

Randall: What happens when the NOMK expansion is finished?
                                      Mike: I get a time out?
                                      Randall: Everyone goes to the expanded kitchen! Which means the Plaza Pavilion kitchen will be...
                                      Mike: ...Painted?
                                      Randall: EMPTY!

Because of the NOMK construction, the Plaza Pavilion kitchen had to be brought up to code again. Why would they leave a newly refurbished kitchen to sit and rot? My guess is one (or both) side(s) of the restaurant will reopen.

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                                        But what will they do about the giant wall in front of the building?
                                        The walls have pathways on both sides of the building. (It is used a lot of special events). All they have to do is post some signage that says "This way to the AP Processing Center".

But this has to be temporary, too many Cheerleader competitions use that building in the next few months as a practice room.
                                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X