This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Renewal of annual pass

My pass expired today, and tomorrow me and my boyfriend are going to go renew our pass, now my question is I know that when you buy the annual pass the first time you have to pay the entrance fee which is the price of one admission ticket, do I have to do the same even though it is a renewal?

Do we still get the discount or not because we missed the deadline of the expiration date, we are going tomorrow .

Re: Renewal of annual pass

Originally posted by lizzie89 View Post
    My pass expired today, and tomorrow me and my boyfriend are going to go renew our pass, now my question is I know that when you buy the annual pass the first time you have to pay the entrance fee which is the price of one admission ticket, do I have to do the same even though it is a renewal?

Do we still get the discount or not because we missed the deadline of the expiration date, we are going tomorrow .
    Awww. you guys!!! You should not have let it expire. you don't get the discount AND you'll have to pay the $72 again, which you would not have had to pay if you are using the contract. I think this is where the saying "a day late and a dollar short" comes into play.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Unfortunately, in order to get the renewal discount you must have renewed your AP before the date it expires-they state in several places in their policy that you can't "renew" once it expires-you'll just be purchasing another AP at the full price.

Comment

The day you buy your Annual Pass, it is good for that day, black out day or not. So no you do not have to pay a day's admission to get the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
          The day you buy your Annual Pass, it is good for that day, black out day or not. So no you do not have to pay a day's admission to get the pass.
          if its expired you will.
          Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
          Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
            if its expired you will.
            No. The day you purchase your annual pass at a Ticketing Booth they give you a small white square pass that is your ticket for the day. You have to redeem that pass at an AP processing center that day to get your AP. You do not need to buy a ticket if your AP has expired and you need to process your AP.

Comment

You're contradicting yourself here. "The day you buy" "So no you do not have to pay"

Comment

No. The day you purchase your annual pass at a Ticketing Booth they give you a small white square pass that is your ticket for the day. You have to redeem that pass at an AP processing center that day to get your AP. You do not need to buy a ticket if your AP has expired and you need to process your AP.
                Again, if you don't need to buy a ticket, why would you purchase anything at the ticketing booth?

I'm really confused.

Comment

Originally posted by DizneyPhotoGuy View Post
                  You're contradicting yourself here. "The day you buy" "So no you do not have to pay"

No I am not. The day you buy a Annual Pass you do not have to pay for a 1 day park admission.

Comment

No I am not. The day you buy a Annual Pass you do not have to pay for a 1 day park admission.
                    Yes, you are. You're saying "The day you BUY an Annual Pass, you don't have to PAY for a 1 day park admission."

What are you BUYING? If you're not PAYING?

I think I'm missing something.

Comment

On a side note, we're going to renew our AP's for the first time later this year. Is there a discount for renewing a current AP? We are Deluxe AP holders. Thanks!
                      Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Ok, we have a couple of DIFFERENT issues...

One is regards to purchasing an AP shortly after the old one expires. The rules state no $20 discount for a renewal of a Deluxe or Premium AP, and that you must pay a "down payment" towards the AP equal to the current Single Day/Single Park ticket if you want to be part of the Monthly Payment Plan. The full $72 is credited to any of the 4 AP's on sale, and then you can spread out the balance in Monthly Payments.

The second is the purchase of a NEW Annual Pass. On the first day of use of the voucher (since some folks get the e-ticket Print at Home or the Plastic Gift Cards), you are allowed into both parks as a courtesy, basically to allow the park to try and sell them to you at the Ticket Booths, and to have folks go to the AP Processing Center to get photos done. (And since they offer it to some folks, they just offer it to anyone in that condidition.)

Also, sometimes as a courtesy, they will allow you to renew a few days after expiration, that does have Disney keep the old expiration Month and Day. It doesn't hurt to ask if you are trying to get a Premium AP.

But if you have a Deluxe AP, you do NOT want to renew tomorrow, you want to SPECIFICALLY ask for a "new" AP, since you would have to pay for a Blockout Pass to enter the parks if it was a renewal. (Blockout passes are $45 a day, so a much better discount than $20).

Also don't forget, if you are getting any sort of AP with Parking tomorrow to bring the Paid Parking Receipt, as they will credit the amount paid (currently $14) towards the purchase of either a New or Renewal AP with Parking.
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
                          On a side note, we're going to renew our AP's for the first time later this year. Is there a discount for renewing a current AP? We are Deluxe AP holders. Thanks!
                          Yes, the currently policy is if you renew to a Premium or Deluxe AP, they will take $20 off the current price of a new AP of the same type.

Also interesting to note, anyone of the 4 AP's, including the SoCal versions get the $20 for a renewal discount if you decide to purchase a Deluxe or Premium AP. So you can downgrade to a Deluxe from a Premium, or upgrade from a SoCal if you are renewing.
                          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                            (And since they offer it to some folks, they just offer it to anyone in that condidition.)
                            Clap clap for Darkbeer! He made a new word! XD

My AP is an annual christmas present from my dad, so luckily I don't have to mess with all this yucky stuff. He just gives me the plastic gift card and I go get my pass in the parks. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                              Yes, the currently policy is if you renew to a Premium or Deluxe AP, they will take $20 off the current price of a new AP of the same type.

Also interesting to note, anyone of the 4 AP's, including the SoCal versions get the $20 for a renewal discount if you decide to purchase a Deluxe or Premium AP. So you can downgrade to a Deluxe from a Premium, or upgrade from a SoCal if you are renewing.
                              Thanks Darkbeer!!
                              Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

What pass are you buying? We have never had to purchase a day ticket when buying an annual pass. Matter of fact, one of the great things about the day you purchase the AP is that no matter what kind of pass you get, you get in that day, no matter if you are blacked out that day or not.

Also, any time you purchase a ticket or hopper or anything, you can apply that to the price of your annual pass. Lets say you were on vacation and had 3 day hoppers, had such a great time you decide you are gonna come down a few more times in the next year, you can upgrade your hopper to an annual pass and they will apply the amount you paid for your hopper to the price of an AP, the only thing is that the hopper cant be expired.

Comment

We live in Northern California and we do AP's because we go down at least 3 times a year and we never renew, we always rebuy because if you renew, the date starts automatically the first day yours expires where if you buy new, it starts on the first day you go PLUS you can get in if its a blackout day. We did that last year when we went down in July.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X