Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does an AP renewed online expire before mailed?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Does an AP renewed online expire before mailed?

Hi y'all,

I got my premium Annual Passport renewed online about two weeks ago. Last week, on Wednesday (12/23), I went to Disneyland with my old ticket. I got into DCA without any issues, bought a couple of gifts with my AP discount--no problem. Got into Disneyland Park--no problem. But, about 6 PM, I was buying a gift at Pooh Corner when the CM told me that my passport had become "invalid" and was not available for the discount. I pointed out that the expiration date had not yet passed, so she called her manager. It took about 15 minutes of talking and overriding the computer before I could get the darn 20% discount. Just to see if it was just that shop or if it was my passport, I bought something at the Emporium a couple hours later--same problem. After more talking and overriding, I got the discount.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? It was frustrating that my passport had been deactivated by Disney when I had yet to receive my new card. Thanks!

EDIT: I probably worded the title wrong...oh well, it won't let me change it...
    Last edited by ttztotdca50; 12-28-2009, 07:28 AM. Reason: trying to fix title
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Re: Does an AP renewed online expire before mailed?

Any time you Renewed Online Your Old AP is No good.
    You have stop By guest service.
    Castmember will give you a one day hopper pass.
    Also Tell the castmember that you are going shopping may be give you a card that work.

You got luck Most time I get stop at the gate.

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

^^ Correct.

If you've already paid online and the new pass hasn't arrived yet, you'll need to speak with a gate attendant to gain entry. Present your old pass and explain that you have already renewed online but the pass hasn't arrived yet. They'll have you step aside for a moment while a lead or supervisor checks your status and then lets you in.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Same thing happened to me. I renewed online and hadn't gotten my new pass yet. I just went to the gates and told them that I just renewed. They just overrided it and I went in, no problem at all. The only problem I had was buying food or merchandise. They had to call a manager to get my new Pass bar code to be able to use it. It took quite a while.

Comment

They did that to us a couple of years back. Tickets were in the mail. Passes were good for another week, but when we got to the turnstiles, they said invalid passes.
          We had to get a supervisor to let us in.
          I understand why they do it, so that people won't try and cheat the system, but it was kind of annoying.
          That was at least a couple of years back.
          You'd think that they would have it figured out by now.

Comment

When you renew your pass do you get a 20 dollar discount when your premium or deluxe ????? Im going to renew my pass on New Years Eve but im going to the park ???? and will they let you in if you renew on the day your going if in the park
            Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X