Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you think the "Give a day" promo will go?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you think the "Give a day" promo will go?

I'm excited about this program. I think it's a great way for a company to encourage volunteerism. I hope they get tons of people signing up for this and then following through with it.

Comment

What are some of these "volunteer opportunities"... from commercials and such it seems Habitat for Humanity is one, anyone know any others?

Comment

Originally posted by woodwanderer View Post
        What are some of these "volunteer opportunities"... from commercials and such it seems Habitat for Humanity is one, anyone know any others?
        Quoting Disney...

The program’s eligible volunteer opportunities are made available solely by or through HandsOn Network (“HON”), Points of Light Institute and their affiliates.
        From the HandsOn Network website...

Our Action Centers are in more than 250 communities across the country and 11 international locations. They reach 83% of the population, facilitating more than 30,000 projects a month. Our network also includes more than 70,000 nonprofit, faith, education and community-based organizations. There truly is something for everyone who wishes to engage in service.
        Last edited by Darkbeer; 12-28-2009, 07:32 PM.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

So... you need to be over 6 to volunteer but if you're over 3 they charge you to get into Disneyland?

I'm with DB on this in saying that I think MORE people will show up with this because the time frame is a great deal looser (not actual day of birth which was a pain to pull off).
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Does anyone else think the silver ears at the expo were getting us ready for this year's promotion?

Comment

I don't like how there aren't any eligible groups in my own community. I will have to travel to another community in order to receive the free day deal. I would much rather help out people in my own community. However, I am not planning on going to WDW or DLR in 2010 and if by chance I did, the dates I have available are blocked out.
              WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
              DLR: 1999, 2009
              DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
              http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                Don't forget, said the offer ends once they reach somewhere around 1 million participants, which has now been worded into
                Disney knows about how many tickets they will give away. They only hit a million Birthday tickets in 2009 in October. I don't think they will give away as many "Give a days" due to the fact that many people wont spend the time to volunteer.

I do think that Disney will benefit from two things. Great Press and Less volume on the free tickets. Plus a LOT of the tickets will end up going to charity so again...Great Press. Overall I like it!
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                  Does anyone else think the silver ears at the expo were getting us ready for this year's promotion?
                  Pretty much!

Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Well my organization, the UCI Arboretum, is in the final stages of getting approved for the promotion. Delays are at our end, but I expect them to be cleared up right after New Year.

So for those that haven't seen anything for your community, hang on! I suspect a lot of organizations will be posting opportunities after the New Year.
                    Last edited by Young at Heart; 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM.
                    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
                    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
                    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
                    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
                    Young at Heart"

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                      I guess that makes sense. I had to sign waivers on dive boats and my instructor told me they didn't mean anything.
                      That is because you cannot waiver away neglegence.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                        And just wait for select "voluntears" to get injured while performing their task and then blame Disney for their injury!

Don't think that it won't happen...

The scammers will be coming out of the woodwork! And so will the contingency lawyers!!!

Nice thought Disney, but bad idea...
                        I'm sure that's part of why they're running it through a third party.
                        Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                        : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                          Disney knows about how many tickets they will give away. They only hit a million Birthday tickets in 2009 in October. I don't think they will give away as many "Give a days" due to the fact that many people wont spend the time to volunteer.

I do think that Disney will benefit from two things. Great Press and Less volume on the free tickets. Plus a LOT of the tickets will end up going to charity so again...Great Press. Overall I like it!
                          Actually, they probably worked it out on paper where they found they would probably only have to give away half of what they did for last year's promotion, but get twice the PR. A very win win win for Disney. It sounds very socially proactive, but relatively few people will actually take advantage of it.

Of course, the apparent downside, relative to last year, will be that many people will feel that it only benefits those who are willing or able to do the "community service" (not necessarily equal opportunity) as opposed to being qualified by just being born.

Comment

Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
                            Actually, they probably worked it out on paper where they found they would probably only have to give away half of what they did for last year's promotion, but get twice the PR. A very win win win for Disney. It sounds very socially proactive, but relatively few people will actually take advantage of it.

Of course, the apparent downside, relative to last year, will be that many people will feel that it only benefits those who are willing or able to do the "community service" (not necessarily equal opportunity) as opposed to being qualified by just being born.
                            have you ever seen how many people will stand in line for hours to save $50 bucks (like when all the stores are opening at 4 am on Black Friday) People will waste a lot of their own time to save a couple of bucks, I think a lot will take advantage of the offer. Also, a different crowd, the type that likes to "give" will come out in big numbers, where they might not have even thought of going to the park for their birthday. Probably wind up giving away about the same amount in the end.

Comment

I don't think it will be as successful as Disney plans. This years- get in birthday free surprised them and this new promo will probably surprise them too but in the opposite way.
                              disney lady

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                                I don't think it will pull in the crowds like the bday promotion, because people will actually have to do something for the ticket.
                                which, to me, is a good thing!
                                The Original LOST BOY

Comment

So if you are an AP what do you get? I didnt see anything about that in the FAQ

Comment

nothing. :Shrug:
                                    The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Originally posted by BriDorough05 View Post
                                      So if you are an AP what do you get? I didnt see anything about that in the FAQ
                                      FAQs | Give A Day Get A Disney Day | What Will You Celebrate? | Disney Parks

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport , is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:
                                        • Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
                                        • Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
                                        • Dreams Take Flight Canada

Valid ID and a valid Walt Disney WorldDisneyland
                                      But as I mentioned earlier, if you plan it right, you let your AP expire, and then take the voucher on your next visit, and apply the value towards a new AP... That will save you over $70.
                                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

The ear hats at Expo weren't just promo giveaways, they were a gift for donating your time to help the charitable organization of the day. Disney VoluntEARS has been around a lot longer than this promo, since 2003 I believe.
                                        I volunteered 3 out of the 4 days, it was nice to take a break and help someone else, while we were indulging ourselves in our hobby and things that make us happy. It also taught my children a lesson as well. I'm really glad Disney gave us the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney.com View Post
                                          with exclusive trading pins
                                          hmmmmmmmmm
                                          The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X