This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Singing CM in Fantasyland?

So I was wondering how many people here know of this one CM (who's name I don't know) I've always seen her in Fantasyland dark rides singing to guests the instructions (ie stay behind the line or else) and think she's fantastic.

I'm not sure if she still works there, but over the past couple of years of going to Disneyland I always search for this CM. Generally all the CMs are quite nice but this one to me was always a cut above the rest... I can't imagine singing for that long....

anyway... just curious if she works there still and if you get the same impression I do....

Re: Singing CM in Fantasyland?

I know who you're talking about, and she's amazing. Since we can't say names on the website due to privacy, it's a shame because she really does deserves some recognition.

She told me a story last time I saw her:

There was this mom and her little girl and they were about to get off Alice in Wonderland. She (The CM) started singing to them and the mom started crying, and I mean full on balling. The mom comes up to the CM and says, "You've just made my day. I've been going through so much stuff in my life currently. I was hardly able to afford this trip to Disneyland for my daughter. It's things and people like you who make this place as beautiful as it is." She told me that you can see the pain in this mom's eyes when she spoke and how thankful she was.

Comment

It's cast members like that that truly make Disneyland such a special place.

Comment

I've been told you can go to town hall on mainstreet and leave compliments (or complaints usually I suspect) for the going ons in the park...
        Am I mistaken in that..?

I think I'll try and do that next time I'm there - she always gives people smiles...

Comment

Things have definitely changed since I worked there.

Nice story about the mother and her daughter so I know I'll probably come off as Scrooge. I just couldn't see this happening when I worked there.

Attractions CMs singing to guests? Dancing around the Tiki Room with the birds? (Another story I've heard about another CM on here)

Maybe I'm wrong but when I worked America Sings, I can't help but think had supervision gotten wind that I was up with the hens singing about "laying down my burden, down by the riverside," it wouldn't have lasted long.

Nice these CMs are making the days of guests, but I just don't think that would have flown when I was an Attractions CM there.

When I was trained on the rotations in Fantasyland if I had asked my trainer if I could sing to the guests, he would have been taken somewhat aback. And not because he was against making a guest's day. It just wasn't part of the role.

But then again, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by woodwanderer View Post
            I've been told you can go to town hall on mainstreet and leave compliments (or complaints usually I suspect) for the going ons in the park...
            Am I mistaken in that..?

I think I'll try and do that next time I'm there - she always gives people smiles...
            I totally agree with leaving a compliment for a castmember who does something special or makes your day brighter.

I have done that for years. I actually send a snail-mail letter to Disneyland Guest Relations, though. That is how I came to meet my co-author 28 years ago. He was a pilot on the Keel Boats and did a wonderful job of it. I wrote to Disneyland and told them how well he did and they showed him my letter. He decided to write back, and the rest, as they say, is history! We've been friends ever since and just published our first novel together with another one in the works and another in the 'thinking process'.

We wrote to the Grand Californian when one of the women who worked registration found out it was our anniversary and she sent up some awesome milk and cookies on a silver tray along with a gold-embossed Mickey card.

Never hesitate to tell someone 'thank you' or 'you did a great job'. With all the rudeness and me-ism in the world today, it is great when someone does something nice.
            sigpic
            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Slightly Off Topic, but my favoriteist CM ever was one who was working the Matterhorn. She must have worked for the military or something, but Space Mountain needs this girl. She was the most efficient CM I've ever seen. It's actually hard to describe her, but imagine a military person going "You, 1. Both of you, row 2." in a army-style voice. She got the line moving super fast. It was both hilarious and appreciated. Too bad I never got her name... I would have left her a compliment.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X