• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ndStar2theRight
    replied
    Re: Downtown Disney Parking $20

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    No. That's demand pricing.
    I agree. $20 parking is reasonable for a New Year's Eve event. I've paid $50 for parking at a major football event. Which considering the limited parking in the area it was held at, I willingly forked over the $50.

Leave a comment:

• techskip
    replied

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Isn't that price gouging?
    No... from a business perspective that is trying to ensure that your patrons have a place to park. For those who go to the theater or eat at one of the restaurants the parking is "free" as the fee is refunded. For those simply wanting a close place to park so they can see fireworks or go to the park it's $20 (again meant to discourage individuals without discouraging patrons of DTD).

Personally I think $20 is low... most places now charge $20 for special occasions to park so the public doesn't think much of plopping down a Jackson to park at an entertainment venue. So in that regard it could be seen as price gouging because it isn't discouraging individuals so much as generating more income. I would go with $30 or higher... which would discourage those just wanting a place to park who are not there to eat or watch a movie.

Incidentally I read somewhere that the reason for charging $20 is because commonly ATM's only issue $20 (newer ones can do $10 and sometimes $5) and often times the park attendants do not have change.

Leave a comment:

• Alex E
    replied

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Yeah, definitely. Can you imagine how quickly they would become full otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• interpol
    replied

I'm going to a show today at the House of Blues. So you pay 20 when entering and then pay again when you leave at the normal rate?

Leave a comment:

• PirateMickey
    replied

No more so than charging $3 for a bottle of water that only costs 25 cents! :lol:

Don't like the price? Then choose to not pay it!

Leave a comment:

• Mojave
    replied

No one is forcing you to go to DLR for NYE.

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    replied

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Actually it is pay $20 when you ENTER the lot, and then if you can get your paid ticket validated by the AMC Theaters or selected Restaurants, you can get your $20 back by taking your validated ticket to the Valet Booth near the ESPN Zone.

There is no time limit on New Years Eve.
    the cast reference guide said 5 hours, so I that's what I based that on.

Leave a comment:

• Darkbeer
    replied

Actually it is pay $20 when you ENTER the lot, and then if you can get your paid ticket validated by the AMC Theaters or selected Restaurants, you can get your $20 back by taking your validated ticket to the Valet Booth near the ESPN Zone.

There is no time limit on New Years Eve.

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    started a topic News Downtown Disney Parking $20

Downtown Disney Parking $20

New Years eve, starting at 5 pm $20 for parking in Downtown Disney. 5 hours of validation.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X