X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geomorph
    replied
    Re: a bug's land at Disney's California Adventure - Pictures

Awesome, yes I tend to get some washed out looks when there are gloomy but bright skies creating contrast in the shots, I use a photo editor for cropping and other adjustments but I usually have a hard time with color adjustments.

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

I love your photos. What you have done is something I've been meaning to do for a while (and I better do it soon) - go to DCA and take photos of anything and everything around the park to document what it looks like before it loses almost every California aspect about it.

The only thing I would suggest doing would be a little bit of editing in Photoshop or a similar program. The shots themselves are awesome, but some of them look washed out or look like they don't have the proper colors.
    Really all the would need to be one is Levels or Curves to bring out the true colors of everything.
    Other than that, awesome pictures

Leave a comment:

• dmtnt55
    replied

Good photos as always!

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by geomorph View Post
    coheteboy, thanks for the additional photos, I especially like the detail of the benches made out of 'popsicle sticks'!
    You're welcome! And here's one more... I thought this was Golden State but then I saw the trash cans.

Leave a comment:

• geomorph
    replied

coheteboy, thanks for the additional photos, I especially like the detail of the benches made out of 'popsicle sticks'!

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Great stuff!

hope you don't mind me adding a few more both old and new from my collection.

Leave a comment:

• geomorph
    replied

Thank you! I need to photograph the inside of It's Tough to be a Bug theater next time!

Leave a comment:

• LittleImagineer
    replied

These are good pics! Thanks for sharing!(:

Leave a comment:

• a bug's land at Disney's California Adventure - Pictures

My picture threads consist of images I have taken that focus on the architecture, landscape architecture, planning, design, and theming of the facilities highlighted. They may also contain short descriptions and commentary, but will not focus on construction progress or special events or memorabilia or food selections or my traveling companions. Hopefully these threads are a good introduction for those who have not seen these places yet. All killer, no filler!

a bug's land photographed in December 2008:
    Based on the Pixar film 'a bug's life', this delightfully detailed land is the most cartoonish and child-like area of the park. It is the only land that does not directly celebrate California, although it can be viewed as a minute aspect of the state and thus does not detract from the rest of the park; in fact, it is a great asset and more successful in creating a unique experience than many of the other areas.

Entry Sign:

Bountiful Valley Farm:
    This set of gardens is the first part of the land guests encounter and is a good transition from the adjoining Golden State land and its more realistic style. The garden plots are designed to reflect the abstract style of the statues of characters from the movie that adorn each, providing a fairly subtle introduction to the increasing cartoonish immersion. A small waterplay area called Irrigation Station and the Bountiful Valley Farmer's Market food area are nearby and augment the transition.

It's Tough to be a Bug!:
    The major attraction of this land is a wonderful light-hearted 3-D film with in-theater special effects that is based on characters from the theatrical film as well as others created for this attraction that illustrate the world of insects. The queue area is a simulated earthen gash in the garden that descends to a rocky cave passage with fungi growing out of the cracks. This dark chamber has been decorated by the bugs with pun-filled movie posters of their own productions to serve as the lobby for the adjoining large rocky chamber where guests watch the film.

Flik's Fun Fair:
    This concentrated area is the most immersive of the land's areas and contains 5 small attractions set within a fantastic landscape that is larger than life; guests are effectively shrunk upon entering to experience a bug's-eye view of the world.

Princess Dot Puddle Park:

Francis' Ladybug Boogie:

Tuck and Roll's Drive-'Em Buggies:

Flik's Flyers:

Heimlich's Chew Chew Train:

Enjoy!

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X