This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Annual Passes Next Year

So we all now, as has been reported many times by Al, that between the free birthday tickets and the fact that many people couldn't afford to take full on vacations this past year, that tons of people turned their one day tickets into annual passes and thus...

ANNUAL PASSES EXPLODED!!! and caused a headache for everyone else (and especially the rest of us long time annual passholders, or at least myself, because after giving Disney tons of money for the past 14 years we are suddenly treated as dirt and the sole cause of Disney's problems)

SO, now, without the free Birthday tickets (and with the economy increasing every so tiny itty little of a bit slightly) do you think that annual passes will go down next year? Do you think everyone will renew and it will stay the same? Or do you think more people will jump on the bandwagon and we'll have an even bigger headache on our hands?

Re: Annual Passes Next Year

Well, I certainly hope AP's go down! There are waaay too many SoCal passes in my opinion. (Fellow MC'ers, don't beat me up for saying that please)
    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

No, and for a couple of reasons...

Renewal AP's do not have to pay the "Single Day/Single Park" price if they live in SoCal and want to make monthly payments. Which makes it easy to get someone to renew.... (Just straight 12 payments over a year, aka no down payment).

Also, the new Volunteer for a day tickets can be used as a credit (currently $72 for most folks) as a credit to-wards any NEW AP. (But heck, $72 is better than a $20 discount for a renewal). Just let the old AP expire, and get a new AP on your next visit, as the Volunteer ticket has to be used on the day it is redeemed.

Plus the fact that the World of Color is coming up.... I think we will see an INCREASE in AP's!

Sorry....
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post

Renewal AP's do not have to pay the "Single Day/Single Park" price if they live in SoCal and want to make monthly payments. Which makes it easy to get someone to renew.... (Just straight 12 payments over a year, aka no down payment).

Also, the new Volunteer for a day tickets can be used as a credit (currently $72 for most folks) as a credit to-wards any NEW AP. (But heck, $72 is better than a $20 discount for a renewal). Just let the old AP expire, and get a new AP on your next visit, as the Volunteer ticket has to be used on the day it is redeemed.

Plus the fact that the World of Color is coming up.... I think we will see an INCREASE in AP's!

Sorry....
        Darn): I think you just broke my heart...
        Anyways, maybe Disney should keep the SoCal passes, but take away the monthly payment plan on them. Then it could sorta be a win-win for all. Also, I don't think the Volunteer program will be quite as popular as the birthday program, I could be wrong though.
        As for DCA playing a roll in AP's, I think it's possible that AP's will increase in the next few years because of all the new things happening, but AP's may also become pretty much unaffordable if things keep going the way they are
        sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
        Disney is my life <3
        Future Imagineer <3

Comment

You have it all wrong. It's not that there are too many APs, it's that there too little park! I suggest expanding Disneyland into the rest of Anaheim.

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
            You have it all wrong. It's not that there are too many APs, it's that there too little park! I suggest expanding Disneyland into the rest of Anaheim.
            Hahaha. I never thought of that before! Sounds like a good plan to me!(: ...except AP's and ticket prices would probably sky rocket. ha
            Disney is my life <3
            Future Imagineer <3

Comment

There's too many AP categories at Disneyland. But it's starting to get that way in Florida too now that they're introducing a weekday only AP (plus there's the after 4pm EPCOT pass for FL residents, the after 2pm waterparks pass for FL residents, the seasonal pass, the FL resident regular & premium annual passes... the reg just gets the 4 theme parks & free parking, the premium includes the waterparks and I think Disney Quest).

As long as Disney keeps finding ways to milk us for more money, we're going to keep seeing stuff like this for a long time.

Comment

I think AP numbers would go down if they'd take away the payment plan. I think it should end next year. I took advantage of the payment plan this year due to financial problems but with the economy picking up again (slowly) it should go back to all or nothing, otherwise I'm seriously considering letting this pass expire with no renewal and putting my money toward WDW once a year.
                This post brought to you by Eli ♥
                You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
                LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

Comment

I'm one of the "unwashed" that could afford AP's for my family last Christmas and are clogging it up for all of you "Real" Disney AP'ers. My plan is to use the Birthday fun cards to renew (Socal of course right) this year and since I won't be volunteering, for 2011 and beyond I'll probably do the mothly option thing.

I clog up your park about 12 times per year and given the Birthday cash and monthly payment, you're stuck with me for a while. See ya in line for Peter Pan!

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
                    Then where will the Angels and the Ducks play?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      Then where will the Angels and the Ducks play?
                      The stadiums could be incorporated into the park!
                      "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

according to my source, they are blowing out the door this week!
                        Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                        Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

All I know is in 5 Months we have to renew ours. EEEEEK!

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                            according to my source, they are blowing out the door this week!
                            Does that mean a lot of new APs being sold?
                            Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

I have one question for all of you: When all of you indicate that "Disneyland" is congested, do you mean the Resort as a whole or just Disneyland Park itself? I do plan on renewing my AP in 2010 since there's lots to look forward to. That has been mind-boggling ever since these AP-madness discussion have exploded.

Comment

Wow. I didn't realize that taking advantage of a deal and getting the AP I can afford as a part-time minimum wage worker/ college student was considered a bad thing on this site. :sweat: I've had an AP for several years now and it wasn't until recently that I've needed to downgrade to the SoCal. I agree that the crowds are heavier (and that drives me nuts!) but I don't think I have a right to complain as many of them are probably in the same financial situation as I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post

Sorry....
                                  Well you just killed all my hopes and dreams...lol

However, although I could see the renewal plan and world of color being a draw, I don't really know how successful the give a day promotion is going to be. I think a lot of people will have all intentions to do it, but will keep putting it off and never actually get to volunteering.

Comment

Originally posted by tablesetter View Post
                                    I'm one of the "unwashed" that could afford AP's for my family last Christmas and are clogging it up for all of you "Real" Disney AP'ers.
                                    Originally posted by Unl1keCl0ckwork View Post
                                    Wow. I didn't realize that taking advantage of a deal and getting the AP I can afford as a part-time minimum wage worker/ college student was considered a bad thing on this site.
                                    People always take the discussions on annual passes personally, but they shouldn't.

No one used the term "real AP'ers" and no one has criticized anyone for taking advantage of a good deal.

My observations have been that Disneyland on a weekend night is wall-to-wall people navigating the East side is crazy. Off season promotions like Ghost Galaxy bring in the crowds, but they still run the park like it's the off-season (70+ minute wait for The Matterhorn on a weekday in October because they only ran one side of the track).

I think they should have an AP program to bring in the locals, both to offset the slow season and to gain extra revenue from food/merchandise they wouldn't otherwise.

However, there needs to be a balance. When Disneyland becomes a packed-to-the-gills locals hangout, it stops being a relaxing vacation destination for us out-of-towners (but don't get me wrong, I encountered nothing unexpected crowd-wise and any criticism I have from my recent trip is relatively minor).

Disney seems to be mining the parks for every bit of profit they can, but if the experience degrades, they might lose business over time. Overall, the conditions this year made me, personally, "a teensy bit less likely to visit again".

Take advantage of the deals if you can, but don't take it personally when people suggest reducing congestion in the parks by adjusting the AP program.
                                    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by tablesetter View Post
                                      I'm one of the "unwashed" that could afford AP's for my family last Christmas and are clogging it up for all of you "Real" Disney AP'ers. My plan is to use the Birthday fun cards to renew (Socal of course right) this year and since I won't be volunteering, for 2011 and beyond I'll probably do the mothly option thing.

I clog up your park about 12 times per year and given the Birthday cash and monthly payment, you're stuck with me for a while. See ya in line for Peter Pan!
                                      Hey it's not that I'm personally blaming anyone, I just very much miss those odd days when the park was practically dead in the off seasons. Now this year it seems like everyday, unless it's raining cats and dogs and even then sometimes, it's incredibly busy. Now I know all the people Walt Disney Theme Parks and Resorts love all those numbers, but it takes away a lot of the magic from the park.

Also, and I think this doesn't apply to most of the people on this site, but there are many passholders (who took advantage of extending their one day ticket) that don't really love Disneyland that much, and just enjoy going 'round and 'round again on the couple thrill rides they deem acceptable and are in fact annoyed by all the children in the park and all the cool little attractions that make Disneyland special. I know people like this and it makes me sad that these people clog the parks.

Comment

I have a simple solution dont go...if your not happy vote with your pocket book and stay home.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X