Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People were Crazy at the Parks Last Night!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] People were Crazy at the Parks Last Night!

Okay first of all I went to Disneyland yesterday with my family and cousin who's out of town from back east because she left today back home. I'm skipping to end of the night! Parks were crazy!

In front of the Golden Horseshoe an elderly lady got tripped by a man! The looked back and continued walking! Thank goodness my family and other people came to help her up and thank goodness it was okay!

Secondly in line in pirates around 7ish the line snaked around new orleans square and we were waiting in a 25 minute wait. Well there were crowds slowly moving to the left of the line by the fantasmic viewing area and people were mad! Some smart couple unhooked part of the line and the crowds went through well aware that they were going through a line! It was like Hello??? Were in a line here! We continued on the line and told the cast member what happened! He raced to fix the line and immediately extra crowd control was called because there was alot more cast-members in the area directing trafic.

And lastly in line for HMH a fight almost broke out between two ladys! Good thing security got called over!

And just lots of people in general were rude!

Re: People were Crazy at the Parks Last Night!

Yesterday was HORRIBLE crowds. I've never seen it so busy, and such high wait times. Definitely never going over break again. But despite that it was fun.
    Hope your day was still alright, and that is so rude about that woman! Good thing you witnessed it.

edit: i was also saying yesterday i've never encountered so many rude people in my life! Totally agreed!
    Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 12-29-2009, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad time! I was planning on going for a day trip to take pictures, and not ride much. Thankfully I cancelled. It really sucks when people just don't get it, and lack common courtesy, and common sense. It makes everything a lot harder than it should be for EVERYONE. Hopefully you have a better visit next time!

Comment

I actually had a good time in the day but the nighttime was just so crazy!

Comment

Lots of people = more chance for chaos.

Comment

We spent all yesterday at Knotts and I remarked to my sister how polite and friendly the guests and workers were, as opposed to the last view times I've been to Disneyland. The fact that the place was empty and the kids were walking back on rides multiple times was probably what made the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnie Momma View Post
              We spent all yesterday at Knotts and I remarked to my sister how polite and friendly the guests and workers were, as opposed to the last view times I've been to Disneyland. The fact that the place was empty and the kids were walking back on rides multiple times was probably what made the difference.
              So Knotts was dead? That's good to know. My family likes Knotts and I always wonder what the place is like at Christmas, since I avoid DL like the plague over break.
              Janette

Comment

Straighten UP people. I'm so sick of rude and obnoxious being the standard order of the day.

All I Really need to know I learned in kindergarten... a book by Robert Fulghum. Everyone should read it. I quote it, "in a nutshell"
                Play fair
                Don't hit
                Clean up your own mess
                Say sorry when you hurt someone.

Geeez. I need a nap.
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Thats horrible!! It's like this one time someone tried to kidnap my brother. -.- The crowds are huge.
                  MEOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Leofoenget View Post
                    So Knotts was dead? That's good to know. My family likes Knotts and I always wonder what the place is like at Christmas, since I avoid DL like the plague over break.
                    Yea, Knott's is dead..wonder why..

..maybe it's because they can't really compete with the biggest entertainment company?

that might have something to do with it being dead...yea...that's it.

Comment

Doesn't sound out of the ordinary. I've actually been screamed and cursed at by people, now that's crazy.
                      This post brought to you by Eli ♥
                      You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
                      LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                        Yea, Knott's is dead..wonder why..

Well, between the choice of going to a very empty Knotts Berry Farm to a very crowded Disneyland. I'd go to an Empty Knotts Berry Farm.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                        Indy Ride Count: 2211
                        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

That's how a lot of los angeles residents are... not count YOU guys, who are probably awesome. But im just saying that cuz I have encountered TONS of rude people at DLR, but I've just never had the urge to do anything about it.
                          "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

Poor lady!

I would have chased the man down and confront him about it. I've done it before many of times to rude people.

Comment

The more crowded it gets then more primitive people behave...sad, but true.

Comment

That's too bad. I went on Christmas day with some family member who hadn't been in over a decade. We have an AP and go almost weekly to the park and I can honestly say that this was the busiest I have seen it in years! And sadly, people were rude. I could give many examples of this but the most flagrant example is this-we had been standing for over 3 hours in front of the Castle in a viewing area to watch the fireworks display-in the middle of the fireworks a man climbed over the ropes, pushed several people out of the way and stood directly in front of the kids (who had an unobstructed view because we got there early )totally blocking their view-while motioning for the other 4 people in his party to hop the ropes and join him. Needless to say that we (and about a dozen people around us) very politely pointed out that he would need to move on.
                                It seems to me that when the park gets too busy, people's nerves get frazzled and everyone has a short fuse-making many devoid of patience and tact.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                                  Okay first of all I went to Disneyland yesterday with my family and cousin who's out of town from back east because she left today back home. I'm skipping to end of the night! Parks were crazy!

In front of the Golden Horseshoe an elderly lady got tripped by a man! The looked back and continued walking! Thank goodness my family and other people came to help her up and thank goodness it was okay!

Secondly in line in pirates around 7ish the line snaked around new orleans square and we were waiting in a 25 minute wait. Well there were crowds slowly moving to the left of the line by the fantasmic viewing area and people were mad! Some smart couple unhooked part of the line and the crowds went through well aware that they were going through a line! It was like Hello??? Were in a line here! We continued on the line and told the cast member what happened! He raced to fix the line and immediately extra crowd control was called because there was alot more cast-members in the area directing trafic.

And lastly in line for HMH a fight almost broke out between two ladys! Good thing security got called over!

And just lots of people in general were rude!
                                  People are idiots. I work with the public. So It's a proven fact. Not all people, but a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leofoenget View Post
                                    That combined with the Toys for Tots $15 admission really made an easy decision for us last week. Most rides were less than 10 minutes, except for Ghost Rider and Silver Bullet.

Originally posted by MiMo View Post
                                    That's too bad. I went on Christmas day with some family member who hadn't been in over a decade. We have an AP and go almost weekly to the park and I can honestly say that this was the busiest I have seen it in years! And sadly, people were rude. I could give many examples of this but the most flagrant example is this-we had been standing for over 3 hours in front of the Castle in a viewing area to watch the fireworks display-in the middle of the fireworks a man climbed over the ropes, pushed several people out of the way and stood directly in front of the kids (who had an unobstructed view because we got there early )totally blocking their view-while motioning for the other 4 people in his party to hop the ropes and join him. Needless to say that we (and about a dozen people around us) very politely pointed out that he would need to move on.
                                    It seems to me that when the park gets too busy, people's nerves get frazzled and everyone has a short fuse-making many devoid of patience and tact.
                                    Bah. People can be such clueless jerks. I probably wouldn't have been so polite. Grrrr....

Comment

I Went the Saturday before Christmas and when night hit, OHH THE HORROR! It was so crowded that me and the kids couldnt even see the parade because we were forced to keep walking, the same thing happened to us during fantasmic and the fireworks. There isnt any walking room either.
                                      "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Comment

I was there Sunday, and it was pretty packed. I left for most of the day and did Anaheim Garden Walk, and Downtown Disney, went back in around 6 and crazy, then I said "christmas break+weekend", anyways fast forward, I was on main street at like 9:00 p.m. for fireworks, the place was packed Iv'e never seen it so backed up before in my life, then they gave the high wind warning......oh boy,lol.... people were not happy, I liked the new announcement they have for it "due to unfavorable wind conditions" blah,blah, it explains more than just "due to winds" one lady behind me was like "this is ridiculous, first we wait in these ridiculous lines, overpay for food, and now fireworks may be cancelled after an hour waiting? We're never coming back" One thing I always see Darkbeer mention sometimes in his updates "bring lots of patience" something not everyone does

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X