X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Face Characters and Secret Identities

Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

Hmm, well, I can't help ya, but I'm sure someone will be able to
    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

i would say ask the people in the disney face character audition thread, they seem to know their stuff
      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

Some interesting reading.

Basically, you sign away your soul when you become a CM, The Company owns anything and everything you do or create. And if you do something to break the Company's heart or bring negative publicity, you sleep with the fishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
          An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

Some interesting reading.

Basically, you sign away your soul when you become a CM, The Company owns anything and everything you do or create. And if you do something to break the Company's heart or bring negative publicity, you sleep with the fishes.
          I wouldn't exactly say you "sign away your soul". While I can't deny that his experience is true, I do know that some face characters have taken other acting jobs while working at the park. Granted, they are bit parts on TV or in commercials, but they can work outside. When characters apply for outside jobs, their resume also states that they are simply a performer in the park. No specifics.

I think the real deal is, just be very careful regarding who you tell, and where you say it.

Comment

I think you could put on your resume, but they probably prefer that you don't say what character you did. You probably can get away with just the title of "Performer"
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

Thanks!

Perhaps there's a privacy clause for the privacy clause

I'll try the Face Character audition thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
                very interesting! does anyone know anywhere else people have posted things like this?

it's also interesting learning how characters feel about AP's :-)
                Last edited by Sgt. Tibs; 12-30-2009, 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

A friend of mine performs as a Disney face character in WDW. When she got the job, the local paper ran a story about her, only mentioning that she would be a performer. For all you gather from the article, she might be a parade performer or musision. In actuality, she's appearing as a beloved well-known Disney character.

Comment

If the companys confidentiality clause prohibits their revealing their real (or secret) identity, then shouldnt this thread be closed to prevent such information from being revealed????

Comment

I have know some of these characters and I'm protecting there privies [ms] but the only thing I can say is they are not aloud to say who they are if they do they will get fire. So the character you saw was right they can't say there name. I remember early this year when the View was out in CA. Barba Walters had as Cinderella her real name and Cinderella said well I'm Cinderella so not even to super stars or reports are aloud to ask the characters for there real names. I rescept there rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                        I have know some of these characters and I'm protecting there privies [ms] but the only thing I can say is they are not aloud to say who they are if they do they will get fire. So the character you saw was right they can't say there name. I remember early this year when the View was out in CA. Barba Walters had as Cinderella her real name and Cinderella said well I'm Cinderella so not even to super stars or reports are aloud to ask the characters for there real names. I rescept there rights.

:bow:

Comment

What happens if you recognize a face character performer playing a different face character on another day and accidentally call them by the name of the other character they play? Could that harm them in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                            I applaud you for this one, Hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by CelebrateYou View Post
                              What happens if you recognize a face character performer playing a different face character on another day and accidentally call them by the name of the other character they play? Could that harm them in any way?
                              They'll probably be a little blind sided, but usually they'll play it off very well. It's part of the role.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X