Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Face Characters and Secret Identities

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Face Characters and Secret Identities


  • #2
    Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

    Hmm, well, I can't help ya, but I'm sure someone will be able to
    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

      i would say ask the people in the disney face character audition thread, they seem to know their stuff
      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
      Originally posted by penguinsoda

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

        An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

        Some interesting reading.

        Basically, you sign away your soul when you become a CM, The Company owns anything and everything you do or create. And if you do something to break the Company's heart or bring negative publicity, you sleep with the fishes.


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

          Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
          An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

          Some interesting reading.

          Basically, you sign away your soul when you become a CM, The Company owns anything and everything you do or create. And if you do something to break the Company's heart or bring negative publicity, you sleep with the fishes.
          I wouldn't exactly say you "sign away your soul". While I can't deny that his experience is true, I do know that some face characters have taken other acting jobs while working at the park. Granted, they are bit parts on TV or in commercials, but they can work outside. When characters apply for outside jobs, their resume also states that they are simply a performer in the park. No specifics.

          I think the real deal is, just be very careful regarding who you tell, and where you say it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

            I think you could put on your resume, but they probably prefer that you don't say what character you did. You probably can get away with just the title of "Performer"
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

              Thanks!

              Perhaps there's a privacy clause for the privacy clause

              I'll try the Face Character audition thread.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

                Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
                very interesting! does anyone know anywhere else people have posted things like this?

                it's also interesting learning how characters feel about AP's :-)
                Last edited by Sgt. Tibs; 12-30-2009, 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

                  A friend of mine performs as a Disney face character in WDW. When she got the job, the local paper ran a story about her, only mentioning that she would be a performer. For all you gather from the article, she might be a parade performer or musision. In actuality, she's appearing as a beloved well-known Disney character.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

                    If the companys confidentiality clause prohibits their revealing their real (or secret) identity, then shouldnt this thread be closed to prevent such information from being revealed????

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

                      I have know some of these characters and I'm protecting there privies [ms] but the only thing I can say is they are not aloud to say who they are if they do they will get fire. So the character you saw was right they can't say there name. I remember early this year when the View was out in CA. Barba Walters had as Cinderella her real name and Cinderella said well I'm Cinderella so not even to super stars or reports are aloud to ask the characters for there real names. I rescept there rights.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

                        Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                        I have know some of these characters and I'm protecting there privies [ms] but the only thing I can say is they are not aloud to say who they are if they do they will get fire. So the character you saw was right they can't say there name. I remember early this year when the View was out in CA. Barba Walters had as Cinderella her real name and Cinderella said well I'm Cinderella so not even to super stars or reports are aloud to ask the characters for there real names. I rescept there rights.


                        :bow:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

                          What happens if you recognize a face character performer playing a different face character on another day and accidentally call them by the name of the other character they play? Could that harm them in any way?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

                            Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                            I have know some of these characters and I'm protecting there privies [ms] but the only thing I can say is they are not aloud to say who they are if they do they will get fire. So the character you saw was right they can't say there name. I remember early this year when the View was out in CA. Barba Walters had as Cinderella her real name and Cinderella said well I'm Cinderella so not even to super stars or reports are aloud to ask the characters for there real names. I rescept there rights.
                            I applaud you for this one, Hooks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

                              Originally posted by CelebrateYou View Post
                              What happens if you recognize a face character performer playing a different face character on another day and accidentally call them by the name of the other character they play? Could that harm them in any way?
                              They'll probably be a little blind sided, but usually they'll play it off very well. It's part of the role.

                              EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X