• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrs marisa
    replied
    Re: I do...in FantasyLand

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    I should've worded what I said differently. I didn't say that every Vegas Wedding isn't classy, I'm just saying the ones where you just walk up to a window or go into the "Little White Chapel" and say, "Hey let's get married!" aren't classy to me.

Now if you actually planned out your wedding to be in one of the hotels on Las Vegas Blvd., used what they provided, and then had your reception in one of their nice dining halls, then that's different. My uncle's was literally like going into a salon to get your haircut.
    If People want to have a classy huge over the top wedding then fine they can have that......but for the more spontanous people who like to do things on a whim then they could do the "little white Chapel" kind of wedding at Disneyland......i still like my idea!

Leave a comment:

• leopardchucks
    replied

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
    Don't be hatin' on Vegas weddings. They can most definitely be classy, it just depends on the wishes of the bride and groom and the location they choose. Check out Vegas wedding photog Chelsea Nicole's website. You'll see what I mean. Chelsea Nicole - Positively Different Wedding Photography - Trash the Dress, Boudoir and Destination Photography. Worldwide: Based in Las Vegas (or her blog, at Chelsea Nicole – Positively Different Wedding Photography The latest work from Chelsea Nicole!)

Those photos are awesome! I might have to subscribe to her blog....I'll be needing a photographer with sass!

Thanks for the link! There's even a picture inside Planet Hollywood (betcha can't guess which one)...I work there! Fun!

Leave a comment:

• MonstersGoBoo!
    replied

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
    Don't be hatin' on Vegas weddings. They can most definitely be classy, it just depends on the wishes of the bride and groom and the location they choose. Check out Vegas wedding photog Chelsea Nicole's website. You'll see what I mean. Chelsea Nicole - Positively Different Wedding Photography - Trash the Dress, Boudoir and Destination Photography. Worldwide: Based in Las Vegas (or her blog, at Chelsea Nicole – Positively Different Wedding Photography The latest work from Chelsea Nicole!)

Back on topic!

It would be nice to be able to have a more spontaneous (and checkbook friendly) wedding on Disney property, and still have it Disney sanctioned.
    I should've worded what I said differently. I didn't say that every Vegas Wedding isn't classy, I'm just saying the ones where you just walk up to a window or go into the "Little White Chapel" and say, "Hey let's get married!" aren't classy to me.

Now if you actually planned out your wedding to be in one of the hotels on Las Vegas Blvd., used what they provided, and then had your reception in one of their nice dining halls, then that's different. My uncle's was literally like going into a salon to get your haircut.

Leave a comment:

• leopardchucks
    replied

I was checking out Dland wedding prices loooong before my fiance even proposed. From what I recall, the least expensive was $24,000 to be married in front of the castle. You can pay more to have your reception there too (including BOOZE and cake) and the bride can show up in Cinderella's pumpkin coach, if she desires.

I'd rather save that kind of cash for the honeymoon. *wink, wink*

Leave a comment:

• MissChristine
    replied

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Anyways, I like this idea, but I don't at the same time. I don't know, but I think of the word classy and to me I don't think drive thru weddings or Vegas Weddings are classy. It's just my personal taste though. I had an uncle get married in Vegas at the Little White Chapel and I HATED it.
    Don't be hatin' on Vegas weddings. They can most definitely be classy, it just depends on the wishes of the bride and groom and the location they choose. Check out Vegas wedding photog Chelsea Nicole's website. You'll see what I mean. Chelsea Nicole - Positively Different Wedding Photography - Trash the Dress, Boudoir and Destination Photography. Worldwide: Based in Las Vegas (or her blog, at http://chelseanicoleblog.com/)

Back on topic!

It would be nice to be able to have a more spontaneous (and checkbook friendly) wedding on Disney property, and still have it Disney sanctioned.

Leave a comment:

• MonstersGoBoo!
    replied

Originally posted by UptownDisney View Post
    Well, in July of 07, after having been apart for many years, I was reunited with the love of my life and we picked up where we left off 12 years earlier.

We were wandering around the parks one evening and he asked me where my favorite place in all of DL was. So I dragged him under the castle and held his hands and recited the words along with Jiminy - "fate is kind, she brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing. Like a bolt out of the blue fate steps in.." and at that point he asked me to marry him and pulled out a beautiful ring he'd been carrying around for days waiting for the right moment. I was stunned!

So we thought about a DL wedding, which of course is either hugely expensive or incredibly problematic. Our friend (who married us) was totally into a fly-by-guerilla-type-strike-force wedding on the fly somewhere in the park, if we wanted it, but it sounded too stressful to us (at our advanced ages). LOLOL!!

We were married in front of the fire at Catal in Downtown Disney on Jan 31 of this year with 80 of our dearest friends and families around us. Then we had the best wedding dinner anyone's ever had, from what I hear tell - everyone loved it. It was amazingly perfect, all in all!

Everyone should get engaged under the castle and married at Catal!

Cheers! P&D
    PATTI, WHEN DID YOU GET A MICECHAT ACCOUNT?! I miss you. This is such a cute story.

Anyways, I like this idea, but I don't at the same time. I don't know, but I think of the word classy and to me I don't think drive thru weddings or Vegas Weddings are classy. It's just my personal taste though. I had an uncle get married in Vegas at the Little White Chapel and I HATED it.

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

:lol: yeah i got that too!

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

What is funny is....
    Since someone mentioned Catholic
    Now there is a Google Ad
    For Catholics (Singles website) on this thread

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

Originally posted by disneymagish View Post
    Whoever my wife will be I'm definitely gonna ask her to marry me at disneyland.
    doooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!

and i'm glad that blood test thing isn't mandatory, i got scared. i have needlephobia

Leave a comment:

• mrs marisa
    replied

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    That is such a wonderful story! Congratulations!

< heartfelt wistful sigh >
    i.M TELLING YOU i THINK THIS IDEA WOULD WORK. You already pay half an arm and leg just to get in the park....but while people(couples) are there why not have a whimsical wedding out of the blue and why not it be at Disneyland, it would be like going to any regular store in the park, but instead you get married, a few pictures taken and a life long memory of having a mini wedding at the Happiest Place on Earth.

And then walk around with a shirt saying...Let me on the ride first I just got married..LOL I'm kidding about that part..but still I have a vision about a little chapel one day in DL and it wouldnt break the bank!!!

Leave a comment:

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied

Originally posted by UptownDisney View Post
    Well, in July of 07, after having been apart for many years, I was reunited with the love of my life and we picked up where we left off 12 years earlier.

We were wandering around the parks one evening and he asked me where my favorite place in all of DL was. So I dragged him under the castle and held his hands and recited the words along with Jiminy - "fate is kind, she brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing. Like a bolt out of the blue fate steps in.." and at that point he asked me to marry him and pulled out a beautiful ring he'd been carrying around for days waiting for the right moment. I was stunned!

So we thought about a DL wedding, which of course is either hugely expensive or incredibly problematic. Our friend (who married us) was totally into a fly-by-guerilla-type-strike-force wedding on the fly somewhere in the park, if we wanted it, but it sounded too stressful to us (at our advanced ages). LOLOL!!

We were married in front of the fire at Catal in Downtown Disney on Jan 31 of this year with 80 of our dearest friends and families around us. Then we had the best wedding dinner anyone's ever had, from what I hear tell - everyone loved it. It was amazingly perfect, all in all!

Cheers! P&D
    That is such a wonderful story! Congratulations!

< heartfelt wistful sigh >

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

In Canada any pastor, priest, civil servant or Raking Captain (or higher) can legally marry a couple.

Leave a comment:

• UptownDisney
    replied

Cheers! P&D

Leave a comment:

• MiMo
    replied

Originally posted by disneymagish View Post
    Whoever my wife will be I'm definitely gonna ask her to marry me at disneyland.
    She'll love it! My husband proposed to me at Disneyland

Leave a comment:

• MsKaren
    replied

I'm Lutheran and we call them Pastors!

Leave a comment:

• LittleImagineer
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I don't know the rules when it comes to the Lutheran church so you just might be in luck!

If I'm not mistaken the only christian faiths that call their clergy priests are Roman Catholicism, Episcopalianism, and Greek Orthodox. I think most of the others are called either ministers or pastors.
    Yeah, I think your right. I've grown up in church and I don't even know! That's sad.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Umm actually, idk what I mean. I'm not Catholic, but I am Lutheran. I'm just a child and don't officially know the title of the person who marries you. Hehe.
    I don't know the rules when it comes to the Lutheran church so you just might be in luck!

If I'm not mistaken the only christian faiths that call their clergy priests are Roman Catholicism, Episcopalianism, and Greek Orthodox. I think most of the others are called either ministers or pastors.

Leave a comment:

• LittleImagineer
    replied

If by priest you mean Catholic priest, I'm sorry but you won't be able to be married in Disneyland. They generally will not marry someone unless it is in a church or other holy place. They might give a blessing but they will not officiate a wedding outside of a church.
    Umm actually, idk what I mean. I'm not Catholic, but I am Lutheran. I'm just a child and don't officially know the title of the person who marries you. Hehe.

Leave a comment:

• MissChristine
    replied

I thought blood tests stopped being mandatory a long time ago. I know when I got marries in 1995 blood tests were not required then.

Anyway I wonder what Disney would have to do be a legal entity to issue marriage licenses.

What could work is if they require you to obtain your marriage license first. In Orange County this would be at the Old Orange County Courthouse in Santa Ana, which itself is a beautiful 100+ year old building. And then they could do a quick ceremony inside Disneyland somewhere. But basically this ia what they already do so I wouldn't expect it to be cheap.
    Consider my foot stuck in my mouth. Don't know why I had it in my head that they were still required.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Aww. A wedding chapel would be kinda cool. Ima get married in Disneyland one day, but since I don't want to pay thousands I will enter the park wearing a sundress or something like that and a few family members will be with me. I'll also bring my own priest and everything into the park and then we'll get married very quickly near the castle. It'll work, I promise! The trick is- get it done quickly ad quietly and all is well(:
    If by priest you mean Catholic priest, I'm sorry but you won't be able to be married in Disneyland. They generally will not marry someone unless it is in a church or other holy place. They might give a blessing but they will not officiate a wedding outside of a church.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X