This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] MAJOR Crowd Prediction for Sunday, January 3rd, 2010

I am starting to work on my weekly article, and figured out this formula...

Currently 3 out of the 4 AP's are blocked out through Saturday....

On Sunday, the 3rd, the Deluxe and "regular" SoCal's will be allowed into the park.

Sunday is the LAST Day of Fantasmic! until at least late May.

Plus add the last day of the Christmas stuff....

I think I would treat the day just like July 4th. Get there early, and be prepared to not exit the park in the afternoon/evening, as you might not get back in for Fantasmic!/Fireworks, etc.

And don't forget, the week of the 4th should be much busier than an normal off-season weekend, as many schools, including the largest school district in the area, LA Unified, don't go back to school until January 11th. Plus add in the large amount of fans coming to watch the BCS Championship game at the Rose Bowl on January 7th, and you will more than likely hear the announcement on the speakers in the parks... "Disneyland will remain open an extra hour (or maybe 2 hours) for your enjoyment". For some reason, Disney decided to cut back to the shortest operating hours this week.

IMHO, a DUMB move, and hopefully they have planned for some extra staffing above the normal level for a slow weekday. That's my prediction, and we will find out next week. (Also note, a lot of stuff will be closed starting Monday the 4th, so more crowded walkways, and less capacity for everyone!)
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: MAJOR Crowd Prediction for Sunday, January 3rd, 2010

Thank You Darkbeer, for your posts about the large crowds at the parks. More and more, I find myself relying on your insight - and you're usually spot on!

Memo to Self: Check Darkbeer's latest post's before heading to Disneyland!
    Last edited by Rob33; 12-30-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Yikes. Almost all of the passes will be unblocked, last day of the holiday decorations, and last day of Fantasmic = The perfect storm. Maybe they'll set some kind of record. inch:

Comment

Just when I thought it could not get any more crowded.

Comment

The only reason I would want to go on the third would to watch HISTA one last time.
          "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
            Yikes. Almost all of the passes will be unblocked, last day of the holiday decorations, and last day of Fantasmic = The perfect storm. Maybe they'll set some kind of record. inch:
            oooooh....i totally forgot about that...wow good luck everyone going on sunday
            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Going to renew the AP, see TSJ one last time, and say hello to the folks at the meet. Then I'm headin' home.

Comment

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                Going to renew the AP, see TSJ one last time, and say hello to the folks at the meet. Then I'm headin' home.
                FYI, if your AP is still valid on Sunday, CM Husband posted that DCA will have a AP Processing Center at DCA that day, and should remain open until they can get the new AP Processing Center open in the Main Entrance Plaza next to the Kennel Club.

It is located at Stage 12 (former Hollywood and Dine, near Monsters, Inc.). But I bet its wait line will be a LOT less than the Plaza Pavillion. (Of course, you can also renew at the Ticket Booths or Guest Services near the Picnic Area, they all have AP Printers now, and your photo is on file).

But don't forget the expected VERY large crowds, and get to Disneyland and get a hand stamp to prove you were in the park in the morning.

I haven't decided about Sunday yet, I know I will be at the park on Saturday night (last Fantasmic! for me) and Monday to see the start of the draining of the Rivers.....

If we show up on Sunday, it will be just for the meet, and to see how crazy the parks are!
                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Argh. Thanks for reminding us, Darkbeer! I think Sunday is definitely on my 'no way' list.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
                    The only reason I would want to go on the third would to watch HISTA one last time.
                    :lol:

Good one!

Comment

I'll be out there. Mostly just to see the Elvis presley tribute band with Scott Bruce. Love his 10pm show! ugggh but I am not looking forward to the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMousePal View Post

me too.

Comment

Thank you for this information. We will be sure to get there before Sunday.

Comment

YIKES!!!! I was planning to go there on Sunday after dropping my sister off at her dorm. Guess I will not be going there this Sunday.

There still another time for me to go. Oh well.
                            Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-31-2009, 01:37 AM.
                            My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                            http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

I think they're missing out big time on the ALA and TEX crowds coming in for their short three-day stays.
                              If they were to delay those "off-season" closings for another week, they'd get a lot more words-of-mouth in those parts of the country.

Comment

Yikes, I knew it was going to be crowded...but I gotta see F! one last time!

Comment

Daughter and I are planning to go on Sunday early. Want to see for the last time Tiana, the Billy show in it's current format (even if it is the Holiday version which I find hilarious), the Haunted Mansion layover for this season, maybe HISTA, and Scott Bruce. We will leave before Fantasmic and the Fireworks because after those are over it will be a nightmare getting away.

Regarding the following week, I didn't know about the schools still being out. But there is going to be little offered in the Park - no parade/Celebrate, no river, no Horseshoe, no fireworks. It will be a good time to just go on rides I guess.
                                  sigpic

Comment

- End of HISTA
                                    - End of Disney's Electrical Parade until summer
                                    - End of Christmas Fantasy until winter
                                    - End of Fantasmic until summer
                                    - End of Haunted Mansion Holiday until winter
                                    - End of Tiana's Showboat Jubilee
                                    - End of Small World Holiday until winter
                                    - End of Believe... In Holiday Magic until winter
                                    - End of Corn Dog wagon until summer
                                    - End of Tomorrowland Terrace until summer (Including Jedi Training Academy)

Looks like one ugly day!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                                      - End of HISTA
                                      - End of Disney's Electrical Parade until summer
                                      - End of Christmas Fantasy until winter
                                      - End of Fantasmic until summer
                                      - End of Haunted Mansion Holiday until winter
                                      - End of Tiana's Showboat Jubilee
                                      - End of Small World Holiday until winter
                                      - End of Believe... In Holiday Magic until winter
                                      - End of Corn Dog wagon until summer
                                      - End of Tomorrowland Terrace until summer (Including Jedi Training Academy)

Looks like one ugly day!
                                      Beginning of mass chaos

This is one of those times when you just wonder who thought it would be a good thing to run reduced hours and massive closures when the largest local school district is out, last day for Christmas decor, and extra people are here for the Rose Parade and BCS game... yeah that wasn't the bright crayon I take it...
                                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Oh my gosh, I'm going on Sunday and i'm so worried :o
                                        I really hope it won't be AS busy as it seems. But, it probably will be.
                                        I'm still going to go and give it a shot, I really need to see Fantasmic!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X