X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prices!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
    Costco churros are terrible though.
    And are made by the same company who supplies Disneyland's churros. Same dough, different mold, though.

Comment

What I think is a HUGE ripoff ever is the Corn on the Cob selling at both Disneyland and DCA. that thing costs 4.50.

4.50 for one corn is outrageous :ceek::ceek:
      My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
      http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

I agree, corn at $4.50 is way crazier.

Comment

That's quite a rip off, but how else is Disney going to make money if they don't raise the prices? But i'll tell you something... if you've got the $3.50, it's definately worth it! Those churros are delicious! Though i've only had one out of the two times i've been there. I wish I could have one right now.
          sigpic

Comment

You're very sparing with your exclamation marks. Elaine(Seinfeld) would get along well with you.

Anyways, I had thought it was already up to four dollars a long time ago, but I guess not. It doesn't seem like such a bad price for Disneyland, and the churros are really good there.

Comment

Churros don't belong in Disneyland. Except maybe in Frontierland. Too ethnic.

I'm proud to say I've NEVER had one at DL.

Comment

I always have to hustle the CM to get my money's worth.

"Keep rolling it in that brown sugar buddy.. keeeep it rolling"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

What do you mean "Too ethnic", I guess you never ate at the Frito Lay place either because it was 'too ethnic' or Pizza Port 'too Italian ethnic'.

I always find it funny when people who have NEVER even had something and probably NEVER will just have to put in their .02.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                    What do you mean "Too ethnic", I guess you never ate at the Frito Lay place either because it was 'too ethnic' or Pizza Port 'too Italian ethnic'.
                    Too ethnic. It's pretty clear. I would also have a problem if there were burrito stand on Main Street. Russian food in Frontierland would be wrong as well. Or Greek food in Fantasyland. They should restrict churros to the Mexican restaurant in Frontierland. My opinion. Of which I assume I am still entitled?

I always find it funny when people who have NEVER even had something and probably NEVER will just have to put in their .02.
                    I find it funny when people assume I've never had a churro.

Comment

That's not too bad of an increase. I'll still be getting them everytime :P
                      But seeing as ticket prices and other items are slowly increasing, it seems like in this economy, Disney is the only one raising their prices. It's already expensive enough!

Comment

Too ethnic. It's pretty clear. I would also have a problem if there were burrito stand on Main Street. Russian food in Frontierland would be wrong as well. Or Greek food in Fantasyland. They should restrict churros to the Mexican restaurant in Frontierland. My opinion. Of which I assume I am still entitled?

I find it funny when people assume I've never had a churro.
                        It really is hysterical when someone types "I've NEVER had one at DL." and the topic at hand is Churro prices going up at DL.

My opinion is everyone may have an opinion, but if a person has never had something at a certain place for a certain price and that is the topic at hand, then this may not be the topic for that person.
                        sigpic

Comment

Small 16oz beer Now $5.40 At ESPN
                          Start year was $4.00 or $3.50

Toy Story Mania construction:
                          Older photo
                          New Photo

Member of
                          MiceChat WDW Trip
                          Next trip
                          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

This seems like another way of trying to figure out everyone's "breaking" point. It's a fine line of people still thinking they are getting a good bargain or getting screwed. Doubtful that people will kick and scream about a .50 churro price hike but constant nickel and diming guests eventually reach a saturating point.

This does nothing to sway me because I'm not a purchaser of churros, but raise the bottle of soda to $4 which should happen within the next 2 years and I'll get pretty annoyed. Just another brick proving why it pays to come to Disneyland full and leave before you get hungry.

Comment

It really is hysterical when someone types "I've NEVER had one at DL." and the topic at hand is Churro prices going up at DL.
                              If it's so funny to you that you think my post is off topic, why don't you get even more laughs and go after the folks talking about corn prices?

My opinion is everyone may have an opinion, but if a person has never had something at a certain place for a certain price and that is the topic at hand, then this may not be the topic for that person.
                              Sorry if my opinion doesn't meet your criteria of what opinions may be expressed on any particular thread.

Comment

Italian food in Tomorrowland is OK with your "ethnic" rule book?

If it's so funny to you that you think my post is off topic, why don't you get even more laughs and go after the folks talking about corn prices?
                                The price of corn was On Topic, just for clarification the Title of this thread is Prices!?!?!?!?!?! Although the main concern at this time is the $.50 increase in what you consider 'ethnic' churros.

I agree with Aashee that one solution is to arrive at the park full, bring a full water bottle and leave the park at meal times. Unfortuantely for many out of state visitors this is not as easily doable.

My solution is now if I want a churro at the park and do not want to pay $3.50 I will go to Del Taco and buy my churros either before or after my day at DL.
                                sigpic

Comment

Go to Costco they are $1
                                  Janette

Comment

Originally posted by Leofoenget View Post
                                    Go to Costco they are $1
                                    But don't expect to have any fun rides at Costco unless you like the like the 50 cent rocking car on the outside of the store.

Comment

The same company that makes the costco ones makes the disneyland ones. However, the DL ones taste better because it's a different recipe, though its the same company. A family member works at that company, its really odd because the costco ones are disgusting, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Grandicorney View Post
                                        Stop at Costco before you go to the park and pick one up for a buck.

If you're truly addicted to them then a years worth of stopping at Costco and saving $2.50 per churro could actually pay for your annual pass.
                                        $.50 At Sams Club!!!

Comment

Italian food in Tomorrowland is OK with your "ethnic" rule book?
                                          Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 12-31-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X