• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phi1215
    replied
    Re: Prices!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Originally posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    As far as my opinion goes, I do think prices are a problem and will likely get worse, however if you really want the item that bad, you will buy it....

Italians Rule!!!!

I agree!!

Leave a comment:

• SILVERMOUSE21
    replied

As far as my opinion goes, I do think prices are a problem and will likely get worse, however if you really want the item that bad, you will buy it....

Italians Rule!!!!

Leave a comment:

• phi1215
    replied

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
    There are no rides outside Cosco, true.. But then again I dont pay a hundreds of dollers to get into Costco.

You end up paying hundreds of dollars to get out of Costco!

And as far as the $200 Ariel's Grotto dinner, try dinner for 4, two of them kids, yeah, I almost had an embolism!

Leave a comment:

• Jazziered
    replied

I have had a Disneyland Churro, and they were "meh", at best... I thought mine was stale... So I felt like three dollars was a way to much... I have found things I like at Disneyland that I felt were worth the price.. (Turkey leg, Dole Whip...) And other things, not so much... (That Bengal place, Churros, corn dog from the Red Wagon...) It is all a matter of wanting it enough to pay the price....

Leave a comment:

• ImpossibleIsNothin
    replied

Everything costs too much at Disneyland. Thus why I take snacks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

^ I like cheese

Leave a comment:

• Goover
    replied

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
    ewe! what does a churro taste like after its been in your backpack with some trail mix and your old sweatshirt for 5 hours?
    It tastes like the foot cheese of Disney tourists .

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    replied

Originally posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Two churros for $1 at Costco
    I forget if it's one or two churros for $1 at El Pollo Loco

Be smart. Bring food.
    ewe! what does a churro taste like after its been in your backpack with some trail mix and your old sweatshirt for 5 hours?

Leave a comment:

• adormouse
    replied

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
    Yeah, let me tell you, we went to dinner at Ariel's Grotto, when the bill came, I was stunned, $198.81!!!
    I wonder for how many people. Generally I've learned with the prices at Disneyland (since I always go on a budget) the only meals I eat inside the park are for lunch since its much cheaper than eating during Dinner prices.

But I had no idea the churros were the same recipe as Costco. I will have to get one at Costco this week and compare, although I have to admit I've never had a better churro than I have had at Disneyland. $3.50 for one is a little extreme but Disney has never been cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Potato Head
    replied

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
    Yeah, let me tell you, we went to dinner at Ariel's Grotto, when the bill came, I was stunned, $198.81!!!
    I'm not even joking, I would literally collapse and die. No meal in the world is worth that much money!!! I would never ever pay that much for 1 meal.

Hopefully you brought a group of 50. Even then thats over priced at $4 a pop!

Leave a comment:

• micahglitters
    replied

you know, i think the prices of food and such, even churros, are almost equivolent at the sf zoo.

i dont think thats a coincidence. rather, disney creates the standard for entertainment and special occassion pricing. so, raised prices at disney are a little red flag for family outing experiences all over. tellingly, surprise or outrage eventually just turn into resignation on the part of the consumer. you get what youll pay for everywhere........yay capitalism!

Leave a comment:

• scorsese
    replied

I still think prices continue to be raised solely because of demand. The crowds at the parks continue to be massive and even if churros were $5 each, lines would still be long just because of the sheer number of people there. If churros were $1 each the lines would be a thousand people long or something. It only makes sense that prices are going to keep going up, and at the very least that may mean you won't have to wait an hour to get one.

Leave a comment:

• PirateMickey
    replied

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
    you know, despite all the moaning and groaning about the quality and price of churros. There is always a friggin line when I want one.

And that is why the prices are what they are.

The masses aren't complaining, only the "internet fans"...

Leave a comment:

• micahglitters
    replied

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Churros don't belong in Disneyland. Except maybe in Frontierland. Too ethnic.

I'm proud to say I've NEVER had one at DL.

i'd hesitate to say anything at disneyland is "ethnic." the pizza, the bratwurst, the gumbo, the churros, and so on, all the whitewashed palate of sarah lee...

Leave a comment:

• Princess Victoria
    replied

Originally posted by disneyboii View Post
    So I was at the resort the 17th and I went up to get my churro fix and... THEY RAISED THE PRICE TO 3.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was out raged! does anyone know if this is permanit? I have a serious churro addicition problem and 3.50 a churro is to much!!
    But it was a darn good churro, wasn't it?

There's nothing like a Disneyland churro with a 20 oz bottle of Coca Cola.

Leave a comment:

• Goover
    replied

There definately is no competition with Disneyland churros.

And if you want to talk ethnic, let me just say that true, ethnic churros taste like :!$#%: if my memory is correct.

My step-father is Mexican and one time he brought back this breakfast basket from an authentic Mexican restaurant.

I saw churros and, having loved the ones at Disneyland for years, took a bite out of one.

Let me just say we should all be greatful and willing to pay up for the great recipe at Disneyland.

But honestly, calling them ethnic is like calling Panda Express ethnic Chinese food. :lol:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Only 1 churro at Costco for the $1 (at least in AZ at the S.E. Gilbert Costco)

and I've never seen a ride outside of Costco.
    There are no rides outside Cosco, true.. But then again I dont pay a hundreds of dollers to get into Costco.

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Two churros for $1 at Costco
    I forget if it's one or two churros for $1 at El Pollo Loco

Be smart. Bring food.
    Only 1 churro at Costco for the $1 (at least in AZ at the S.E. Gilbert Costco)

and I've never seen a ride outside of Costco.

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
    Costco churros are terrible though.
    they aren't bad
    But Disneyland's are def much much better
    But for $1, Costco is good.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyRicky
    replied

I know $3.50 is a lot for one Churro. How did it taste? I think Disneyland has the BEST Churro's!:thumbup:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X