Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If rain is reported a day or two before your trip - are crowds affected?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] If rain is reported a day or two before your trip - are crowds affected?

There are plenty of questions/statements/etc. here that say rains = less crowds but what if rain is forecast on the friday or saturday before a sunday trip for instance? Will less people plan on going on that sunday or will more show up because those that didn't go on friday/saturday will go on sunday?
    Last edited by woodwanderer; 12-30-2009, 11:50 PM.

Re: If rain is reported a day or two before your trip - are crowds affected?

I have been to Disneyland in the rain a few times on multi day trips. I did notice the rain = less crowds but once the rain stopped the crowds returned . . .sometimes even on the same day (if it stopped early in the afternoon).
    -Trader Aaron

Comment

I was at DCA only today and it was a light rain. 30 minutes for Monster's Inc. at 1:45p. Muppet Vision 3-D had about 85% of the theater full around 2:30.

We went home early because our shoes were soaked and PPP/EP were most likely going to be cancelled.

Comment

Maybe I didn't phrase the question right but I'm more wondering based on past experiences if people think it will rain Friday for instance are they more willing/likely to risk/postpone the trip for one of the days of that weekend or will they come back another week altogether.

Comment

Oh yeah, definitely. Or if it rained the night before, most people think it's going rain during the day the next day so they postpone their visits for when it's not raining. Today was an exception though :\
          Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 12-31-2009, 12:08 AM. Reason: I cannot proofread today.

Comment

I just want to let everyone know that it's going to rain at Disneyland on January 12, so you might as well all stay home.

Comment

In my experience, most guests won't be deterred by weather forecasts. However, if it's rainy or gloomy in the morning, most people are more likely to leave mid-afternoon, and the parks thus become empty.

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
              I just want to let everyone know that it's going to rain at Disneyland on January 12, so you might as well all stay home.
              Hahahaha :lol:
              "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

I think it has absolutely no effect at all.

Disneyland is a locals park for the most part. Guests are able to change their minds quite quickly. If rain is forecast and it happens to be sunny you can expect it to be crowded.

Comment

^^
                  yep, pretty much....

Comment

Weather forecaster predicted 30% chance of showers a couple days prior to Dec.30 but the crowds still showed up. Heck! I showed up!
                    It rained all morning and well into the afternoon; drizzled a bit' here and there in the evening. The crowd was huge (as expected) when I arrived at 9AM. But as people realized the rain was not going to let up, people slowly trickled out. Main street at 8pm was pretty much what I would consider "deserted" for Christmas/New Year's time. Overall crowd impression: Comfortably big crowds. But overwhelming if you aren't used to DLR crowds during Christmas time or Summer peak season.

The walkway in Adventureland which is usually a nightmare to navigate was manageable. Thanks to the rain, from 9AM-3PM, lots of people sought shelter in places like Tiki Room or rested in covered restaurant areas which made walkways, like Adventureland's thoroughfare, "visually" less crowded. The rain kept people spread out evenly throughout DL which helped with wait times.

All in all it was a VERY successful trip to DLR considering we arrived around 9AM got out around 9PM. We got in about 15 rides. Met 5 characters waiting around for photo-ops. We could have done more but one of the members of my party was getting tired so we left early.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

If it's raining in the morning before or right at park opening, crowds tend to be small even if the rain stops a couple hours later.

If the rains start after it opens, more people decide to stay there since they are already there.

Comment

Weather reports tend to be wrong more often than right, so the reports have little effect except for those mother of all storms stories the tv news stories. Now actually rain is another matter, most people except from residences of the Pacific Northwest do there best to avoid rain, on the other hand, people from Seattle come to the park in shorts as the weather is so balmy compared to back home.
                        From my personal observations from working there 13 years, a heavy rain early in the operating day will kill the crowds for the day, and a later rain not so much. After forking out all that money, it is off to get a over priced Mickey poncho and make the best out of the day.

Comment

It can. It's not a reliable factor of course, but it's not impossible.

One time I went on a weekend when it was raining and lines were shorter than usual, with some barely having a line. Heck, Pirates had no line! Strangely enough, it also happened to be the weekend Small World opened after it's long 2008 refurb. Ended up riding it twice; first time a two minute wait, second time no line!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X