This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Maynard Sighting!

So it's been a few days since I saw him... But I was at Disneyland on Christmas Day and I was lucky enough to have a Maynard sighting! He was working at the Tiki Room and he was "Tiki Maynard" and he gave his whole intro speech in a tiki voice, it was awesome!

Does he have a blog or anything, or are there any sites online that track where he is and whatnot? I know there is a page for him, but it seems to be general and created years ago, I'm thinking something that's regularly updates every week or so...

He also appeared to have dyed his hair!
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

Re: Maynard Sighting!

He only shows up in 3 places nowadays anyway. It's rather easy to find him.

Comment

I can't wait until I get to spot him!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

What 3 locations does he show up now? My mom says that she thinks she remembers seeing him in the tiki room a few years ago, but I don't remember ever even seeing him in the parks before.

Comment

Last time I was in the TikiRoom, Maynard made our group were napkins over our heads because the bird above us just ate ripe peaches. Maynard is a true Disneyland Treasure.

Comment

He has about three websites. None of them have anything Disneyland on them though, but still funny.

One of them is maynardland.com
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

The only place I've seen him is in the Opera House back when "The First 50 Magical Years" was still playing. I wonder if he'll move back there now that the Opera House is open again.
              MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
              (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

I went on December 22nd in the early evening and he was on Main Street.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by caesarboxfan View Post
                  The only place I've seen him is in the Opera House back when "The First 50 Magical Years" was still playing. I wonder if he'll move back there now that the Opera House is open again.
                  The CMs at the opera house are low-key and quiet. I don't see that as being an ideal place for Maynard. I've seen him there, TikiRoom is more his speed.

Comment

I've seen him two or three times in the last few months inside the Tiki Room also. I just adore him!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      The CMs at the opera house are low-key and quiet. I don't see that as being an ideal place for Maynard. I've seen him there, TikiRoom is more his speed.
                      Yeah. I was surprised how calm he was acting after seeing all those crazy videos of him on YouTube.
                      MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                      (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

The title almost sounds like a TR on Whale Watching or something... That or a good title for a Disneyland version of "Where's Waldo"
                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Does Maynard ever act as Skipper on Jungle Cruise?
                          I would love to see him preform the show.
                          He is really wonderful at the Tiki Room the times my family and I have seen it, it really made our trip extra special!

Comment

It is a game its called Wheres Maynard.
                            Send in your photos of a hidden maynard and lets see if we can spot the man!
                            I am Scary Scott,
                            Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                            I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                            Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                            Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                            Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                            Originally posted by Karalora
                            This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                            Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                            Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Scott View Post
                              It is a game its called Wheres Maynard.
                              Send in your photos of a hidden maynard and lets see if we can spot the man!
                              As much fun as this would be I think trying to spot Ed was far more challenging.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Whomever closes this thread will be awarded the Golden Leaf of Bravery.

Comment

I thought someone saw the singer of Tool...

Comment

Originally posted by caesarboxfan View Post
                                    Yup, saw him there yesterday.
                                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Wow, I feel left out. I don't know who Maynard is! Does anyone have a picture to post?
                                      sigpic
                                      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

If you haven't experienced Maynard while assigned to the HM, you haven't seen Maynard!!! :lol:

He was awesome in that CM position!!! :bow:

We've enjoyed his "show" at various locations in the Park. Most recently, we have seen and talked with him at the Tiki Room and on Main St. where he was telling guests where to go.

I don't recall how many pics and autographs the kids have with him over the years, but I know there are a lot of them!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X