Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

    Can anyone give reports of the crowds today? The parking and the crowds at Disneyland and DCA? Thanks Robert
    )Robert

  • #2
    Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

    My forecast calls for a 90% chance of "crowded beyond belief" with a slight 10% chance of "holy crap there are too many people" and later in the evening an increase to "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE DID ALL THESE PEOPLE COME FROM???"...

    now on to Sports...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

    sigpic

    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

      i was there earlier, fastpasses are going QUICK. the line just to get an indy fastpass was at the exit of the tiki room. i would avoid walking through adventureland if you plan just to walk through, it's a mess. i saw indy at 85 minutes around 10am, space was an hour at 8:30am, and there are crowds everywhere. happy new year! : D

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

        Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
        i was there earlier, fastpasses are going QUICK. the line just to get an indy fastpass was at the exit of the tiki room. i would avoid walking through adventureland if you plan just to walk through, it's a mess. i saw indy at 85 minutes around 10am, space was an hour at 8:30am, and there are crowds everywhere. happy new year! : D
        So in other words without this

        Don't try to walk through there...

        disclaimer- this is a joke... I do not endorse or encourage anyone to try and sneak a cattle prod through bag check and into the park nor do I believe in shocking individuals who can't follow the simple concept of staying to their right and following the herd.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

        sigpic

        "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

          Heck, check out this story...

          New Years Eve crowds prompt Disney to give free passes - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

          Basically Disney is bribing folks to NOT attend Disneyland, but PLEASE go to DCA instead to celebrate New Years Eve... And if you do, we will let you go check out the Disneyland with a lot of things closed in January for "free".
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

            Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
            Heck, check out this story...

            New Years Eve crowds prompt Disney to give free passes - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

            Basically Disney is bribing folks to NOT attend Disneyland, but PLEASE go to DCA instead to celebrate New Years Eve... And if you do, we will let you go check out the Disneyland with a lot of things closed in January for "free".
            I like this part...

            Paradise Pier. Three radio stations, which have given away park tickets, are holding dance parties and promotions throughout the park.
            ... They are desperately trying to get people to go to the "other" park. I'm curious if this mentality will prevail or if it will change when the Billion Dollar Character Makeover is complete.
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

            sigpic

            "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

              report: there are cars in the parking garage and there are people in both disneyland and DCA
              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
              Originally posted by penguinsoda

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                I bet the over all area is going be a mess!....
                People be SAFE! ...do not forget crazy be out there too!
                And Police check points be up all over also....
                You do not want to start the New Year out wrong!
                " HAPPY NEWYEAR "2010" MICE CHATTERS..!
                Last edited by Eagleman; 12-31-2009, 02:19 PM.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                  For all those "full moon makes people crazy" enthusiasts...

                  Tonight is what is called a "Blue Moon". It is a 2nd full moon in the same month which only happens every 2.5 years. The last time this happened on New Year's Eve was in 1990. It also happens to be a lunar eclipse, which hasn't happened at all on New Year's Eve in the 20th century and no one knows the last time it happened on a Blue Moon...

                  Personally I don't buy into the whole Full Moon making people nuts "theory" but tonight will be interesting from an astronomical perspective.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                  sigpic

                  "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                    Originally posted by techskip View Post
                    So in other words without this

                    Don't try to walk through there...

                    disclaimer- this is a joke... I do not endorse or encourage anyone to try and sneak a cattle prod through bag check and into the park nor do I believe in shocking individuals who can't follow the simple concept of staying to their right and following the herd.
                    Can that be use all year ?

                    The NEW FASS PASS!
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                      Originally posted by techskip View Post
                      So in other words without this

                      Don't try to walk through there...

                      disclaimer- this is a joke... I do not endorse or encourage anyone to try and sneak a cattle prod through bag check and into the park nor do I believe in shocking individuals who can't follow the simple concept of staying to their right and following the herd.

                      haha, yes! it would be hillarious to see people falling left and right from shock. hahaha, j/k.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                        Originally posted by techskip View Post
                        So in other words without this

                        Don't try to walk through there...

                        disclaimer- this is a joke... I do not endorse or encourage anyone to try and sneak a cattle prod through bag check and into the park nor do I believe in shocking individuals who can't follow the simple concept of staying to their right and following the herd.









                        I like the disclaimer! )

                        That certainly would be easy to get past the baggage checkpoints! No "sneaking" required.

                        No knitting needles, but cattle prods, sure, no problem!!! :lol:

                        Oh no!, Here we go again!!!

                        :lmao:

                        Oh and BTW, you couldn't PAY me enough to go to the Park today. We like to enjoy ourselves while we're there...

                        Happy New Year!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                          "Level 1" restrictions as of 4:50pm, no new single day ticket sales and no discounted AP block out ticket sales- but if you already have tickets or an unblocked (meaning Premium) AP you can get in. Of course that can change any min.

                          Dunno how parking is, I'm sure all Disney lots are full and you'll be down Harbor in overflow. But I know DtD is starting the $20 parking so maybe they've saved some spots if you're will to pay.
                          -Wes

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                            hey let's think about it:

                            a family of 4 is spending one day in disneyland only. 2 adults, 2 kids. and as of right now, they're sitting on a blanket in front of the castle waiting for the fireworks at 9:25 and at midnight. so paying $144 for two adults and $124 for the kids to sit on a blanket in the street for 4 1/2 - 7 hours!
                            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                            Originally posted by penguinsoda

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                              ^^^^^^^

                              Yeah, after spending all that money and all that time waiting, sure as heck some rude guests will wait until the last minute and squeeze their way in front of them and block their view!!!

                              Happens all the time... :rant:

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                                TSMM is at 10 mins...WHAT?!
                                Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                                www.twitter.com/BCC4321



                                Ask me Anything.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                                  Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                  My forecast calls for a 90% chance of "crowded beyond belief" with a slight 10% chance of "holy crap there are too many people" and later in the evening an increase to "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE DID ALL THESE PEOPLE COME FROM???"...

                                  now on to Sports...

                                  :lmao:

                                  You forgot the "Occasional stampedes from the North/North East moving at 7 MPH becoming calm after 1 AM."

                                  Beautiful full blue moon out there tonight. A perfect night to try to set new records on how many people will fit in the hub.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                                    Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                                    hey let's think about it:

                                    a family of 4 is spending one day in disneyland only. 2 adults, 2 kids. and as of right now, they're sitting on a blanket in front of the castle waiting for the fireworks at 9:25 and at midnight. so paying $144 for two adults and $124 for the kids to sit on a blanket in the street for 4 1/2 - 7 hours!
                                    Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                                    ^^^^^^^

                                    Yeah, after spending all that money and all that time waiting, sure as heck some rude guests will wait until the last minute and squeeze their way in front of them and block their view!!!

                                    Happens all the time... :rant:
                                    And not only that but for the past 2 years, the fireworks have been called off because of the fog being way too thick that you can't see anything in the sky. No word as of yet if the fireworks will be shot off tonight because it may be clear now but wait until tonight. I'm not there but am thinking about checking it out next year.
                                    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                                      Originally posted by BCC View Post
                                      TSMM is at 10 mins...WHAT?!
                                      Not a shock, also don't expect long lines at Disneyland.

                                      Folks are going to the parks to be in crowds, watch Fireworks, Fantasmic! Dance at DCA, drink in the Cove Bar (which will probably have the longest wait queue this evening, it has been over 1 hour in past years.)

                                      Similar things have happened when DCA hosted the ABC Primetime Preview weekends. Folks went to see the stars and participate in the special shows. So, especially for AP holders, you can ride stuff on another visit.

                                      Tonight is for Hats, Horns and counting from 10 down to 1, and saying HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: NYE 12/31 Crowd and Parking Reports Please?

                                        Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                                        ^^^^^^^

                                        Yeah, after spending all that money and all that time waiting, sure as heck some rude guests will wait until the last minute and squeeze their way in front of them and block their view!!!

                                        Happens all the time... :rant:
                                        Yep! That's what happened to us on Christmas Day. Normally I don't camp out for anything but since we had family in town we did it for them. Needless to say, when a tall man (and his four friends) stood in front of our small children in the middle of the fireworks, we made it known that he needed to move on his merry way.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X