This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Splash Mountain

That poor girl! you don't put a first time who is scared in the front seat!

Glad you made it through! I always freak out that I'll get stuck on the way up the drop. Twice... I might have made a run for it too
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Last time I rode it in the fall, the water level was really high and we got soaked beyond belief. I dont mind getting "splashed" when you come down a hill, but when a wave just hops in the log right in your lap and you are SOAKED so bad you are ringing out and clothes are wet for over a day, its a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
        I tell you, the anticipation of the pending drop is by far worse then the actual drop itself!
        That's why the only part of the ride you can see from the exterior is the drop. They start building that anticipation before you even get to the queue. It's the same with roller coasters. More often than not, the worst part is the slow, arduous trip up the first hill. It gives you time to reflect on the kind of life you lead till this point and possibly let the powers that be know that in the event that they save you from this, you will never do anything that stupid again

Splash is my wife's favorite ride, and near the top of my list. The getting wet part has never bothered us. It's just part of the game when you're on a flume ride. For as much control as they try to have, they don't have a whole lot over that. It depends on the weight in the log, the weight distribution within the log, the amount of water in the splash down area (which depends on the weight of previous logs to go through there, time between logs, base amount of water present), angle at which the log enters the splash down area, speed, etc. Sometimes you got soaked, sometimes you come off totally dry.

I'm really glad you took the plunge, so to speak, and gave Splash Mountain a try. Bad timing with them stopping it like that on the hill. I can't believe people actually jumped out like that. Almost a guarantee that this was the cause of the 2nd stop on the hill. Thanks for sharing your story Hopefully some day in the future you'll get the Splash Mountain itch again and it will be much easier to ride knowing what it is like. If not... hey, you've ridden Splash Mountain, and that is not small feat when it's something that scared you. Congrats!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

:yea:You folks are awesome!
          Yaye!

Comment

I'm glad you braved the ride! For me, I've always been a thrill seeker even as a young kid, so sometimes I forget how scary rides really are! The ride is really thrilling and I'm sorry you got stuck. I got stuck one time for nearly ten minutes at the very top of the ramp leading to the final drop. It wasn't so much as scary as it was annoying since I was stuck listening to the soundtrack on loop. I thought I was going to die after hearing "I think I'm gonna have ta skin ya!" a million times. lol. Being your first time, I can see your nervousness but I am genuinely glad you stuck to it and didn't get out. Good job and I'm glad you had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
              Wow that girl looks terrified! :lol:
              Actually, I don't think she looks terrifies at all, she looks like she's having a good time!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessIzzie View Post
                Haha that poor girl!! Congrats on braving the ride though
                I've still never had the chance to do it, although there is a ride just like it in Australia but the drop is slightly longer!!!
                It took me 4 years to get my Mum on it and we "accidently" forgot to warn her about the 20ft backwards rollercoaster-styled drop just before the incline up the mountain for the main drop
                She still hasn't forgiven me!!!
                I've ridden Splash a lot
                I've never seen a 20ft backwards roller coaster style drop on that ride
                Quote by Al:
                To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                  I've ridden Splash a lot
                  I've never seen a 20ft backwards roller coaster style drop on that ride

I think the person was referring to the Splash Mountain style ride in Australia.
                  Yaye!

Comment

I was starting to panick and was thinking, is there any way to jump off this thing? Two logs in front of us, some did! They jumped up and bailed off the side! Seeing that I really wanted to join him!
                    curious about the bolded part.
                    How do people bail off the side?
                    Did they ask the CM to stop it and that's how they got out?
                    I've never seen anyone get out in this area (the climb to the big drop)
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                      I told you that it was going to be worth it.
                      Trevor, you rock!

To sum it up, I laughed, I cried, I didn't pee my pants, mission accomplished! :lol:
                      Yaye!

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                        curious about the bolded part.
                        How do people bail off the side?
                        Did they ask the CM to stop it and that's how they got out?
                        I've never seen anyone get out in this area (the climb to the big drop)

I wondered this too! I mean, did they just say "screw it" and get on the cat walk back to the Laughing Place?

It'd be awesome if they did though- hehe

one hundred and one

Comment

Just before going up the final incline, this guy stood up and jumped off the log to the right side. A door opened and I am guessing it was a CM, came out and took him through that way, no idea what happened after that.
                          Yaye!

Comment

Just before going up the final incline, this guy stood up and jumped off the log to the right side. A door opened and I am guessing it was a CM, came out and took him through that way, no idea what happened after that.

That's so odd!

I wonder if it was a VIP or something, but still... isn't that very dangerous?

one hundred and one

Comment

Yeah I don't know, like I stated though, I totally wanted to join him, lol!!

As much as I sure would like to have bolted off my log, I can't believe he did it while the ride was in motion, not too safe there!
                              Yaye!

Comment

WOW!
                                Don't forget the rules on Micechat! We need to work together to make sure this is the happiest place in cyberspace!

Starting Summer 2019: All photos available on my Instagram account

Comment

Wow.
                                  Interesting.
                                  I know there (or use to be) is a CM that sits right there just before the climb.
                                  Quote by Al:
                                  -Al Lutz

Comment

Trevor, you rock!

To sum it up, I laughed, I cried, I didn't pee my pants, mission accomplished! :lol:
                                    You dont have too, Disney will pump the water for you.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X