This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Best Theme For A Flume Ride @ DLR

What movie based theme or original non-movie based theme do you think would lend itself to a great flume ride?

Tall Tail Creek is the name I have concocted for an original ride idea that would feature a flume ride adventure featuring famous characters of folklore, including Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, Calamity Jane, John Henry, and Jack and the Cornstalk. Other possibilities would be the long rumored Geyser Mountain and the Western River Expedition (that would require some re-envisioning).

A number of movie based flume ride themes come to mind as well... Up, Princess and the Frog, Prince of Persia, Fantasia, or a ride based on George of the Jungle that I'd like to see called "Watch Out For That Tree".

Please let me know if you like any of these themes, or if you have some other idea for a movie or non-movie based flume ride. A poll will soon be up.
    Geyser Mountain (an old rumor envolving rafts, flumes, terrain, caves, and a TOT-like geyser)
    16.47%
    Western River Expedition (re-invisioned wild west cowboys and indians theme)
    28.24%
    Tall Tail Creek (an original adventure featuring famous folklore heroes)
    8.24%
    Other "original" non-movie/non-tv based flume ride
    17.65%
    Up
    5.88%
    Princess and the Frog
    10.59%
    Prince of Persia
    0.00%
    Fantasia
    5.88%
    Watch Out For That Tree! (based on George Of The Jungle)
    2.35%
    Other movie or tv based flume ride
    4.71%
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Best Theme For A Flume Ride @ DLR

Song of the South

Comment

I'd love to see something more original than movie based attractions, like your Tall Tail Creek, Western River Expedition, or Geyser Mountain. I think the next best one would be UP or Princess and the Frog. The UP setting would be a bit hard to incorporate a boat vehicle into, but I think the drop part should be dropping down paradise falls. =) I'd love to see animatronics of the characters in the parks someday, like Kevin and Dug. =D Princess and the Frog would probably be better for a boat ride, but the drop would need a sort of basic story so it doesn't seem too random and out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
        Song of the South
        I like this idea.

Disneyland has enough flume rides as is.

Comment

^

I was just about to say "Song of the South" when I saw that post .

I did once have an idea for a whitewater canoe ride based on "Just Around the River Bend" from Pocohontas, of course incorporating a few other scenes from the movie. But yes, I think the DLR is covered for water rides with Splash and GRR. Maybe if they do the third gate, it could have one, though.
          "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
          Disney sequel):
          Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
          Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
          Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
          Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
          Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Up and WRE.

one hundred and one

Comment

Yeah, I think if they did a water ride, they should take out GRR and put the new attraction in its place. A pocahontas one sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                Song of the South
                Sounds like Mr. Bluebird was on your shoulder singing zip-a-dee-doo-dah! )

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                I like this idea.

Disneyland has enough flume rides as is.
                Only two flume rides in the traditional sense.. Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Rapids.. and Splash is the only one with exceptional theming. Another notion to consider is that there are no flume coaster hybrid rides at the resort. Would love to see that happen!

Comment

2 water rides where you get wet is too much more me. Remember, Disneyland is open year round.

Comment

Originally posted by animagusurreal View Post
                    ^

I was just about to say "Song of the South" when I saw that post .

I did once have an idea for a whitewater canoe ride based on "Just Around the River Bend" from Pocohontas, of course incorporating a few other scenes from the movie. But yes, I think the DLR is covered for water rides with Splash and GRR. Maybe if they do the third gate, it could have one, though.
                    Actually, a flume ride is rumored for Paradise Pier.. for either Phase 2 or 3 of DCA. Love your "Just Around The River Bend" Pocahontas themed notion. This would make sense too.. as there has already been a Pocahontas show at DCA. the movie is wonderful!

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                    Yeah, I think if they did a water ride, they should take out GRR and put the new attraction in its place. A pocahontas one sounds like a great idea!
                    Another exceptional idea. Rumor has it that Disney has already been reconsidering a new Brother Bear theme for GRR.. but Pokahontus is a much more vibrant Disney story all the way around. Love the music score as well.

Comment

My choices are Fantasia, Pocahontas, and Bambi.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                        This would make sense too.. as there has already been a Pocahontas show at DCA. the movie is wonderful!
                        DCA never had a Pocahontas show.

Comment

Comment

I'd love to see something more original than movie based attractions, like your Tall Tail Creek, Western River Expedition, or Geyser Mountain. I think the next best one would be UP or Princess and the Frog. The UP setting would be a bit hard to incorporate a boat vehicle into, but I think the drop part should be dropping down paradise falls. =) I'd love to see animatronics of the characters in the parks someday, like Kevin and Dug. =D Princess and the Frog would probably be better for a boat ride, but the drop would need a sort of basic story so it doesn't seem too random and out of place.
                            Thanks for your complements on Tall Tail Creek. Ideas for a rumored flume ride has been in circulation for Frontierland for a long time (two possibilities being Gyser Mountain and WRE. I figure why not do something different and install a flume/coaster hybrid. A folklore ride just might be a good candidate for that.

Comment

2 water rides where you get wet is too much more me. Remember, Disneyland is open year round.
                              It's always seemed warm enough in Anaheim any time of the year that I go. Of course, I always remember to bring ponchos that cover my entire body in the winter time.

DCA never had a Pocahontas show.
                              There was a little hidden nugget of a show tucked away along the Redwood Challege Trail. Unfortunately, it's no longer there.

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                              :lmao: OMG! That's one backbreaking looking whitewater ride! Those falls look about as steep and turbulent as Niagra. Bet the air is fresh up there, though.

Comment

If I remember the movie correctly (it has been a while), Song of the South didn't really strike me as a flume type ride. If you had asked me in 1980 if Song of the South could be a flume ride, I'd probably say a flat out no. I don't even remember any river in the movie. So, it might just go to show what WDI can dish out from a movie that doesn't exactly fit the "water adventure flume ride" theme.

one hundred and one

Comment

Hmm... interesting. I've never seen Song of the South, I can't find it to buy. Has the DVD gone into the vault?

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                                    Up and WRE.
                                    Always good to see you, Imagineer Scott. You are like me in the sense that you're open minded toward good ride concepts whether they be movie based or stand out originals. Up is such a scenicly beautiful film.. and it does include falls and a river. WRE just sounds like a raukus wild ride.

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
                                    My choices are Fantasia, Pocahontas, and Bambi.
                                    Bambi hasn't been brought up yet. Good call, Quacky4Donald. The classic film is an awesome story.. and the scenery and scenes breathtaking. The Bambi spin off vid is great, too. Great idea here. There seems to be a number of Pocahontas fans gathering in this thread. Fantasia would just be a total thrill to all the senses.

I think the next best one would be UP or Princess and the Frog. The UP setting would be a bit hard to incorporate a boat vehicle into, but I think the drop part should be dropping down paradise falls. =) I'd love to see animatronics of the characters in the parks someday, like Kevin and Dug. =D Princess and the Frog would probably be better for a boat ride, but the drop would need a sort of basic story so it doesn't seem too random and out of place.
                                    Good points regarding UP, disneyprincess. The UP characters are so vibrant and I agree they or Princess and the Frog animatronics would rock. One movie showcases a swampy wonderland, and the other some fiece looking falls.

Comment

If they have Pocahontas, I hope they have Percy. I'm obsessed with Pugs, and my favorite character is Percy, who gets no mention in merchandise, parks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                                        Always good to see you, Imagineer Scott. You are like me in the sense that you're open minded toward good ride concepts whether they be movie based or stand out originals. Up is such a scenicly beautiful film.. and it does include falls and a river. WRE just sounds like a raukus wild ride.

If I ever get to do it one day, I will create my Up mini-land for all to see. I seriously have it planned from top to bottom- and it is pretty cool (in my head at least)

I find WRE to be one of the most intruiging concepts I've ever come across. The idea of satiring cowboys and indians interests me way more than pirates- especially a watered down clone of Disneylands. Even if it would mean no Splash for the future, I think MK should of gotten every bit of Marc's magnificent plan into the park.

one hundred and one

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X