This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Mist At The Bottom of Splash Mountain

I think having mist at the bottom of Splash Mountain would be a nice touch to the attraction. The Tokyo version currently has the mist.

Here's a picture:
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Re: Mist At The Bottom of Splash Mountain

What really really need from Tokyo Disneyland's Splash Mountain is the element of the front of the logs that controls the splash which can get you soaked or stay totally dry.

Comment

There already is. It doesn't emanate from the drop as much due to several factors, among which are humidity and the fact that the mist effect is concentrated on a view from the ride path itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
        What really really need from Tokyo Disneyland's Splash Mountain is the element of the front of the logs that controls the splash which can get you soaked or stay totally dry.
        Would you care to elaborate on this?

Comment

Yeah..I though there already was mist there? Just not as much.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
          What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
          I be bloggin' Tumblr

Comment

Tokyo's logs feature concaved bottoms and a front curvature that directs water from the front to both the sides and underneath. Japanese culture sees getting splashed as unsanitary, which is why the logs were specifically designed this way.

Anaheim's logs are fourth-generation monstrosities that are too heavy for the original flume design. More work than on the front modulators is needed for the entire runout.

Comment

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
              Would you care to elaborate on this?
              I am not exactly sure how it works, but basically there is a bar in the front log, very hidden, very unnoticeable, but it can change it's angle throughout the day each time it comes to the station. The angle the bar is at basically decides how big the splash is. So as night comes along, and during winter, you stay virtually dry the entire ride.

Comment

mrfantasmic and ICe101, That sounds awesome! That would be great if anaheim got their logs upgraded...

Comment

I am not exactly sure how it works, but basically there is a bar in the front log, very hidden, very unnoticeable, but it can change it's angle throughout the day each time it comes to the station. The angle the bar is at basically decides how big the splash is. So as night comes along, and during winter, you stay virtually dry the entire ride.

wow! now that is magical!

major props to wdi for imgineering some practical genious. now, lets see in in socal, k?
                  "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

Comment

Didn't the logs just get redesigned?

Comment

Now if only that bar was controllable by the log "pilot" and he can decide who gets soaked and by how much (all the riders behind him totally drenched, of course), then you have something!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                        Now if only that bar was controllable by the log "pilot" and he can decide who gets soaked and by how much (all the riders behind him totally drenched, of course), then you have something!
                        Yeah, that would be nice. Last summer I went on the ride, and got so soaked that I had to check my phone and camera to make sure they could still function normally.
                        4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

sigpic

Comment

That's when the zip lock baggie tip someone posted comes in handy!!
                          Yaye!

Comment

When ur going down the last drop if you try to curl up you dont get to wet
                            sigpicWhat?!?! Birth By Sleep is only coming out on the PSP?!?! It's the end of the world!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter45 View Post
                              Yeah, that would be nice. Last summer I went on the ride, and got so soaked that I had to check my phone and camera to make sure they could still function normally.
                              My phone broke on that ride, after a 100+ minute wait!!! And the water was gross smelling!!! Never again will I do that ride...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X