X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Hamburgers of Disneyland

Is this random? Yes, yes it is.

Overall, there seems to be a lot of dislike of the hamburgers of the Disneyland resort. I will agree, they certainly aren't fantastic, but I can't recall ever being personally offended by one in recent history. Do you all think there are actual quality difference locations between serving places (which doesn't make sense to me, as all would have to be shipped to the various locations in patty form, I would think, from a central kitchen)?

People seem to degrade Village Haus quite a bit, singling out their burgers for scorn. On this, I can't judge, as haven't set foot in the restaurant and eaten anything since I was maybe 10. I know Tomorrowland Terrace's burgers are not wonderful, but not horrible...not memorable at all, about the same as Hungry Bear's quality it seems to me.

People (myself included) seem to favor Taste Pilots over in DCA, but I got to thinking, is this due to other factors such as the expanded range of toppings, the better fries, burgers on the menu variety, etc? I cannot imagine the meat patty itself is somehow different than the other spots serving it.

What do you, the public think? Is the quality difference all perception? Is Village Haus truly worse in taste? It seems fairly simple Disney could shell out for a little bit better grade meat, or maybe the issue is with a freezing/storage method, or being preheated and recooked?

Open wide the floodgates of beefy discussion!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: Hamburgers of Disneyland

I think you are on the right track with your Taste Pilots theory! If i could get lettce, tomato, onion, barbeque sauce and mayo on every burger i get in the park, i would eat at more quick service restaurants. Hungry Bear has always been on the top of my list, mostly for the funnel cake dessert! YUM!

The burgers I actually have been getting more and more upset with are the burgers at WhiteWater Snacks at the Grand Californian. They used to be huge! the kids burgers were the size of regular "park" burgers. But now they are the same as everyone else.
    The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

I have not eaten at the Village Haus yet so I can't say on that. Otherwise I would say the overall grade on the burgers is a C- and there is no difference between restaurants. The meat does not taste fantastic, I do prefer to eat at the Pilots Grill in DCA since you can load up with tons on condiments. The french fries are pretty good though. Overall the burger is food, it fills you up and thats about all, I prefer different restaurants for the views or if I'm already there, not food quality.

Comment

Any burger is a good burger.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryce05 View Post
          Any burger is a good burger.
          Perhaps in NZ. Not at DL.

Comment

Not to regurgitate something that's been chewed over ad nauseum, but feast your eyes on these tasty threads:

Bon appetit.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
            Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
            imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Yuc.
              Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
              Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                Not to regurgitate something that's been chewed over ad nauseum, but feast your eyes on these tasty threads:
                Clever
                The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

Quite a bit to chew on, Wiggins.

Comment

So it seems Village Haus is more of a punchline, then? Given the burgers are pretty much the same level of bad as everywhere else. Interesting.

Oh well. That's why my aim for working is more along the lines of Napa Rose, Cafe Orleans, or Club 33 when trying to get a kitchen gig at Disneyland...

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                      Quite a bit to chew on, Wiggins.
                      And even more to digest. Mind you, not that I have any beef with the thread, nor wish to distract anyone from the real meat of the matter...

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

hamburgers = hockey puck
                        Yaye!

Comment

Originally posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
                          People (myself included) seem to favor Taste Pilots over in DCA, but I got to thinking, is this due to other factors such as the expanded range of toppings, the better fries, burgers on the menu variety, etc? I cannot imagine the meat patty itself is somehow different than the other spots serving it.
                          Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                            Fixed.
                            Matter of opinion, I suppose...I have had the waffle fries at Taste Pilots and always found them hot, crispy, and tasting like a french fry, so no complaints. Of course, in food service, things can come out differently on different days or even the same day.

Comment

I love the Hungry Bear burgers. I make it a point to eat there every trip and relax along the RoA. They're big, tasty, and you have lots of condiment choices to put on.

The real topic, imo, is not about hamburgers, but about the fact that the biggest recent foodie sin in Disneyland is getting rid of those crisscut waffle fries at Taste Pilots.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X