This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Disney's Journey Around the World

The park is obviously base primarily on the World Showcase section of EPCOT, except that instead of individual nations each getting mini-lands, each continent (except Antarctica) gets its own entire land. Here is a description of what a typical day at the park may be like:

O Canada

Next is Asia, which is divided into three sub-areas: the Middle East, India, and China. The Middle East is based primarily on that area of TDS, with its Caravan Carousel and Sinbad dark ride. Also, there will be a D-ticket dark ride based on Aladdin. The China section is cut off from the rest of the park by the Great Wall. Inside is the Wonders of China Circlevision theater, and a new dark ride based on Mulan. Between China and India is Expedition Everest, a recreation of the ride at DAK (with the Yeti in A-mode, of course). India will feature an E-ticket boat ride based on The Jungle Book. There are two other paths out of Asia: one leading to Africa and one through Polynesia to Australia.

Between Asia and Australia there is a Polynesia mini-land, featuring the Tiki Room.

Both Africa and Australia connect back to Globe Plaza.

Thanks for reading all that. Please post any questions or comments.

Re: Disney's Journey Around the World

Good ideas! It's pretty ambitious. The set-up sounds a little like a mixture of Disneyland and the proposed WestCOT park.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

I like it! HM is a bit weird in Australia...maybe Europe?
      https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

in a way it feels like taking disneyland and stripping away the fantasy, replacing it with existing places on a map, giving it more of a realistic setting. but it sure is a different way of including several classic attractions to a new disney park.

Comment

The majority of what is referred to as 'Polynesia' is part of the same continent as Australia - Australasia (aka Oceania). So too is New Zealand.

Comment

Great idea - I'd love to see a park like this esp if its built as 'fantasy' versions of the places visited rather than a realistic approach. As I M Loco said though I wouldn't put HM in Australia unless a good idea / theme could be found. Could maybe go in Europe (set in a London decaying townhouse?) or maybe N America either as a phantom manor type attraction or a WDW type backwoods area.

I'd also be templted to open out the polynesian area into a ful scale land as I love this type of theming - I'm sure the tropical land could open up a whole host of attractions which would be enough for a full scale land!

Comment

Those are some really great ideas you got there!

If you do an HM in Australia you should probably give the Ghost Host a creepy Australian accent with a gravely voice. No I'm just kidding about that, I'm actually unsure of what to do with it. North America and Europe would be my first two choices on where to put it.
              "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments. In all of these ideas that I've had, The Haunted Mansion has always been the hardest thing to place. I don't really want to use the "Decaying London house" idea above, because most of the rides in Europe already are set in London. I suppose it could be placed in the New York area. I also really like the idea of doing a "fantasy" or "idealized" version of the places, to make it look more like how you would dream it might look as opposed to how it really is/was.

I'll probably post the next idea sometime next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Noski View Post
                  Thanks for all of your comments. In all of these ideas that I've had, The Haunted Mansion has always been the hardest thing to place. I don't really want to use the "Decaying London house" idea above, because most of the rides in Europe already are set in London. I suppose it could be placed in the New York area. I also really like the idea of doing a "fantasy" or "idealized" version of the places, to make it look more like how you would dream it might look as opposed to how it really is/was.

I'll probably post the next idea sometime next week.
                  Why not place it as a creepy mansion in the South of the United States as it was pretty much designed to be?

Comment

I really like this idea! It's an innovative approach to building a Disney park with elements of several successful parks instead of just another Magic Kingdom clone. It still allows for many of the perennial favorite rides but also includes thematic and physical room for several unique ones.
                    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

I LOOOOOOOVE this idea, but I think that Canada should be more than just Arcticland and "O Canda" because Canada is so much more than snow and ice. Also I wouldn't want a Tokyo version of the Tower of Terror because as amazing as it is, its already been done. But, other than that amazing plan!!

Comment

Another classic attraction which could fit this theme would be America Sings - I'd love to see this one day. I never got to see the original at Disneyland but a new version could be great for a North America area or why not use the theme for a boatride through American muisic, a sort of small world / sinbad hybrid? Or use the idea and put it in another continent - Bollywood?, Aisa? Africa. Great thing with this park idea is the ideas are endless!

Comment

Just an idea for Australia here from a first hand point of view
                          You could have a motion simulator styled ride of surfing and being in amongst the waves! We get some pretty rough waves over here while surfing and the sensation of being pushed around is insane and would make for a great simulated, star tours styled ride!
                          You could also have a ride based around the Great Barrier Reef or the East Australian Current from Nemo (I know you mentioned Crush's Coaster, but this could go in a different direction from that and be more Australian themed!) A dark ride or similar rollercoaster of some sort (I'm not the best at productive ideas! )
                          "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

cool idea! I like it and want to go, right now! but sounds real expensive though with all those major attractions... :/

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X