Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Monorail in Buena Vista Street?

I just realized, that the Monorail going through DCA is going to be terribly awkward when this is converted to Buena Vista Street. Does anyone know how they're going to deal with that?
    To me, there are two options:
    A) Have a futuristic Monorial running through 1930's Buena Vista Street
    or
    B)Have a big tunnel smack dab in the middle of Buena Vista Street.
    But neither of those are very good. Ideas? News?
    Last edited by JungleCruiseFan; 01-10-2010, 07:17 PM.

Re: Monorail in Buena Vista Street?

Considering you only see the monorail cross for a couple seconds, I think it's fine the way it is (crossing over Hyperion Bridge). The bridge is just being changed out, nothing fancy like visual barriers trying to "stay in decade".

Comment

It could be the monorails gone back in time to the 30s kinda like the train goes back to the dino era LOL
      My Art site
      http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

I don't think it's going to be much of a problem. They just re-theme it into a simple bridge. A monorail going over the golden gate doesn't make sense anyway.

I guess If they needed to, they could easily build some type of barrier, but I don't think that will be necessary.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

Huh. This is a good point. Particularly when you consider that they're planning on moving the turnstiles more inwards toward the space between the two parks - so where in the new layout would the monorail track lay?

Either they're just going to let it go through, or they're going to re-route the track. I don't see them concealing the monorail with a tunnel. What are the chances they might re-route the track? I recall reading some time ago that Lassetter had some desire to re-route the track, have it be more integrated into DCA or something.
          Zoe Necrosis
          Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

Well considering you will see it for a whopping 5 seconds at a time, I don't think it is that big of a deal. No one complains about seeing a giant mountain with the monorail passing by now do they?

Comment

yeah i don't see it as a problem

Comment

I can't keep shut long enough. As I was walking around DCA last night, i saw them testing out an invisible cloak to put on the bridge. That's right, I saw an invisible cloak

Comment

the monorail travels right next to a giant swiss mountain in Fantasyland, nobody has ever complained about that...

http://lostworld.pair.com/disneyland...rhorn-dusk.jpg
                  - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

When it comes to authenticity, there are a billion imperfections in just about all aspects of Disney Parks. Most of them are virtually invisible to the unsuspecting guest. Some of them are right in the open, like a Monorail traveling around the Matterhorn. However, I don't think guests are complaining one bit when it comes to two worlds clashing. They probably don't think twice about it. I know when I was younger I could care less about the authenticity of the environments I was in. Still to this day I could care less about it all, as long as I allow myself to be immersed in the detailed environments.

That's just my take on it. So when it comes to a Monorail traveling through Buena Vista St, I just think "cool" and can't wait to see it in person.

Comment

I HATE the smell of a new wall(maybe is the ink) that they lay out from the entrance of Hollywood backlot all the way to Aladdin.

It smells horrible! Maybe as the time passes, it will not be stink anymore.

My bad I thought this was the trolley thread in Hollywood backlot
                      My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                      http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Well, the monorail is very reminiscent of the first monorail design by Bob Gurr, which is inspired by the look of Buck Rogers spaceships, which is a comic from the 1920's/1930's, which happens to be the time period for Buena Vista street.

How appropriate is that!

Comment

I'm just worried about shoulder sitting blocking my view of the monorail going by while I get hit in the shin with a stroller being pushed by some guy who's smoking because the park is so crowded with APer's standing around who all have fastpasses and there's no reason to go into the stores because there's nothing good to buy in there anyway and no reason to go into any restaurants because the food all stinks and there's no entertainment offered anymore either.

But, no, I'm not worried about the monorail ruining the theming of BVS at all.
                          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                          -Walt Disney

Comment

That's hilarious...
                            don't forget the fact that you're too busy having corporate evildoers pickpocketing from you while you're being hit in the shin by the smoking man et cetera et cetera

Comment

The Monorail already passes by the entrance to an even older Main Street.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X