Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Shorter Park Hours = Lower Admission Price?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Shorter Park Hours = Lower Admission Price?

I was reading another MCer's rant about DCA's hours. They close at 6pm some nights. So the park is only open for 8 hours but you still have to pay full price to get in. Some nights DCA is open for 12 hours. So why go when the park is only open for a shorter period of time? Why not get more hours for your money?

This isn't only about DCA, either. It goes for DCA's more popular brother across the Esplanade, too.

Should they adjust their prices for shorter park hours?

I mean lots of us on MC don't really think about it because we have AP's, but lots of people pay the ticket prices to get in.

I'm just thinking 'out loud' here.

Re: Should Shorter Park Hours = Lower Admission Price?

Typically when there are less hours per dollar there are also less people and lines are short. With the shorter lines you end up with more attractions per hour so maybe the price should auctually go up.

Comment

Originally posted by erick13
      Typically when there are less hours per dollar there are also less people and lines are short. With the shorter lines you end up with more attractions per hour so maybe the price should auctually go up.
      That's a good point. I didn't think of it that way.

Comment

And during the "off-season," there should be reasonable discounts to be found.

Comment

Truthfully I think the prices to get into the park are too high as it is. I wish that the prices would be rolled back.

Comment

Or the park could close at 6PM year round, and they could charge less $$ during the busy summer months then they do during the slow times of the year. After all you would be riding less.
            "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Comment

Originally posted by rihard2000
              Or the park could close at 6PM year round, and they could charge less $$ during the busy summer months then they do during the slow times of the year. After all you would be riding less.
              The fireworks show would truly suck, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                I was reading another MCer's rant about DCA's hours. They close at 6pm some nights. So the park is only open for 8 hours but you still have to pay full price to get in. Some nights DCA is open for 12 hours. So why go when the park is only open for a shorter period of time? Why not get more hours for your money?

This isn't only about DCA, either. It goes for DCA's more popular brother across the Esplanade, too.

Should they adjust their prices for shorter park hours?

I mean lots of us on MC don't really think about it because we have AP's, but lots of people pay the ticket prices to get in.

I'm just thinking 'out loud' here.

I think they should. But they are always looking for new ways to rip people off lol.

Comment

Truthfully I think the prices to get into the park are too high as it is. I wish that the prices would be rolled back.
                  DLR needs revenue in order to make a profit.
                  I agree that the one-day price is way too high.
                  Currently, there is an average daily gate admission revenue that's probably much lower than that daily ticket price.
                  In order to lower the daily ticket price (higher than average) while keeping the admission revenue steady is to raise the price of those who are paying less than the average revenue.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                      But they are always looking for new ways to rip people off lol.
                      Yes. Anyone here buy a lightbulb from the 'Main Street Electrical Parade' that "glowed away forever" to DCA?
                      :lol:

Comment

I cant believe how horrible the Southern California Anual Passport is!!! It is rediculous, you cant go to the park at all in july and you cant go on any satruday it is discusting to me since i thought i would see if i could save money or just buy a premium Passport again which i am definitly going 2 do. DL needs to have a Premium Southern California Passport!!!!!!!!
                        :ap: !!Disney-aholic!! :ap:

http://www.myspace.com/chevelle189

Comment

Fact: Disney will never, ever, ever lower the admission price. This does not include group discounts, seasonal Socal discounts, or anything else temporary, but I can guarantee you that the posted price of $50 or whatever it is these days will never decrease.

Comment

Originally posted by squinky
                            Fact: Disney will never, ever, ever lower the admission price. This does not include group discounts, seasonal Socal discounts, or anything else temporary, but I can guarantee you that the posted price of $50 or whatever it is these days will never decrease.

Sadly, I think you're right.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!Disney-aholic!!
                              I cant believe how horrible the Southern California Anual Passport is!!! It is rediculous, you cant go to the park at all in july and you cant go on any satruday it is discusting to me since i thought i would see if i could save money or just buy a premium Passport again which i am definitly going 2 do. DL needs to have a Premium Southern California Passport!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Micechat. And welcome to Microeconomics 101: An increase in demand (Disneyland in July as opposed to February) will result in an increase in price (Premium AP as opposed to SoCal AP).
                              "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                              - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X