This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Matterhorn Refurb

Does anyone know how long the Matterhorn is going to be down in febuary? It's going to suck to go there and not be able to see Harold
    Last edited by Where'sJackSparrow; 01-31-2010, 06:39 PM.
    "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    - Walt Disney

:thumbupisneyland in 2 weeks!:thumbup:

Re: Matterhorn Refurb

Is Harold the AA Abominable Snowman?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Comment

I didn't know that it was going down for refurb.??
      Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Where did you hear that?

Comment

This is probably just a standard break down, would be surprised if its not up and running before the park closes.

But then again, I'm not in the park.

Comment

So I have to wonder this, why do they never have Harold as a meet and greet character, I want to get a picture with him
            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
            July 13th-18th
            November 19th-25th

Comment

February 1 - March 11 for some standard track replacement and other mechanical work

Comment

Originally posted by bobsledbob View Post
                February 1 - March 11 for some standard track replacement and other mechanical work
                Thanks! I guess I'll just have to imagine riding it when I go.)
                "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
                - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                  So I have to wonder this, why do they never have Harold as a meet and greet character, I want to get a picture with him
                  That would be cool! But I think Disney would need to have something to convince them to make one. (A major, major refurb or a movie based on the attraction)
                  "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
                  YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
                  Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
                  (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by dogtherock View Post
                    That would be cool! But I think Disney would need to have something to convince them to make one. (A major, major refurb or a movie based on the attraction)
                    You mean a movie based off a ride that is loosely based off another movie?! Disney can do that?! Oh wait.. They already did. ARGH!!!!!!! LOL
                    Let us just hope they do not do this to the Matterhorn as well in the future.

Comment

In my opinion, it should be a WDW Space Mountain style refurbishment, completely upgrading the ride system, only going farther to have a complete track replacement and new or refurbished bobsleds. Scenic elements wouldn't need to be reworked.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsledbob View Post
                        Oh hot damn, nevermind my last comment. Dammit, that sucks, oh well. One trip without the Matterhorn wont kill me.

Comment

I agree with ya D1
                          - Walt Disney

Comment

Yeah its going down for standard refurb which it needs since its been breaking down a lot these last few weeks. Also keep an eye out for a "different" sled. Might just have a seating arrangement similar to space mtn rockets.

Comment

I'll never forget the time the ride broke down while I was riding. They had to evacuate some of us by taking us inside the mountain. They wouldn't let us take pictures of the interior. I'll never forget how out-of-date the electrical hardware was. This was before the last major refurbishment.
                              Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                              Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X