This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] The sword and the stone.

This will mark out 8th family trip to the big D (and slightly smaller yet much appreciated DCA)..... and one thing we have never seen is the sword pulled from the stone?

Does this still even happen?

If so? How does one get their children involved. To me, I think this is the last Disneyland event I have not seen.
    sigpicDisney Road

Re: The sword and the stone.

I think it's unofficially not in operation right now. We've never seen it either, I was bummed on our last visit they weren't doing it.

I can, however, tell you how your kiddo can get picked for Jedi Training, lol!
    Yaye!

Comment

I don't visit Fantasyland very much.
      The times we have gone, I haven't seen the "show".
      I think the last time was maybe 2008 (at least for me)
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
        I think it's unofficially not in operation right now. We've never seen it either, I was bummed on our last visit they weren't doing it.

Do tell do tell do tell!
        sigpicDisney Road

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post

Do tell. (oops is this a doubel post?)
          sigpicDisney Road

Comment

We got there early so our guy could be in front. We told him make sure when it's time to jump and down, wave your arms and yell me me me!!! He's pretty confident, so he had no problem drawing attention to himself, which is how they pick out the kids. My husband waved and pointed at him too, not sure which did it, but they picked him!

That's him there in the center with the sunglasses! He really loves Star Wars, and this was a lot of fun for him. They let him "fight" the red faced bad guy, sorry, I can't remember his name, lol! It sure made his day though!

Yaye!

Comment

Yes 2008 was the last time that the Sword and the Stone was done. Disneyland dosen't do the show anymore which is sad Merlin has been kick out of Disney for now. But I hope one day he will return.
              To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

He'll be back one day. I hope.

Phi, I think you must mean Darth Maul.

Comment

when my family went in 2007 he got picked to be one of the kids lucky enough to pull on the sword, and he pulled it out!

if i remember correctly, it didnt come out all the way, just enough to get the point across, without having a child wielding a mid-evil style weapon.

he got a certificate and a medal with a purple ribbon that went around his neck, and they said "king for a day" and such and had his name on the certificate.

Comment

I was pretty upset when I heard they got rid of this.
                    One of my few vivid memories of Disneyland when I was a child was being picked by Merlin to pull the Sword from the Stone.
                    I remember feeling like the coolest and luckiest kid in Disneyland.
                    Then every time I went to the park from that point on I would say Hi to him and he'd say hi back (of course I thought he remembered me).
                    Overall awesome.
                    Don't know why they got rid of him.

But like others have said, I think the only other thing close to this would be the Jedi Training Academy or possibly the new Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration.
                    TMGC is supposed to "include guests", but not really sure how yet. But if it's anything like Tiana's Showboat Jubilee, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Comment

I tell you why they got reed of Merlin. Bugit cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                        I tell you why they got reed of Merlin. Bugit cuts.
                        Well yeah. But I'm saying, why get rid of him instead of someone else?
                        It's one guy who does an extremely entertaining show... and I feel like cutting out 1 other character would be just as easy.

Comment

I know and what I had hear before they deside to let him go was he was going to get a new outfit they where going to add stars to his outfit and make it blue like his cartoon counter part.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                            I know and what I had hear before they deside to let him go was he was going to get a new outfit they where going to add stars to his outfit and make it blue like his cartoon counter part.
                            Stars? Blah... that sounds so hoaky.
                            I like the idea of making his robes blue though.
                            (We're kind getting off-topic from the OP. Whoops :shy

Comment

Originally posted by gumpyyy View Post
                              when my family went in 2007 he got picked to be one of the kids lucky enough to pull on the sword, and he pulled it out!

if i remember correctly, it didnt come out all the way, just enough to get the point across, without having a child wielding a mid-evil style weapon.

he got a certificate and a medal with a purple ribbon that went around his neck, and they said "king for a day" and such and had his name on the certificate.
                              I was lucky enough to catch the ceremony once a few years back, and Merlin explained that if the kid had pulled the sword out all the way, he would have been king for life, but since he pulled it out just halfway, he would just be king for the day. I thought it was pretty funny. )

Here's hoping for its eventual return.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X