Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RB's 5th MC Anniversary Thread - 5 In A Row (Better and Better)!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report RB's 5th MC Anniversary Thread - 5 In A Row (Better and Better)!

I had it all planned out - I was going to do the MiceChat 5th Anniversary right. Two nights at HoJo's, with plans to attend all the events.

Well, when I went to make final arrangements with my financial advisers, here is the answer I got -

So, no pictures of the Friday night frivolities, or the Saturday sensations.

But you can bet that I was in my car at 0-dark-30 Sunday morning because it was finally time...

To have some fun!

And no sooner did I approach the Main Gate of the Happiest Place on Earth, did I find another Micechatter already in the mood to par-tay!!

I met several other MiceChatters in line, waiting for them to drop the rope at the end of Main Street...

And so with fanfare and dramatic voice, the rope is dropped. Some went running toward Space Mountain. Others, perhaps Indiana Jones.

As for our group...we figured, probably correctly, that we were the first group in the entire history of Disneyland to go running to, Riverbelle Terrace. Given my own physical state and that of some of MC gathered family, the word "running" is used somewhat loosely.

Anyway, through the line, I find a table and say hello to an old Anniversary Sunday morning friend.

Mickey's pre--tty cool. See if you can touch your tongue to your nose like that.

So after breakfast, I am off - to capture the shots of beaming MiceChatters, some starting their third day of frivolity...

Another of the MiceChat paparazzi, Princess Buttercup catching NeverNeverland in a moment of um, candor.

And Trekkie Dad and his wife drove within about two blocks of my house on their way down to this wing-ding. Yet as it turned out I had to drive 110 miles south myself, just to catch up with them!

And then it was on to one of our great MiceChat Anniversary traditions - the ride on the Mark Twain. Wait - we couldn't be hitting a wall this early in the day, could we?

After all, there are just so many other attractions to enjoy in...oh, stop it Barry! It's all positive today...yes, you're right...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: RB's 5th MC Anniversary Thread - 5 In A Row (Better and Better)!

:clap: Love everything about it Barry..bravo..bravo..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Y' know, in all these years, I have never had those Mickey pancakes. My Happy would loooove those. Two of his favorite things are Mickey Mouse and pancakes. We never get to DL that early, but we will have to one these days...

I am glad that I was able to get to Disneyland on MC anniversary Sunday even if it was only for an hour. Honestly, you were one of the people I really wanted to meet in person, so I am glad you were able to be there too!!

Looking forward seeing more of your trip!!

Comment

Loving the pictures, Barry!
        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yea :yea:.... nice pictures Barry. Can't wait to see more
          Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

yay! the TR i've been waiting for, keep it comin' Barry!
            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
            Originally posted by pratt55
            Elly is adorkable.

Comment

It was a pleasure seeing you out and about on Sunday, even if you couldn't be there the entire weekend.
              Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
              2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
              2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
              sigpic

Comment

I've been waiting for the play-by-play from you since all the TR's came in. I knew you wouldn't disappoint! Great TR, hope to see more, my friend!

P.S. The pic of the Mickey Mouse pancake is making me hungry!
                "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Yes!! Looking forward to seeing more!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                    0-dark-30
                    Wait.... other people use this term!? That's awesome!

Love the report Barry, hope to see more!
                    sigpic

Comment

Cool beans! Barry knows how to craft a wonderful trip report. Can't wait to see the rest!

Comment

Great trip report!

Comment

Y'know, once upon a time, these Sunday meets were kinda referred to as the "Church Of Walt".

I'd like to think that Penguinsoda, good friend Jody, is giving thanks to God, or maybe the Great Penguin, for the gift that was bestowed upon her that day.

Even with the recent rains, I knew all too well that we are still dealing with drought conditions in Southern California. In case you weren't aware how bad it is....wow...

It was so bad, that someone there couldn't bring themself to look.

I'm sure that someone will correct me here. But it seems to me that the guy doing the talking on the train tour says, that these are the conditions that the early settlers found.

I sure hope not. If they were, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Did I say something about the train?

Now arriving, at the New Orleans Square Station....

And it was great as always, taking over the train, ridin' the rails, hearing one of the conductors congratulate us on the event of the anniversary and all. I hear that somehow, the worldwide press got word of this. It was big news. So imagine how we felt, met by a gaggle of writers, bloggers, Twitterers, Facebookers and paparazzi at the Main Street Station...

Well it could have been all those other people. Besides, I'll take Alan aka Akfandisney over all those others, any day of the week!

So it was on to New Orleans Square to complete our grand tour.

Do you realize that it's been a whole year since my last Trip Report? I hope you have the time....

Cuz we've just got so much more dirt-dishing, gossip, and really good stuff that you'll never see in an Al Lutz or Darkbeer update. (Probably because there has to at least be some semblance of truth to what they report.))

After the train ride, some folks went on the Jungle Cruise (they had water over there from what I was told). The rest of us just kind of wandered over to the hub, because trust me me, it was first come first served for the good seats that day.

I'm sure that you've been reading about the hundreds of people that took over the whole hub, just to show their MiceChat love. In my opinion, many of them were there just to see if they could win one of those prizes Dusty was gonna be giving away...

Or, something like that.

Here's of the new friends I've made in the sports forum, and in the RCMC (Royal Court of MiceChat) random threads...Angels fan, Ducks fan, put your hands and webbed feet together for Mr. DisneyDragon...

Good thing I'm an ace photographer and not a barber, ay?

Well, when it comes to lively, stimulating discussion, my good friend Margo (PurpleDove) has no peer...

And there was just no debatin' the fact that High Noon, and the Mother of all MiceChat meets, would soon be upon us.

Something we can all sink our teeth into.

With a minimum of drips.
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Hooray for a Barry TR!!! Awesome meet shots!
                            sigpic
                            Home away from Home.

Comment

Man I wish I could have been there to join in the festivities. But Barry, your TR's are the next best thing ~ thanks so much for the effort!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X