This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videopolis Revisited

Does anybody remember what videopolis(now fantasyland theater) was like? I was to young to remember.

I remember listining to the theme song and thought it was catchy does someone know the lyrics and where i might find the song?

I think they should have included that in the 50th material. Maybe an extra add in.

Re: Videopolis Revisited

Videopolis was pretty cool. You could either sit in the stands and watch the videos for the music they were playing or go down to the floor and dance. It was around when I was a teenager and played new wave music which I loved. If you can't find the theme song for it on the 50th album, try looking on Bear Share.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Whoa... I had totally forgotten about Videopolis! I don't remember much about it, except that it was loud, had some cool lighting effects and was very, VERY 80's. I used to love it, my friends and I thought we were all grown-up and cool when we hung out over there, LOL.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I miss Videopolis!!! Why oh why did they ever take it out?

I remember seeing Chubby Checker there in concert in 1987!
        (or sometime in the late 80s anyway! 87, 88, 89!)
        It was awesome! We sat thru two shows that day!

I was happy to see they made a pin for it this year in the
        magical memories set!

Comment

It was a fun spot. In the late '80s I also saw Chubby Checker (he did the "twist event" for The Guiness Book which I attended at 5 a.m.) and believe he performed that day since he was already there. Also saw The Righteous Brothers there.
          "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
            Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Titanfreak46
              Does anybody remember what videopolis(now fantasyland theater) was like?
              Videopolis wasn't where Fantasyland Theatre is. It was right next to it. I remember watching a show, forget what it was called, it had a lot of Disney characters in it and it had to do with an airplane. Anyway, after the show, we went to Videopolis right next store.

Comment

Originally posted by DLResident
                Videopolis wasn't where Fantasyland Theatre is. It was right next to it. I remember watching a show, forget what it was called, it had a lot of Disney characters in it and it had to do with an airplane. Anyway, after the show, we went to Videopolis right next store.
                Okaaaaaaaaaaay..........I think you may have mis-remembered something there.
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                  Okaaaaaaaaaaay..........I think you may have mis-remembered something there.
                  I think you're right. The show I was talking about was PLane Crazy which I remember seeing in 1991. I remember going to a place where they had a bunch of TV screens and you could play all sorts of video games including Disney Adventures. What was that place called then?

Comment

Plane Crazy is shown at the Main St. Cinema??
                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Plane Crazy WAS shown in the Videopolis Theater (It was not called the Fantasyland Theater until 'Pocahontas').
                      Visions Fantastic!

Comment

At the time of Plane Crazy the theater still had the Videopolis setup.

Comment

plane crazy was an actual show right?
                          Not just a cartoon
                          I remember being a toddler and seeing a bunch of disney characters danceing around an inflatable plane
                          Either i'm crazy, or this was a show

Comment

Plane Crazy went on during the day. It had various characters from the Disney Afternoon on it. Baloo, Don Carnage, Fat Cat, Chip and Dale, Launchpad McQuack, etc. At night it turned into Videopolis.
                            Growing older is manditory
                            Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Anyone have photos? I don't recall ever making a visit to Videopolis... but I do have the pin!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X