This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad Differences

Can anyone tell me the main differences between BTMRR at Disneyland vs WDW, Paris, and Tokyo?
    It seems like in WDW and Tokyo, you go up really high on the big lift. Does it do this in DL?

Thanks,
    Jack
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Re: Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad Differences

i believe WDW has a mirrored track layout and their loading station is a downstairs, indoors area, you enter the dark tunnel from there. paris is on an island but you load on the main land and the train takes a tunnel under the water to the island, which i think is very cool. as for tokyo, i'm not sure what the different w/ that one is.

Comment

I would love to go on the Paris one. It looks so cool in snow. Oh, and the disney world one is a mirrored layout except for a little scene that is added before you go up the final lift. The scene is a flooded mine town and the cars lean to left and right.
      The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
      fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
      JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

You are correct in the differences with Paris. Paris's is a really good version and I like it better than the one here.

Comment

Actually, a more acurate way to say it is Disneyland's track layout is a mirrored verion of everyone else's, except for the cayote scene. At WDW and everywhere else it is replaced by the flooded town scene before the second lift.

Comment

But isnt Paris's different as well due to the fact that it goes under ground?

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
              Actually, a more acurate way to say it is Disneyland's track layout is a mirrored verion of everyone else's, except for the cayote scene. At WDW and everywhere else it is replaced by the flooded town scene before the second lift.
              but DL's BTMRR was built before the ones at the other parks..
              so, the other one's mirror ours.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
                but DL's BTMRR was built before the ones at the other parks..
                so, the other one's mirror ours.
                WDW's was designed first.

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
                  WDW's was designed first.
                  DL's was designed by Tony Baxter and it opened in 1979.
                  WDW opened at the end of 1980.
                  Tokyo's opened in 1987. and Paris' opened in 1992.

that was Tony Baxter's first major job once becoming an Imagineer. he was told to do something with the old Mine Train Ride.

Comment

that was Tony Baxter's first major job once becoming an Imagineer. he was told to do something with the old Mine Train Ride.
                    WDW's was designed in 1974, but didn't open until 1980.
                    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

But still, the original was designed for WDW. But then they implemented the mirrored version in DL before WDW.

Comment

The original version was designed for Walt Disney World.
                        They created a mirror image for Disneyland and it was built first.
                        A year later, the WDW version opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
                          But still, the original was designed for WDW. .

More on it here: Widen Your World - Thunder Mesa & The Western River Expedition
                          MY SIGNATURE:
                          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                            Would have been nice to get something like this.
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

The DL, WDW, and Tokyo versions are the same rides, just mirror images. The Paris version has a unique layout, and from what I've heard, seriously intense and thrilling.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                              HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                              ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                              FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X