Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly Symphony Swings Delayed until May 29?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Silly Symphony Swings Delayed until May 29?

I have been checking most every day on Disneyland's official website for the refurb schedule for my trip in May and either today or yesterday "Orange Stinger conversion to Silly Symphony Swings" popped up. The official DL site now has it re-opening on the 29th of May as opposed to the 29th of April. Anybody know if this is a website error or it's officially delayed a month?
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Re: Silly Symphony Swings Delayed until May 29?

Seeing how slowly other projects are coming along, I wouldn't be surprised to see it delayed. There has been a lot of rain recently and that could probably explain an entire month.

Comment

It's really going to take an extra month to build a queue? I thought they were on schedule.

Comment

Yeah! All they need to do is build a queue!!!

Comment

I think in this case the ride was the easy part
          Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
          July 13th-18th
          November 19th-25th

Comment

Don't complain if it takes them a long time to build a queue!! People complain how awful the other queues are and so what if it takes them 6 months to do the Swings line properly! As long as it is nice, then it will be worth it. Everyone knows Disney takes forever to build stuff. Look how long it's been for the viewing area.

Comment

This is saddening....maybe a freak storm would blow up the whole thing, would not mind that.

Comment

I was there for three days this week and it looked like the queue had a lot of work to be done.

Comment

But there are TWO and a half months to build a queue. That should be enough time.
                  Last edited by DisneyPro; 02-19-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                    This is saddening....maybe a freak storm would blow up the whole thing, would not mind that.

dont be so glum chum! DCA will look great when its all done, dont worry =)

Comment

Originally posted by AaronInCal View Post
                      Don't complain if it takes them a long time to build a queue!! People complain how awful the other queues are and so what if it takes them 6 months to do the Swings line properly! As long as it is nice, then it will be worth it. Everyone knows Disney takes forever to build stuff. Look how long it's been for the viewing area.
                      I agree.
                      As cheap as I think the ride looks (maybe once done and in person it will change my view)
                      I'd rather Disney get it right the second time.
                      Looked what happened when they rushed the first time.
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Darn that sucks. Well at least it gives them more time to do things right.

Comment

Originally posted by Imag1neer View Post
                          dont be so glum chum! DCA will look great when its all done, dont worry =)
                          Of course, slapping characters on the same cheap stuff doesn't make it not cheap.

Comment

Of course, slapping characters on the same cheap stuff doesn't make it not cheap.
                            I had no idea that you felt this way. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Comment

That's not all they are doing with SSS, they are adding a story. All these remarks about it's just a swing ride make me think you've completely lost your childlike imaginations. Now it's an experience of being swept up by a tornado caused by Mickey's crazy conducting and sailing high above Paradise Bay. It's not a basic swing ride.
                              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                              -Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X