Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is the room for the battle scene in Pirates?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How big is the room for the battle scene in Pirates?

The one with the fort and ship. Two stories? Three? Or is it an illusion and not really that tall?

Re: How big is the room for the battle scene in Pirates?

It's basically the same until you get to the burning village then you go under a bridge and it’s a lot smaller. But I would say it’s about two stories from the bottom of the flume to the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondoman006 View Post
      It's basically the same until you get to the burning village then you go under a bridge and it’s a lot smaller. But I would say it’s about two stories from the bottom of the flume to the ceiling.
      It's got to be taller than that considering that most of the buildings seen in the town are 2 stories tall. I would say that the show building is more like 4 stories if not more.
      Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
      1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
      1990, 1992, 1993
      2006, 2007, 2009
      2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
      2000, 2001

Comment

I believe the building is about 35 feet tall when viewed from ground level, but it's got a rather deep basement. Unfortunately, I've had a really hard time finding exact figures, but taking into account the space between the ceiling and the roof, that scene has to be at least 40 feet tall.

Comment

Interesting. I never thought it seemed that tall.

Comment

This might help...

(unfortunately I don't have the photo credit)

Comment

Where did you find that picture?

Comment

Here's another that better illustrates what Data was talking about...

(again I apologize for not having the photo credit, but I'm looking)

Comment

What hidden stuff r u talking about?
                  sigpicWhat?!?! Birth By Sleep is only coming out on the PSP?!?! It's the end of the world!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandBand View Post
                    What hidden stuff r u talking about?
                    Walt's cryogenicly frozen body and the nuclear fuel waste that the Mark Twain uses is dumped there too.
                    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Wow.. Those are great pictures.. I always feel like that room is so vast.. And was curious if it was an illusion. Well, nope, that is one big room..

Comment

So how deep do you think the water is in that room? At least four feet? Right...

Comment

I think more like 2', maybe 3'
                          Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                          July 13th-18th
                          November 19th-25th

Comment

On this scene, it seems like it drops off at the end. Does water fall off into something?
                            Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                              Here's another that better illustrates what Data was talking about...

(again I apologize for not having the photo credit, but I'm looking)
                              The solid wall looks (I'm guessin...no clue) is about 2 stories.
                              The frame goes past the monorail...so a little over a story?

The buildings are forced perspective in the ride. And when you look a the lights (clouds), it doesn't seem like it needs to project much farther.
                              Once again....until we get real numbers...we'll never know.
                              Data is our man when it comes to show buildings though.
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X