Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Country Bears... why did you like it?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Bears... why did you like it?

A recurring theme on just about every Disney board is how horrible it is that CBJ was removed and Pooh was put in. I think Pooh wouldn't be so reviled if it hadn't replaced CBJ.

I actually hated CBJ. I know, I know :mob: But really, I hated it. I hated the music, I hated the characters, I just thought it was boring. Even when I was a little kid, I used to think my mom was lame for dragging us all in there to watch it.

Now I have a feeling I'm in the minority on this , so I'm asking, honestly, what did you like about it? What was it that I missed? So many people loved it and miss it, that I can't help but feel there was something about it that I didn't "get".

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: Country Bears... why did you like it?

I am just extemely fascinated with Bears. I also love to draw them. I also liked their body shapes (This is of course coming from an artist's perspective). I mean I like how some were fat, skinny, short, tall, hunched over etc.

Comment

I LOVED the CBJ! I admit, it wasn't something I did everytime I went to the park. But it was just so nostalgic for me! It was my grandpa's favorite thing to take us to when we were little and my earliest memories of Disneyland are in CBJ. When my best friend had her daughter that was the FIRST thing I took her to and was the same with my son. I just love it and treasure it.
      �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

It is a great show. The one in Florida could use some TLC, but by golly there is nothing funnier than laughing at Teddy Bara's hole. Maybe it was the sleep deprivation, but I swear it was sooo funny.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

As with most shows, it was a one (or two) time gig for me, then I was done.
          I may be wrong, but I think to a lot of people here, they look even better in the rear view mirror considering what replaced them.

btw, I kind of like Pooh. It is colorful and sweet and the line is usually short.

Comment

It had heart. It was unashamedly what it was, there was no self-mockery as an apology for the apparent "crime" of being just a little fun and cheesy. It was what it was. Each of them had their own unique character/personality, and it came through in the show.

But the simplest way to put it is still, "It had heart."

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Good air conditioning!

Comment

I remember watching it as a kid- 2 years old. First memory that wasn't mom or dad. Sad to have seen it go...it was an original. To me, (my opinion) it is the same as tearing out Main Street...and putting in 'moving sidewalks' sponsored by Fisher Price. Oh, ya- I agree, GOOD air conditioning!
                sigpic

Comment

Nice place to relax.....and kinda cute. Don't really miss it, but don't mind Pooh either.
                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I can't really reply to this thread because I never liked it. I admired the design, creativity and showmanship but it always seemed to be a satire on the country/western craze that swept the nation for what seemed a very long time. And then, there was that awful "Hee-Haw" on TV.
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink
                      I LOVED the CBJ! I admit, it wasn't something I did everytime I went to the park. But it was just so nostalgic for me! It was my grandpa's favorite thing to take us to when we were little and my earliest memories of Disneyland are in CBJ. When my best friend had her daughter that was the FIRST thing I took her to and was the same with my son. I just love it and treasure it.
                      Originally posted by shadow
                      I remember watching it as a kid- 2 years old. First memory that wasn't mom or dad. Sad to have seen it go...it was an original. To me, (my opinion) it is the same as tearing out Main Street...and putting in 'moving sidewalks' sponsored by Fisher Price. Oh, ya- I agree, GOOD air conditioning!

But WHY? I know it is loved and missed by many, and many people feel like it was a horrible travesty to see it go. Your posts re-emphasize that love and nostalgia. I'm just really not understanding what made it so great?

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
                        it always seemed to be a satire on the country/western craze that swept the nation for what seemed a very long time. And then, there was that awful "Hee-Haw" on TV.
                        See that's what I've always felt. Are most of the CBJ lovers also fans of country music? I swear I'm not being sarcastic here. For me, even if the rest of the show was entertaining, the music alone would have ruined it for me.

Comment

This is kinda hard to describe, so please bear with me (no pun intended).I have always loved CBJ. I loved it from the very first time I saw it in in Florida back in 1975. The reasons are many.

First and formost were the characters. Like almost every character Mark Davis worked on, those bears were long on personaliy and charm. Each one had a unique personality and it was just fun to watch them all performing together.

Second was the music. Yes, it was corny, Hee Haw style country, but that was the point. I don't like country music as a rule, but I loved CBJ's music. It was designed in a simpler time when singing along with those old corny tunes was considered fun, not embarrassing. Today we are so "sophisticated" and self concious. We have a hard time letting ourselves go enough to enjoy the corny music. If you don't beleive me, look around sometime in the Tiki Room when the birds ask you to sing along. Half the people there will refuse to do so and most of those that do sign will look very self conscious about it.

Thats why I still love CBJ and still visit the original everytime I am in Orlando. Its a fun, silly, light hearted show from a more innocent age delivered by funny and charming characters. Whats not to like? The new Pooh ride is ok (its an honest c ticket attraction and doesnt deserve the grief its gotten), but CBJ was better. I hope they never remove the Florida version.
                          Last edited by WDWHound; 10-25-2005, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllisonWonderland
                            As with most shows, it was a one (or two) time gig for me, then I was done.
                            I may be wrong, but I think to a lot of people here, they look even better in the rear view mirror considering what replaced them.

btw, I kind of like Pooh. It is colorful and sweet and the line is usually short.
                            I can see why kids like pooh. I just think most people growing up with the bears prefer them more over the stuffed one and feel somewhat duped. But atleast the kids like Pooh.

Comment

It's like replacing Fantasmic! with the Fantasy Waters show. It was a sad thing that happened. They could have revamped the show, but were being lazy. To close it the same time the 'Country Bears' movie came out was poor thinking. (Not that the movie was any good...)

I liked watching all of the animatronics move. That's why I loved it. I loved how there were things going on all around you. It was wonderful.

To take those animatronic characters and replace them with Pooh Disney Store statues in a ride is pathetic.

All of those wonderful animatronic characters... gone! Now the ones in WDW's Carousel of Progress are on the chopping block. Ugh.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X