This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] DCA Gold Rush Land

I've mentioned this on a few other threads before, but I am going to repost it here in much greater detail. I know everyone is rooting for the Grizzly Peak Gold Rush makeover, but I think we should leave Grizzly Peak as is and give the Gold Rush a new land where the Challenge Trail is now. It would be DCA's alternative to New Orleans Square. It would be called San Francisco Street (the other one would be torn down.) This one would be based on when Sna Francisco was a large boomtown when the Gold Rush started.
    There would be 2 rides, 1 restaurant, and 3 gift shops. The first ride would be a gold rushy take on Western River Expedition. You would get in your boats and take the first drop down. This ride, like Pirates would go "outside the berm." That way you do not take up to much real estate for one ride. The first major scene would be when James Marshall discovers gold near Sutter's Mill in January 1848. You would have a narrator telling you this as you pass by it. You would then go down another small drop like on Pirates. Then it would show Sam Brannan running through the streets of San Fracisco shouting about how gold had been discovered. The narrator then tells about how the news spread across the world. The next scene shows people walking across the U.S. to California. They could possibly have a man singing "Oh California" as he walks by.
    The next scenes would show lots of miners actually mining in the flume you are riding in. The narrator would tell about the great entrepenuers of the Gold Rush and the great successes and failures of the Gold Rush. The Grand Finale would be a bunch of miners singing "Oh, California! That's the place for me! For I've come from Salem City with my washpan on my knee." You would then go up a ramp to ground level and disembark. I will tell you about my ideas for the other ride in the land soon!

Re: DCA Gold Rush Land

There's absolutely no way the Challenge trail is big enough for that.
    My Armchair Imagineering threads:

Collaborations:

Comment

What did you think of the actual idea? I know it's not big enough, but where would it go? (Sigh) If only we had space like Florida.

Comment

I like it, and you said it would be like pirates, so, why not the ride underground some of it can be under the esplande and other parts of DCA
        Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

That's what I meant when I said it would go "outside the berm" of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyManiac View Post
            The first ride would be a gold rushy take on Western River Expedition. You would get in your boats and take the first drop down. This ride, like Pirates would go "outside the berm." That way you do not take up to much real estate for one ride.
            I like new ideas, but I can nix this right here. There is no "outside the berm" in this area. That would be under the pools or the GCH or under GRR or TLM. In other words, it doesn't exist.

Comment

What did you think of the actual idea? I know it's not big enough, but where would it go? (Sigh) If only we had space like Florida.
              Well, I'm very much in favor of the Gold Rush idea itself, but that really isn't original...many other MCers (myself included) have said so many times. The only new things you've brought to this thread are those that wouldn't fit.

The challenge trail itself isn't big enough to develop a grand theme like the Gold Rush, especially if you have a similar-looking National Park theme next door--it would just be an awkward little satellite from a much larger Grizzly Peak if they're not thematically connected. It would be much better to use Grizzly and the pathways around it to help with the theme, and maybe you can fit some shops around the walkway through Grizzly, which would at least give you room for a small showbuilding where the challenge trail is.

Collaborations:

Comment

If only we had space like Florida.
                I actually think the smaller more intimate space of Disneyland and DCA forces the Imagineers to be more creative.

Prime example: the queue of Indy.

Comment

I know there is no room for one more ride, but I'll post the other ride idea just for the heck of it. If we could get Wells Fargo's sponsor, we'd use them as the bank in this ride. If we can't, then we would just make up some place where you store your gold. You board your stagecoach in this thrilling ride, and discover that lots of gold has been stolen. In your stagecoach you ride everywhere in pursuit of the thief. You could have lots of animatronic figures watching in awe as you ride by. You ride through mining camps and through the middle of a boomtown. Of course at the end you catch the thief and the gold is returned to the bank. What did you think of that idea?

Comment

Yep, I would love to see an attraction take us back in time to the '49er gold rush era/western river expedition - with a little "Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin" tossed in. Even AFTER the billion plus makeover, DCA will still be lacking a more realistic all out AA attraction like Haunted Mansion and Pirates, so a Western River Expedition would add that nostalgic feel to DCA, that it is missing. Yeah Ariel and Radiator Springs are on the way, but those don't fill the void of a more realistic attraction.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I've mentioned this on a few other threads before, but I am going to repost it here in much greater detail. I know everyone is rooting for the Grizzly Peak Gold Rush makeover, but I think we should leave Grizzly Peak as is and give the Gold Rush a new land where the Challenge Trail is now. It would be DCA's alternative to New Orleans Square. It would be called San Francisco Street (the other one would be torn down.) This one would be based on when Sna Francisco was a large boomtown when the Gold Rush started.
                      There would be 2 rides, 1 restaurant, and 3 gift shops. The first ride would be a gold rushy take on Western River Expedition. You would get in your boats and take the first drop down. This ride, like Pirates would go "outside the berm." That way you do not take up to much real estate for one ride. The first major scene would be when James Marshall discovers gold near Sutter's Mill in January 1848. You would have a narrator telling you this as you pass by it. You would then go down another small drop like on Pirates. Then it would show Sam Brannan running through the streets of San Fracisco shouting about how gold had been discovered. The narrator then tells about how the news spread across the world. The next scene shows people walking across the U.S. to California. They could possibly have a man singing "Oh California" as he walks by.
                      The next scenes would show lots of miners actually mining in the flume you are riding in. The narrator would tell about the great entrepenuers of the Gold Rush and the great successes and failures of the Gold Rush. The Grand Finale would be a bunch of miners singing "Oh, California! That's the place for me! For I've come from Salem City with my washpan on my knee." You would then go up a ramp to ground level and disembark. I will tell you about my ideas for the other ride in the land soon!
                      Ok I've tried to be nice, but frankly all your "ideas" are blatant and simple apes off other people ideas or simply an obvious and uncreative. I've mentioned the above ideas before and have a thread in progress that shows some thoughtfulness, and a regard for space.

You need to come up with some original ideas my friend

Edit: As per below, yeah sorry for being mean, but you've had like 6 threads in a week all about a paragraph long with not much thought.
                      Last edited by MistaDee; 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM.
                      Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
                      Grizzly Peak Mining District

Comment

Originally posted by MistaDee View Post
                        Ok I've tried to be nice, but frankly all your "ideas" are blatant and simple apes off other people ideas or simply an obvious and uncreative. I've mentioned the above ideas before and have a thread in progress that shows some thoughtfulness, and a regard for space.

I agree not every little idea that comes to your head needs to be a thread lets put some thought and detail to these! Sorry to crush your dreams!
                        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Edit: As per below, yeah sorry for being mean, but you've had like 6 threads in a week all about a paragraph long with not much thought.
                          I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this...I didn't quite have the nerve to say it, but MistaDee has encouraged me.

Furthermore, and I know DisneyManiac gave me credit on that other thread of his, but it's pretty frustrating to do a really thorough concept with 20 original renderings, and then have someone post a one-paragraph knock-off. It is, to put it mildly, impolite.

Collaborations:

Comment

Originally posted by AGD View Post
                            I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this...I didn't quite have the nerve to say it, but MistaDee has encouraged me.

Furthermore, and I know DisneyManiac gave me credit on that other thread of his, but it's pretty frustrating to do a really thorough concept with 20 original renderings, and then have someone post a one-paragraph knock-off. It is, to put it mildly, impolite.
                            You can always trust me to be blunt!
                            Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
                            Grizzly Peak Mining District

Comment

You can always trust me to be blunt!
                              nothing is wrong with being blunt.
                              now if we can just teach ppl about the search function so we don't have 3 to 4 threads on the same subject on the same day or on the first two pages
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X