This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ModHatter
    Is there a way to connect Starcarde's 2nd Floor to the darn Space Mountain upper plaza?

Or, this would take some doing, but how about, if they redo the PeopleMover, they cut out the old loading area, have the track go directly from Buzz to Star Tours, tear out the back wall of Starcade's second floor, and create an HM-style loading area up there? Then you bulldoze the central tower and create a whole new thing in that space. Maybe similar to the Knott's XK-! concept where, instead of taking an elevator to the Rocket Jets, you board the jets at ground level and the tower itself is your elevator.
    Yeah - I was thinking about the same sort of thing - that whole plaza is unused. They seem to have a lot of unused space in the park when you add it all up...

Comment

Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
      In order to hopefully put some of these rumors or simple matters of hearsay to rest, I am fortunate enough to have the information regarding the use of that space:
      According to inside resources, Disney is planning something very special and equally cheesy for the 50th! What exactly do I mean? Glad you asked! Imagineers are currently busy working around the clock trying to duplicate, to a smaller scale, ride vehicles, characters, and scenery, from rides that have either been closed due to new attractions, or on account of a lack of P.C. (political correctness) and will be making wax models! Ever been to a Ripley's Wax Museum? Well if you have, here is a slightly more sophisticated encore!
      Apparently the procedure is going very smoothly, and they are already as far along as the Rocket Rods! And believe me, that's a lot of wax!
      LOL - I have no idea what to think about this post.

Comment

wax...statues...of...rides...?
        You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by FloggingMorgy
          wax...statues...of...rides...?
          You are absolutely correct. The statues will obviously not be full size, nor will they be of the entire attraction. Rather, they have been chosen based on their ability to please. For instance, the people mover was widely appreciated and will have atleast one, if not two, trams sculpted from wax. The Rocket Rods, while bothersome to certain guests and a money pit to the park, were innovative, sleek, and to some may have been considered a zenith when compared to other Tomorrowland attractions. They will be given an equally respectful display. This of course is not limited to Tomorrowland, but will be all-inclusive; a sort of nostalgic look at Disneylands past. And when you get bored with the wax, which I don't know how anyone could, simply turn your self around, proceed down the escalator (if out of order as they always were, temporarily stairs) and you will be transported back to the present!
          Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
            ...seeing as Disney's making "Hitchhiker's Guide", there's always "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". Now *that* would totally rock!
            Awesome idea! :bow:
            "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
              Yeah - I was thinking about the same sort of thing - that whole plaza is unused. They seem to have a lot of unused space in the park when you add it all up...
              While we're on the subject, I would love to see floorplans for the rest of the Star Tours/Starcade/SM/RRPP complex. How much of the ground floor of Mission to Mars is really taken up by RRPP? And how much space do they have to work with on the second floor, if any? Part of me wants to restore the full ground-up view of SM, but that could be SO much real estate for development.
              See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
              78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

You are absolutely correct. The statues will obviously not be full size, nor will they be of the entire attraction. Rather, they have been chosen based on their ability to please. For instance, the people mover was widely appreciated and will have atleast one, if not two, trams sculpted from wax. The Rocket Rods, while bothersome to certain guests and a money pit to the park, were innovative, sleek, and to some may have been considered a zenith when compared to other Tomorrowland attractions. They will be given an equally respectful display. This of course is not limited to Tomorrowland, but will be all-inclusive; a sort of nostalgic look at Disneylands past. And when you get bored with the wax, which I don't know how anyone could, simply turn your self around, proceed down the escalator (if out of order as they always were, temporarily stairs) and you will be transported back to the present!
                i still like my idea of a miniature and fully functional Disneyland model in there better. Maybe they could even make small people to run around the model and ride the miniature rides and watch the miniature shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_Disney
                  i still like my idea of a miniature and fully functional Disneyland model in there better. Maybe they could even make small people to run around the model and ride the miniature rides and watch the miniature shows.
                  That's what I want to build in my back yard! But can you imagine how tiny some of those Hidden Mickeys will be...

I think we should instead steal some of the remaining EPCOT models and put them on display.
                  See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                  78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Tech_Disney, I like your thinking!
                    Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

In order to hopefully put some of these rumors or simple matters of hearsay to rest, I am fortunate enough to have the information regarding the use of that space:
                      According to inside resources, Disney is planning something very special and equally cheesy for the 50th! What exactly do I mean? Glad you asked! Imagineers are currently busy working around the clock trying to duplicate, to a smaller scale, ride vehicles, characters, and scenery, from rides that have either been closed due to new attractions, or on account of a lack of P.C. (political correctness) and will be making wax models! Ever been to a Ripley's Wax Museum? Well if you have, here is a slightly more sophisticated encore!
                      Apparently the procedure is going very smoothly, and they are already as far along as the Rocket Rods! And believe me, that's a lot of wax!

:botox:

*in the Dr. Evil voice*

...... riiiiiiight......
                      "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                        Awesome idea! :bow:
                        hmm.. didn't i come up with that idea originally...

"Millieways, The resturaunt at the end of the Universe..."

and outside you could have a "Juce Bar" whihc if you can't get reservations you can still get the "Pan Galaxtic Gargle Blaster" (never use alchaholl)

Comment

That would be amazing... itslike riding the canal boats in fantasyland but in a dark showbuidling.. or somehting like peter pan in the area when youre flying past Big Ben and see all of london. I would love to ride that. Man incorporate the peoplemover and ill wait 3 hrs for that ride.. Thats the # of hrs i waited to ride RR...AAAHHH!! Anyways...make it happen guys..haha
                          We rock the party that rocks the party!
                          We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

my idea didn't have real people riding the model of disneyland. they would be little fake people so the model of disneyland didn't look deserted.

Comment

my idea didn't have real people riding the model of disneyland. they would be little fake people so the model of disneyland didn't look deserted.
                              And all this would fit tomorrowland how?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                                And all this would fit tomorrowland how?

Fit? DisCo hasn't worried about "fit" since Matterhorn was plunked down between a cartoon fairytale land and Tomorrowland.

Comment

I'm suprised so many of you would like another restaurant. Don't we have enough already? Personally, I'd like to see the arcade disappear and something more exclusive to Disneyland put in it's place. Like what you ask? Well, I don't have a specific idea, but it should be about space travel or some sort of far off technology - maybe holograms.

The more attractions that can be added to Tomorrowland that actually have something to do with the future the better.
                                  What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

Comment

Originally posted by dshimel
                                    Fit? DisCo hasn't worried about "fit" since Matterhorn was plunked down between a cartoon fairytale land and Tomorrowland.
                                    The Matterhorn is apart of Fantasyland. How is that out of place? You have flying pirate ships, driving toads, acid enduced white rabbits, and abominable snowmen.

Don't get me wrong...I like the idea of a working miniture DL, just not in TL. A fine eating establishment would be great. Not at the quality of a burger stand or even the french market for that matter. It would have to be up to the caliber of the BB. Once they get some of the rides going in the area (buzz, SM, and subs) there will be plenty of rides in that area.

Comment

If the escalator is stil functioning inside the arcade, I would like to see it still be part of the rest of the arcade with a "disney" spin on it.

How about a form of lazer tag with the possiblity of the People mover vehicles as they run by?

If not, With the queue line for Space mountain staying out on the top deck, why not theme out a better queue for Space Mountain with a few extra "goodies" to look at?
                                      "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
                                      beauties!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                                        The Matterhorn is apart of Fantasyland. How is that out of place?
                                        Well, it has alternated between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland over the years.

And, everything in Fantasyland is based on a cartoon fantasy, fairy tale world of folk lore. Matterhorn is a real place, and bobsledding is a real activity. It did get slightly more fantasy with the addition of the Yetti, but it still stands out as the only non-cartoon thing in the land.

Comment

I'm not buying this wax museum idea. If nothing else, there's no reason for them to create wax models of everything when they have everything made of the real parts.

This is the company that doesn't throw ANYTHING away from a closed attraction, no matter how old.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X