X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepless
    replied
    Originally posted by innonut99
    It was condemed in 2000 it has been fixed since then (after rocket rods closed). They are currently rebuilding the entire 2nd floor (to my knowledge... I will try to confirm this tomorrow).

The X-Wing may not be there when the walls come down
    3/10/05 the X-Wing is still there.

Leave a comment:

• innonut99
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalAustin
    Ok, here is some inside insight on Floor
    It was condemed in 2000 it has been fixed since then (after rocket rods closed). They are currently rebuilding the entire 2nd floor (to my knowledge... I will try to confirm this tomorrow).

The X-Wing may not be there when the walls come down

Leave a comment:

• Tigertail777
    replied
    as for theming with the matterhorn; it does fit fantasyland at least the newer version. Most of the fantasyland rides are set in a bavarian village setting, in fact I am fairly sure you can see the Matterhorn (or perhaps some other snow covered mountain) in the opening credits of pinnochio. I will grant you it doesnt make much sense next to the so very british Alice, but the way Alice is positioned it does block off most of the mountain view while you are in line. The stories set in england; alice, peter pan, toad are equally cleverly blocked off from the mountain, and the bavarian architecture gives way slowly to more european/english. Its a very slight transition but it is there. I think you have to more look at things in the park, not as their proximity of themes suggest, but rather how the real sightlines work in reality of walkign around. I think you will notice at least in the better done areas, that even though you may be next to the Matterhorn physically for instance, that the surroundings dont immediately give that away, and in fact hide it so things transitionally blend in from one ride to another. There ARE a few places where one theme intrudes into another, but it doesnt happen often (ahem spinning teacups would be a example) and where it does, its because consideration was given over to a view with more specatacle. Most things in Disneyland are very carefully placed so its as if you are transitioning from one movie set to another, and once on the new "set" the reality of the other sets have little to no intrusion upon the current perceived reality taking place.

Leave a comment:

• innonut99
    replied
    Originally posted by Tech_Disney
    even if it was storage or offices it would be better than just sitting there unused. Of course, I would prefer to have an attraction/eatery put up there, but offices are better than nothing.
    It currently is office space. But not for long... I believe when space reopens that area will be re-utilized like it was orginally intended...

or so a birdy told me... well have to wait and see I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Sleepless
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalAustin
    Ok, here is some inside insight on Floor 2: It was condemned by the county due to a lack of structural integrity following the high vibration generated by Rocket Rods. Surface and structural cracks began forming, and, although not in use at the time, Disney had to permaneantly close off the area. Basically all of Floor 2 in Tomorrowland is screwed... Including the platform for Rocket Rods. This is why the financial fountain has to be flowing pretty strong before we see any changes in that piece of sh-- work. And the answer is yes; Walt IS rolling in his grave... -Austin
    The second floor was no longer utilized due to damage done by the former Rocket Rods attraction. I never heard of the building being deemed unsafe by the County/State. Furthermore- I'm absolutely certain that if they 86'd an upper portion of a building because it "lacked structural integrity", I'm sure logic (and gravity) would prevail, and the bottom floor would have to be closed as well. I'm having difficulty believing most of the story- Have you ever heard the story, of not being allowed to drian the Submarine Lagoon, because the Matterhorn Bobsleds would tip over? Well your story is somewhat similar in a few ways. Inspections at the Resort are quite harsh- safety is a prime focus in all aspects, and there are very few to no risks- taken. If the strucutre to the Peoplemover platform was damaged there would be no smoking section right under it. I want you to think along the lines of the Plaza Pavillion complex which includes Plaza Pavillion, Enchanted Tiki Room, Dole Juice Bar, and Aladdin's Oasis. That's just a small example of how seriously Disney takes the health department and OSHA, DOSH.

Leave a comment:

• Sleepless
    replied
    queue

Nevermind...I just realized that someone posted that info already.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    Wait... you mean the rocket rods... the 25 million dollar ride... destroyed the second story... then why isn't the first story condemed as well... (due to the second story fallig in??)

I think if it is like that...hmm... Demo work anyone.... We could celebrate the fourth early...

Leave a comment:

• SoCalAustin
    replied
    Ok, here is some inside insight on Floor 2: It was condemned by the county due to a lack of structural integrity following the high vibration generated by Rocket Rods. Surface and structural cracks began forming, and, although not in use at the time, Disney had to permaneantly close off the area. Basically all of Floor 2 in Tomorrowland is screwed... Including the platform for Rocket Rods. This is why the financial fountain has to be flowing pretty strong before we see any changes in that piece of sh-- work. And the answer is yes; Walt IS rolling in his grave... -Austin

Leave a comment:

• Tech_Disney
    replied
    Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    And all this would fit tomorrowland how?
    If you mean fit as in size, then i am talking about a highly scaled down model of the resort. If however, you are talking about how would it fit into the themeing (which I'm assuming you are) you could say the future is in miniaturization as in making technology and moving parts smaller. Some of the ideas of miniaturization come from the decrease in sizes of cell phones, computers, PDAs, etc.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied
    I'm not buying this wax museum idea. If nothing else, there's no reason for them to create wax models of everything when they have everything made of the real parts.

This is the company that doesn't throw ANYTHING away from a closed attraction, no matter how old.

Leave a comment:

• dshimel
    replied
    The Matterhorn is apart of Fantasyland. How is that out of place?
    Well, it has alternated between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland over the years.

And, everything in Fantasyland is based on a cartoon fantasy, fairy tale world of folk lore. Matterhorn is a real place, and bobsledding is a real activity. It did get slightly more fantasy with the addition of the Yetti, but it still stands out as the only non-cartoon thing in the land.

Leave a comment:

• Soarin' ain't Borin'
    replied
    If the escalator is stil functioning inside the arcade, I would like to see it still be part of the rest of the arcade with a "disney" spin on it.

How about a form of lazer tag with the possiblity of the People mover vehicles as they run by?

If not, With the queue line for Space mountain staying out on the top deck, why not theme out a better queue for Space Mountain with a few extra "goodies" to look at?

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    Originally posted by dshimel
    Fit? DisCo hasn't worried about "fit" since Matterhorn was plunked down between a cartoon fairytale land and Tomorrowland.
    The Matterhorn is apart of Fantasyland. How is that out of place? You have flying pirate ships, driving toads, acid enduced white rabbits, and abominable snowmen.

Don't get me wrong...I like the idea of a working miniture DL, just not in TL. A fine eating establishment would be great. Not at the quality of a burger stand or even the french market for that matter. It would have to be up to the caliber of the BB. Once they get some of the rides going in the area (buzz, SM, and subs) there will be plenty of rides in that area.

Leave a comment:

• yensid98
    replied
    I'm suprised so many of you would like another restaurant. Don't we have enough already? Personally, I'd like to see the arcade disappear and something more exclusive to Disneyland put in it's place. Like what you ask? Well, I don't have a specific idea, but it should be about space travel or some sort of far off technology - maybe holograms.

The more attractions that can be added to Tomorrowland that actually have something to do with the future the better.

Leave a comment:

• dshimel
    replied

Fit? DisCo hasn't worried about "fit" since Matterhorn was plunked down between a cartoon fairytale land and Tomorrowland.

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    my idea didn't have real people riding the model of disneyland. they would be little fake people so the model of disneyland didn't look deserted.

Leave a comment:

• Tech_Disney
    replied
    my idea didn't have real people riding the model of disneyland. they would be little fake people so the model of disneyland didn't look deserted.

Leave a comment:

• XCLIPSE129
    replied
    i still like my idea of a miniature and fully functional Disneyland model in there better. Maybe they could even make small people to run around the model and ride the miniature rides and watch the miniature shows.
    That would be amazing... itslike riding the canal boats in fantasyland but in a dark showbuidling.. or somehting like peter pan in the area when youre flying past Big Ben and see all of london. I would love to ride that. Man incorporate the peoplemover and ill wait 3 hrs for that ride.. Thats the # of hrs i waited to ride RR...AAAHHH!! Anyways...make it happen guys..haha

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Chaney
    Awesome idea! :bow:
    hmm.. didn't i come up with that idea originally...

"Millieways, The resturaunt at the end of the Universe..."

and outside you could have a "Juce Bar" whihc if you can't get reservations you can still get the "Pan Galaxtic Gargle Blaster" (never use alchaholl)

Leave a comment:

• E-ticket
    replied
    Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
    In order to hopefully put some of these rumors or simple matters of hearsay to rest, I am fortunate enough to have the information regarding the use of that space:
    According to inside resources, Disney is planning something very special and equally cheesy for the 50th! What exactly do I mean? Glad you asked! Imagineers are currently busy working around the clock trying to duplicate, to a smaller scale, ride vehicles, characters, and scenery, from rides that have either been closed due to new attractions, or on account of a lack of P.C. (political correctness) and will be making wax models! Ever been to a Ripley's Wax Museum? Well if you have, here is a slightly more sophisticated encore!
    Apparently the procedure is going very smoothly, and they are already as far along as the Rocket Rods! And believe me, that's a lot of wax!

:botox:

*in the Dr. Evil voice*

...... riiiiiiight......

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X