This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] World of Color Platform

Ok...so don't mock me, because I'm sure this has been covered before. I was wondering if the WOC platform will be sub-merged during the day/night when the show isn't "on"?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Re: World of Color Platform

Yes it will be completely under water except during the show and the water will become more blue so you cannot see any of it under water.

Comment

Here's my rendition of what ICe101 said.

(Disclaimer: I am not a professional artist. You have been warned! )

The World of Color platform has 3 modes: "Maintenance", "Show", and "Sleep" (idk what to call it). What we are currently seeing is "maintenance". Everything is out of the water for construction, tweaking, and programming.

Once everything is done and we start counting down the days until the show opens, the platform will be lowered to "sleep" mode. The platform will be completely submerged under the water (which will have been dyed) and never been seen by us again during DCA operating hours (under normal circumstances).

When it's showtime the platform will rise up to "show" level. The platform itself will still be under the water but the nozzle heads will be peaking out.

At the conclusion of the show everything goes back under the water until the next show.

EDIT: My drawings look like they were made by a Preschooler with ADD on crack...and I'm ok with that

Comment

Close but not quite. The X joints arn't holding it up, they are free-floating, the x-joints just keep the platform aligned.

Comment

Of course the platform is going to be submerged under water in the daytime. Why would they show all this hideous looking mechanic things.

One good example, is the Las Vegas Belligio Water Fountain Show.

When the show is over the platform is submerged, then 1 min before the show start the nozzles are raised out of the water only. You will not see the platform at all only the water nozzles.
          My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
          http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
            Close but not quite. The X joints arn't holding it up, they are free-floating, the x-joints just keep the platform aligned.
            Yeah I know that. The OP was about whether or not the platform will be visible during non-show periods and I didn't want to go into the unnecessary details like how the platform will be raised/lowered or its composition. My drawings were never meant to be technically/structurally exact. They were only meant to be a visual manifestation of someone's text based explanation.

The scissor lifts are used to keep the platform locked at whatever level it is currently at and are keeping the platform above the water in the current maintenance level (assisted by the buoyancy created by the ballasts underneath the platform). Ultimately the platform is connected to the lifts which are anchored to the sea/lagoon/bay floor.

Comment

Thanks for the answers! I wanted to know as well...

Comment

Thanks so much!!
                Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                  Yeah I know that. The OP was about whether or not the platform will be visible during non-show periods and I didn't want to go into the unnecessary details like how the platform will be raised/lowered or its composition. My drawings were never meant to be technically/structurally exact. They were only meant to be a visual manifestation of someone's text based explanation.

The scissor lifts are used to keep the platform locked at whatever level it is currently at and are keeping the platform above the water in the current maintenance level (assisted by the buoyancy created by the ballasts underneath the platform). Ultimately the platform is connected to the lifts which are anchored to the sea/lagoon/bay floor.
                  I have No picture of Scissor Jack install, So I think WOC use them
                  But "what see that WOC use Screw jack or cable to lock platform in place.

like (O) Cirque du Soleil Show at bellagoio use water and Platform and a lot of Screw jack that you can swim under the platform.

There are a lot Air box for buoyancy
                  AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                  Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                  Older photo
                  New Photo

Member of
                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                  Next trip
                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Yes, WoC uses scissor lifts. No cables or screw lifts. But as noted, the lifts exist only to hold the platforms and keep them from drifting and to lock them in place at show or maint. levels. Everything else is done with air tanks and floaters.

Comment

It is good to see people discussing DCA projects in these last ten post since the project tracker has been pages of bickering over sitelines LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                        It is good to see people discussing DCA projects in these last ten post since the project tracker has been pages of bickering over sitelines LOL

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                          When it's showtime the platform will rise up to "show" level. The platform itself will still be under the water but the nozzle heads will be peaking out.

Fixed it for ya..

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                            Yes it will be completely under water except during the show and the water will become more blue so you cannot see any of it under water.
                            How will the water be more blue?

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                              Fixed it for ya..

Nice!

Originally posted by DisneyRicky View Post
                              How will the water be more blue?
                              It'll be dyed just like ROA/JC/etc although the exact color is debatable and yet to be determined.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X