Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WoC seating area

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] WoC seating area

    So my son and I were discussing this, theoretically, since it's not up and running yet. We understand from reading something here that there will be show passes issued, a predetermined number. Then from there is will be festival seating rather that assigned. Assuming this. So the better seats will be gained by the earliest arrivals after the seating area is opened for the evening show. beyond that ropes will be up to guide/aid in preventing blockage to through traffic while people stake out viewing positions through out the area.

    Is this a genral concensus, or am I off-base?


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  • #2
    Re: WoC seating area

    I was under the impression that it was a "standing" area.
    I want my cake back!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: WoC seating area

      Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
      I was under the impression that it was a "standing" area.
      Really!? So you figure it will be a "sit until CM's tell you to stand" situation like with fireworks general viewing? I seem to remember being able to sit on the ground during Fantasmic many years ago.


      "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

      -Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: WoC seating area

        Originally posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
        Really!? So you figure it will be a "sit until CM's tell you to stand" situation like with fireworks general viewing? I seem to remember being able to sit on the ground during Fantasmic many years ago.
        There are spaces at Fantasmic! where you can sit. I don't know the area well enough to be able to say where those are, but I've sat and stood for Fantasmic! before.

        I imagine with railings, walls, and maybe planter boxes that Paradise Park will be somewhat similar - occasional sitting, mostly standing.
        *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
        *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
        *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: WoC seating area

          You're right which kind of makes the Showpass system dumb. There will still be those waiting out.


          The whole guests control concept for World of Color is really unappealing to me. I hate the idea of Showpass. I can't believe that the whole show will be standing only. The structures and trees in the viewing are sure to obstruct views for smaller guests. Sorry Disney, you had a great idea but executed it very poorly in my opinion.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: WoC seating area

            Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
            You're right which kind of makes the Showpass system dumb. There will still be those waiting out.


            The whole guests control concept for World of Color is really unappealing to me. I hate the idea of Showpass. I can't believe that the whole show will be standing only. The structures and trees in the viewing are sure to obstruct views for smaller guests. Sorry Disney, you had a great idea but executed it very poorly in my opinion.
            Agreed I have young children and they always have a tough time seeing because someone will come up late after we have waited for a good spot and stand right in front of them! the area is teired which should lend itself to sitting to enjoy the show but all of the park features like trees and handrails are sure to create obstructions to the viewing!
            BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: WoC seating area

              It kind of defeats the purpose of a viewing area to have it all standing..

              The whole park should have been seating only. And on top of that, blow up those stupid shade structures. In the day, have fanciful umbrellas, or heck, Disney if you want to spend some money Disney, put the trees in plants that lower so they look like bushes at night.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: WoC seating area

                Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                It kind of defeats the purpose of a viewing area to have it all standing..

                The whole park should have been seating only.

                Its all to maximize how many guest can be in the area. if it was ALL seating there would be a few thousand less people than there would be if it were standing. They are going to want to have as many people as possible there so that it can meet the demand.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: WoC seating area

                  Originally posted by DL2006 View Post
                  Its all to maximize how many guest can be in the area. if it was ALL seating there would be a few thousand less people than there would be if it were standing. They are going to want to have as many people as possible there so that it can meet the demand.
                  I can tell you one thing. The child that stands to see Fantasmic, is not as impressed as the child that sits and watches Fantasmic. There is a difference in guests satisfaction because it is easier to see. They should have designed the viewing area to be seating only, and everything behind it to be standing.

                  Apparently Disney is now about "MORE MORE MORE" instead of providing guests with the bests experience.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: WoC seating area

                    Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                    I can tell you one thing. The child that stands to see Fantasmic, is not as impressed as the child that sits and watches Fantasmic. There is a difference in guests satisfaction because it is easier to see. They should have designed the viewing area to be seating only, and everything behind it to be standing.

                    Apparently Disney is now about "MORE MORE MORE" instead of providing guests with the bests experience.
                    Exactly right. Standing for the Fireworks or Fantasmic fits those venues -- their viewing areas have a feeling of informality to them. A kind of "first come, first served" sensibility surrounds both shows.

                    WOC is different. The organization of Showpass and the formality of a defined stadium viewing area feels more like a ticketed concert venue, which means seating. Even some kind of simple bench seating. But standing? It feels like it will cheapen the show.

                    Not to mention that after a day at Disneyland, footsore families and their tired kids are going to want to sit down.

                    Yes, standing allows Disney to jam more people into each showing -- but it still won't allow everyone who wants to see it, to get in. So you wind up cheapening the experience for those who can get in.

                    It feels to me like more of the Sardines-in-a-Can philosophy that Disney seems to love, with its cheap AP passes and endless promotions.

                    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                    - Neil Gabler

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: WoC seating area

                      Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                      I can tell you one thing. The child that stands to see Fantasmic, is not as impressed as the child that sits and watches Fantasmic. There is a difference in guests satisfaction because it is easier to see. They should have designed the viewing area to be seating only, and everything behind it to be standing.

                      Apparently Disney is now about "MORE MORE MORE" instead of providing guests with the bests experience.

                      Well Steve Davison HAS said that unlike Fantasmic where lots of the effects are not up high WOC is up in the air so it doesn't matter if you are sitting or standing or a child or whatnot because you will still be able to see. This is all just a matter of comfort for 25 min.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: WoC seating area

                        Who knows really about the whole showpass system. It has been breifly brought up and I imagine that there is a lot more detail than what we have been told so far. I would like for it to go off of first come first serve basis, meaning that if I got one of the first show passes, then I'd be in the first tier of the viewing area. Who knows though it may be that you're on a certain tier in a certain location.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: WoC seating area

                          Originally posted by DL2006 View Post
                          This is all just a matter of comfort for 25 min.
                          Add to WOC's showtime the time spent waiting to get into the viewing area, and exiting after the show, and it's going to be a lot more than 25 minutes of being on your feet.

                          It's not "just a matter of comfort." It's a question of showmanship. Disney builds a multi-million dollar special effects extravaganza, then forces the audience to jam together on their feet like a New York subway at rush hour.

                          And no doubt kids itself into believing it's all in the name of "enhancing our guests' experience."

                          Dumb.

                          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                          - Neil Gabler

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: WoC seating area

                            When Fantasmic started it was standing room only. Honestly its the only way to fit all the people that have come to see the show.

                            I am guessing when WOC opens you will be able to sit, but when it gets closer to showtime they will ask people to stand. Just like the fireworks.

                            As time goes on I expect there to be seating areas for WOC, but not for the 1st year.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: WoC seating area

                              Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                              You're right which kind of makes the Showpass system dumb. There will still be those waiting out.

                              The structures and trees in the viewing are sure to obstruct views for smaller guests. Sorry Disney, you had a great idea but executed it very poorly in my opinion.
                              I think you need to have a look at the concept model again, there isn't a tree in sight:



                              Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                              And on top of that, blow up those stupid shade structures. In the day, have fanciful umbrellas, or heck, Disney if you want to spend some money Disney, put the trees in plants that lower so they look like bushes at night.
                              Oh really? You mean umbrellas like these?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X