This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Pin Collectors!

How in the hell do you get the pins off when they have that "locking" backing?

I'm at a loss. Anyone got advice?

Thanks!!!!! :ap:

Re: Question for Pin Collectors!

Is this like having your weewee caught in your zipper?

Comment

Similar, but less bloody....

Comment

Well didn't you get a little hex wrench with your locking pin backs? If you still have it, just use that to unscrew the little screw on the side.

Failing that, you can usually pick up a little set of hex wrenches at a hardware store. Just make sure there's a teeny one.

Comment

Do they make locking zippers?

Comment

Originally posted by General You
            Do they make locking zippers?
            I think they called those chastity belts in the dark ages -- No?

Spacemoutain85:

Thanks for the info. No, no little wrench. I need to get this dumb pins off my perfectly good lanyard.

Comment

Yeah, the locks should have came with a hex-wrench. Those things are hard to get on and get off. They are a pain especially when trading, but they do keep them from falling off!
              My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

Comment

I haven't got a clue what the intial poster is talking about and I collect them damn pins!!!

Comment

Just find the smallest Allen (sp) wrench possible, that should do the trick. Also next time your at the park, try one of the big pin locations like Store Command or Bonanza Outfitters, I could only guess that they should have extra stuff laying around.
                  The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I haven't got a clue what the intial poster is talking about and I collect them damn pins!!!
                    Locking pin backs are small, gold tubes that slide over the pin's stem; here's a photo. There's a tiny screw built into the side of the pin back that you tighten down to clamp onto the pin's stem. They provide a VERY secure lock, ensuring you pin will not accidentally come off. Unfortunately, the stems sometimes poke out through the end, scratching you, others, or other pins you happen to be wearing. They also pinch and/or chew up the stems if you clamp down too tight.

I'll never use them again; a fresh, rubber pinback is still the best way to go.
                    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Oh I see.... THANKS! I have seen those locks for sale but it never dawned on me that it would be an extra precaution lock.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksliver1022
                        Yeah, the locks should have came with a hex-wrench. Those things are hard to get on and get off. They are a pain especially when trading, but they do keep them from falling off!
                        Okaaayyyy... If you are planning on trading a pin why would you put a locking back on it?? I only use the locks on pins I have no intention of trading.
                        You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas

How did you get the locking back on to begin with if you don't know about the Allen wrench??????
                          You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas

i'd start with dinner and a movie.:evil:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MinionLumbo
                              i'd start with dinner and a movie.:evil:
                              Oh, that's bad! )
                              Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X