Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't they rent out the Dream Suite?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why don't they rent out the Dream Suite?

I mean, from a guests point of view, anyway DLR can generate extra revenues that can save "US" on reducing price AP's, merchandise, etc... I say do it.

If the rich can afford to spend $1000.00-$2000.00 to to stay there -- let 'em. It's not like it's a sacred like the apartment above the firehouse at DL, or the Lincoln bedroom at the Whitehouse.... it's a just another fancy room!

Am I wrong here?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Why don't they rent out the Dream Suite?

I think it's just a matter of time.

I think they aren't doing it yet because during the year of a million dreams, they did advertise it as an experience that money can't buy, so perhaps they will eventually allow people to rent it, but not for a while. Also my guess is that if they do allow for it to be rented out, it would be pricey and exclusive to d23, i mean club 33, members lol

Comment

I hope they would! It does seem like something really exclusive though, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't rent it out..I guess it wouldn't surprise me if they did rent it out so it goes both ways.

It does kind of bother me that Disney would spend so much renovating that space, moving the Disney Gallery, and then not use the room after the year of a million dreams is over..Yeah having the dream suite is a very cool thing, but all in all seems like kind of a waste if it is just going to sit there.
      :ap: Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!! :ap:

Comment

It's still being used......
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy View Post
          It's still being used......
          Really? What for?
          :ap: Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
            Really? What for?
            I'm sure the important figures of Disney use it. For example, I heard John Lassetter used it.

Also, during the D23 event at disneyland (now this is completely just a thought and could be right or wrong), Richard Sherman was present and being that he had to be at the park early the next day, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney let him spend the night at the suite.

It's not open to guests, but most definitely, important Disney employees do.

Comment

I'm thankful Disney gave everyone an equal chance to win the Dream Suite...even if it was only for a year.
              Originally posted by Grumpee
              I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Lasseter uses it a lot apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
                  I'm thankful Disney gave everyone an equal chance to win the Dream Suite...even if it was only for a year.
                  That coming from one of the rare lucky winners!
                  You are a very lucky guy, did you ever do a trip report about it with pics?

Comment

They still use it to schmooze clients, hold giveaways at different events, reward people within the company, and (most importantly IMHO) donate nights to charities such as the Make a Wish Foundation.
                    -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
                    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                      That coming from one of the rare lucky winners!
                      You are a very lucky guy, did you ever do a trip report about it with pics?
                      I did make a trip report with photos.

Comment

I think it should continue to be awarded to a lucky guest every day... quietly. Without fanfare. They should just find a lucky guest/family in the parks that day and let them spend the night there. That would be a true Disney moment. It's not for publicity, not part of a PR stunt, not a "promotion" of any kind, just something truly special and magical for you and your family.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I would be *highly* surprised if they don't rent it out--but only to the truly rich and famous (the folks who don't stand in line). Just as the perks of behind the scenes access and automatic loading onto rides isn't advertised to the general public, I imagine the same is true for renting out the suite.

Between impressing potential bigwigs they want to work with and renting out to the elite, I imagine the suite has little opportunity to be rented out to the rest of us.

It's sad to me, as the space before was available to nearly all visitors, but I imagine for Disney it's pretty profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
                            I did make a trip report with photos.
                            I will search for that, I always wondered what the inside looked like, especially coming from one of our very own.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                              I will search for that, I always wondered what the inside looked like, especially coming from one of our very own.
                              My bad. Here you go....
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...eam-suite.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X