Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] "Captain EO Tribute" edited??

I just got back from the Park after watching the Captain EO tribute, and I seemed to remember different parts, that are not in the current version tribute. Can someone help me regain my memory? For example, I thought in the original show, "Pooter" farts, and left a billowing yellow gas cloud in 3-D, at which point the theatre had a smell to it?
    I also seem to recall other slight differences, but I would like to hear if anyone else noticed ANY changes or edits? Did Pooter cut cheese in the original, or is it my foul imagination?

Re: "Captain EO Tribute" edited??

You're thinking of the stink bug from It's Tough to Be a Bug. 4D effects at the time of Captain EO still didn't rely so much on smells, air, and water as the newer shows do.

Comment

They do that in the It's Tough To Be A Bug show. I don't remember that happening in EO though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick View Post
        For example, I thought in the original show, "Pooter" farts, and left a billowing yellow gas cloud in 3-D, at which point the theatre had a smell to it?
        I also seem to recall other slight differences, but I would like to hear if anyone else noticed ANY changes or edits? Did Pooter cut cheese in the original, or is it my foul imagination?
        I do not remember that and I was there on opening night. There is the yellow goo that he throws at commander Boggs (sp?) the hologram.

As for what is different there are many special effects that are missing. Such as the lasers and other fog effects. The movie it self seems that same from my memory... and does it look dated.
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

They are correct, this never happened. Also, his name is Hooter, not pooter.

Comment

The only edit to the film was the removal of the credits.

There are two prints of EO, a 4:3 full frame one with credits (which is what originally showed in the park) and a 16:9 70MM print (which is what the Tribute is using).

Originally "Another Part of Me" played over the credits and the song was playing in the exit queue so it's continual as you leave the theater.

In Tribute, since they are using the 70MM print that doesn't have the credits, the movie fades to the EO logo and the music fades out as well, but they have the exit queue music playing which ruins that effect of continuous music as you leave.
            Last edited by ManaByte; 03-14-2010, 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
              The only edit to the film was the removal of the credits.

There are two prints of EO, a 4:3 full frame one with credits (which is what originally showed in the park) and a 16:9 70MM print (which is what the Tribute is using).

Originally "Another Part of Me" played over the credits and the song was playing in the exit queue so it's continual as you leave the theater.

In Tribute, since they are using the 70MM print that doesn't have the credits, the movie fades to the EO logo and the music fades out as well, but they have the exit queue music playing which ruins that effect of continuous music as you leave.
              Not quite, the theater did use the 70mm version, and it never had credits at the end. I distinctly remember when the ship flies off, the stars reappeared, and lasers shot at them in beat with the music. The lights turned back on, and the music continued as we exited the theater. It was perfectly synced. Since it's now a tribute that was thrown together in such a short amount of time, there are no more stars, no more lasers, and no audio syncs, so they just threw in the new logo and faded the music out. But that's how it was when it was first playing there.

The 4:3 version you are referring to is the version made for MTV back in the day, which conformed to standard television. That one has credits, with stars coming towards the screen, because it was made for home viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
                Completely unrelated to your post or this thread but your signature picture is awesome.
                "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
                1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick View Post
                  I just got back from the Park after watching the Captain EO tribute, and I seemed to remember different parts, that are not in the current version tribute. Can someone help me regain my memory? For example, I thought in the original show, "Pooter" farts, and left a billowing yellow gas cloud in 3-D, at which point the theatre had a smell to it?
                  What are your other slight differences and then maybe we can help you.
                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by David1984 View Post
                    Also, his name is Hooter, not pooter.
                    I just laughed at this.

^Art by me!
                    Check out my
                    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                    Visit my
                    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X