X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Underworld

Hey Everyone,

I know that there's an underworld to Disneyland, and I would like to know if anyone can tell about what it looks like. Pictures would be greatly appreciated!
    Don't forget the rules on Micechat! We need to work together to make sure this is the happiest place in cyberspace!

Starting Summer 2019: All photos available on my Instagram account

Re: Disneyland Underworld

From the old Rocket Rods queue:

^Staircase to BLAB exit

^Center of the underground hallway

^Looking towards the load area

Comment

I am very confused, can you rephrase the question?

Comment

I believe here is a "world" under Disneyland where most employees interact. Can anyone post pictures of this place?
        Don't forget the rules on Micechat! We need to work together to make sure this is the happiest place in cyberspace!

Comment

I read somewhere that the "underground town," that you refer to is just a myth. I think Disney World has tunnels and what not. Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

The only underground "worlds" in DL I can think of are the NOS Main Kitchen and the tunnels under Innoventions and TL Terrace. Magic Kingdom in WDW has the Utilidors under almost the entire park.

Comment

I think you're confused with Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. The Utilidors is a system of underground utility corridors that cast members can use to navigate through the parks. The Utilidors is like the "first floor" and the guests are on the "second floor."

It's accessible through tours (which you have to be over 16 to take.)

Disneyland does not have this kind of system. I believe the inspiration for the Utilidors happened when Walt saw a cast member dressed as a cowboy walking through Disneyland's Tomorrowland to reach his station in Frontierland, and he realized that this lessens the guest's experience.
              -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                Magic Kingdom in WDW has the Utilidors under almost the entire park.
                I just read about it here

Comment

This myth just won't die will it? There is no system of tunnels under Disneyland. There are a couple of underground passageways in Tomorrowland, but that's it. The Magic Kingdom at WDW has a system of underground corridors called "Utilidors" used for moving CMs and supplies from backstage to on stage locations.
                  Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

The only underground "worlds" in DL I can think of are the NOS Main Kitchen and the tunnels under Innoventions and TL Terrace. Magic Kingdom in WDW has the Utilidors under almost the entire park.
                    I think the idea of having a central food service location that could service several restaurants was tested with New Orleans Square, and then later used in the Utilidors, so that makes sense.
                    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyRicky View Post
                      I just read about it here
                      That's Walt Disney World in Florida, not Disneyland.
                      -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

I just figured that out! I am such a Wumbo!

Comment

But the pics dfan posted are cool....let's just all say that THAT is what you meant and forget this ever happened?
                          My mind won't rest
                          and I don't sleep
                          Not even in my dreams...
                          -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                          written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                          1985-2005

Comment

wumbo, wumboing, wumbology?, the study of wumbo?, its first grade...
                            Originally posted by Coheteboy
                            "Where are your hands?"

"Between these two pillows"

"THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!"

Comment

dfan07,
                              How did you get these pictures?

Comment

As many others have correctly said, there is no underground labyrinth beneath all of Disneyland. Just some basements, a few tunnels, and the rather large underground kitchen facility for New Orleans Square. However, that doesn't mean there just aren't many backstage areas - on the contrary, the park is surrounded by a veritable moat of backstage areas, with the only break in them being the entrance esplanade. You can see these in aerial photos wrapping all around the park. (Check out the "Bird's Eye" photos, too.) Moreover, there are smaller pockets of backstage surrounded by onstage areas inside the park, the largest of which is between Space Mountain and Main Street. And, of course, nearly every indoor attraction has its backstage areas - electrical rooms, cast member break rooms, and so forth. These aren't generally visible in aerial photos, though, of course.

Comment

dfan07,
                                  How did you get these pictures?
                                  Piece Of History pin release in October. There's another staircase leading into Store Command.

Comment

I just figured that out! I am such a Wumbo!
                                    Originally posted by waddahell View Post
                                    wumbo, wumboing, wumbology?, the study of wumbo?, its first grade...
                                    You know: you wumbo, I wumbo; he, she, me: wumbo. Wumbo, wumboing, wumbology: the study of wumbo! It's first grade, Spongebob.

That's my time explaining it for the month. Come back in April if you don't understand.

It's worth noting that Epcot also has underground Utilidors, but only under the two Innoventions buildings and the plaza, and the entrance/exit corridor leads between the Universe of Energy and the Entrance. Utilidors aren't needed anywhere else in Epcot because all of the other attractions are on the perimeter of the guest areas- backstage areas can just weave behind.
                                    -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

Piece Of History pin release in October. There's another staircase leading into Store Command.
                                      Those pictures are of the old Rocket Rods queue which ran underground from the Circlevision queue space to the load tower. They are in no way connected to any of the rest of the tunnels under Disneyland.

Comment

I have question is the rocket rod queue still there?
                                        sigpicWhat?!?! Birth By Sleep is only coming out on the PSP?!?! It's the end of the world!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X