Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be used in the people mover's place?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Could this be used in the people mover's place?

GM EN-V: The Pac-Man-Like Future Of Urban Travel? - Gm en-v - Jalopnik

Re: Could this be used in the people mover's place?

How about in place of the Autopia cars instead? It is futuristic and it has a nice contemporary design.
    Last edited by kibia16; 03-24-2010, 08:28 AM.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

Comment

If you have the money, go ahead!

Comment

hehe, I thought the Smartcar was the worst car to have an accident in.....

(on topic) It would be neat to see those on the People Mover track indeed. But imagine the cost to bring it back, to get a contract and installing all of those.
        It would be a nice replacement though.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

Comment

Those vehicles are cool. I would welcome it .. but a modified version that sticks 2,3,or 4 together in one train .. to get the capacity numbers up. Space each one out a bit. Make the design a little different. Not a carbon copy. And make them some very bright vibrant colors! Red, Yellow, Green, Purple. I yearn for the sight of bright colors gliding along that overhead track!
          MY SIGNATURE:
          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyTrains View Post
            hehe, I thought the Smartcar was the worst car to have an accident in.....
            The walnut-shell like frame on the smart car gives it a 5 star rating - which is a higher crash rating than certain American-made mini-vans and SUVs.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

if the lid was closed, no
              open, it could
              Quote by Al:
              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
              -Al Lutz

Comment

That would be neat. I think with the top it could be used for certain inside effects on the ride kind of like 3D glasses that sort of thing. But no top would be just as cool. Good find.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                  The walnut-shell like frame on the smart car gives it a 5 star rating - which is a higher crash rating than certain American-made mini-vans and SUVs.
                  I don't know about that. After seeing the crash test footage from England... it totally changed my mind about getting a Smart Car. (I was seriously looking into buying one). The thing completely disintegrated at 50 mph after being driven into a stationary barrier.
                  Originally posted by migo
                  I poop with joy!
                  Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                    if the lid was closed, no
                    open, it could
                    But then how can WDI design a way .. so us monkeys don't stick our arms, head, whatever .. outside the cabin ... Which is has got to be one of the biggest "sticking points" to why nothing has been done thus far?

EDIT POST:
                    Just came to me - probably a lap bar that keeps us firmly in our seats.

Just makes me wonder .. what in the heck is really going on at WDI. I want to have faith they are working on a new concept for the Peoplemover track. This has just been going on for far too long! (10 years to be exact!)
                    MY SIGNATURE:
                    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                      But then how can WDI design a way .. so us monkeys don't stick our arms, head, whatever .. outside the cabin ... Which is has got to be one of the biggest "sticking points" to why nothing has been done thus far?

EDIT POST:
                      Just came to me - probably a lap bar that keeps us firmly in our seats.

Just makes me wonder .. what in the heck is really going on at WDI. I want to have faith they are working on a new concept for the Peoplemover track. This has just been going on for far too long! (10 years to be exact!)
                      It's to small of a vehicle for the top to be closed. I'm not claustrophobic, but that looks like to small of a closed in space for two people.
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

looks like Urkle's car from Family Matters...lol but i do love the idea for people mover but really Autopia would be amazing
                        follow me on twitter mrhankyjr

Comment

Interesting design!! Reminds me of the monorail!! New vehicles with that pod design on the people mover track would be excellent!!

Comment

Nope. Too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by PeopleMover Eric View Post
                              Nope. Too expensive.
                              If you are looking at all the controls on that console .. I would think all that would not be part of this "New Peoplemover" as the vehicles we are looking at here ... are meant to drive like a car.

I think what we are looking at here .... is the general basic layout. The shape, having two seats side-by-side.

All the "chassis" work underneath would be radically different - as it would be mounted to a specific rail laid out on the track.

Fun conversation ... but it's a moot discussion .. as I get a feeling ... WDI is already past all logistical issues .. and have something in mind now.

Now .. we just wait on pins and needles what it is!!
                              MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X