Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredible home movies from Disneyland 1956! Incredible footage.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Incredible home movies from Disneyland 1956! Incredible footage.

Hello Friends.
    This may have been discussed a while back although for anyone interested in seeing a glimpse of true Disneyland from a guests perspective in 1956, you have got to check out these two film reels that were posted by Jeff Altman on Vimeo. Jeff's grandfather shot the film in 16mm back in 1956, in the past few years, Jeff has digitized the video and posted them onto Vimeo. It is a true treat to be-able to watch these treasures, I am sure you will agree.

This is very very high quality film!!!! Not the usual "home movie from the 1950's look"

Film Reel 1 with a very moving soundtrack
    Home Movies At DisneyLand - 1956 on Vimeo

Film Reel 2 with lots of incredible 1956 Frontier-land footage
    Home Movies At DisneyLand - 1956 **Part Two** on Vimeo

Here is another gem In December 2008,This home movie "Disneyland Dream" was named to the National Film Registry by the Librarian of Congress.

Home Film documenting family trip to Disneyland from 1956!!
    this film is INCREDIBLE!! There is so much narrated footage of Disneyland from 1956 it is really very special, well worth a complete watch with the kids or loved ones!
    Internet Archive: Free Download: Disneyland Dream

Walt on the Matterhorn! Along with a interesting Choir on the MarkTwain!
    Old Disneyland Montage with Walt on Matterhorn etc.

Another home movie with great old footage from the park in the 70's
    YouTube- Disneyland Home Movies
    Last edited by CAspace; 03-30-2010, 04:36 PM.

Re: Incredible home movies from Disneyland 1956! Incredible footage.

Thanks for sharing the link! Amazing footage of what Disneyland was like in the 50s!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Wow. Those are amazing, it's like stepping back in time. Very nice find. Wow.

Comment

The quality is incredible. Jeff is training to be a color corrector and you can really tell by what a fantastic transfer he was able to accomplish with these clips. I can watch the films over and over and look for little things captured, the types of clothes people are wearing, trying to imagine what things were like back then. It really is awesome, there must be lots more of this stuff out there, let's find as much as possible and post them here!

Comment

Those were really great.

It's 16 miles to Disneyland, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit It.

sigpic

Comment

Those are amazing! I can't believe the quality, very cool. I think it's neat you can really get a sense of how busy Disneyland is from all the skyway shots. When you are down on the ground you are only aware of what's immediately around you, I sure wish we had the skyway still.
            Yaye!

Comment

Truly excellent! Definitely a superb transfer, and the footage itself is a lot of fun to watch. Amazing how for all its early shortcomings, Disneyland had so much heart from the get-go.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                Truly excellent! Definitely a superb transfer, and the footage itself is a lot of fun to watch. Amazing how for all its early shortcomings, Disneyland had so much heart from the get-go.
                I want to see more!!! I have been scouring the web and have found a few other home films but none near the quality of these. I reckon not many folks shot home films in 16mm nor transfered the long lost footage on a high quality multi million dollar film scanner with Divinci color
                correction! Truly a treasure!

Comment

That's so amazing! Thank youuuu for posting.

Comment

quite spectacular
                    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

1956; That's the year I was born.

Absolutely amazing how much the park has changed, as well as how much of it is still the same.

Some of the original stuff is indeed timeless, and I hope it remains forever.

Rob

Comment

Yeah, it's good stuff. Good enough that this is the 4th reposting of it

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...d-threads.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...nd-1956-a.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...d-footage.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...eo-form-2.html

Comment

wow, I've always wondered what the 50's looked like, and now I know it looks a whole lot better that today!!
                          Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

Really enjoyed that! Thanks!
                            Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

I think the most amazing thing is how much Disneyland still looks like that today. Most of those places in that movie, you can still visit and see.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X