Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

How to apply for a job at Disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How to apply for a job at Disneyland

Hello everyone! I am moving down to Cypress, CA in August and was wondering the appropriate way to apply for a job at Disneyland. I'm not sure how it works, but the reason I want to work there is because I love the park, and I like seeing people be happy and having a fun time. If they interview you or something I don't want to seem like a whack-job Disney weirdo or anything XD . So could you please help me on what to do!?....this is really my dream job.

By the way...I have no idea if this is in the correct section...so sorry if its in the wrong spot.

Re: How to apply for a job at Disneyland

You can apply online, but going in to Disneyland to apply is much classier and shows an extra "interest."

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
      You can apply online, but going in to Disneyland to apply is much classier and shows an extra "interest."
      not really because they pretty much tell you do it at home but give the option of doing the exact same thing there.

Comment

Yeah, nowadays if you try to apply in person, they'll just tell you to turn around and fill out the online application. :\

Comment

Originally posted by sdn86 View Post
          not really because they pretty much tell you do it at home but give the option of doing the exact same thing there.
          Oh really? interesting.

Comment

Welcome to SoCal!

Like the others said, applying online is probably the best way to do so.

Comment

disneyland.jobs is the site!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                Oh really? interesting.
                I don't know how old this info is but this is my understanding based on what I have been told:

When you first walk into the office, a "screener" will basically ask if you will be available for nights/weekends/holidays and meet the minimum availability required.

If so, they will ask you to fill out a digital application on the computer with you vital information, previous employment history, etc.

Once that is complete they will have you do a online personality profile. These have gotten pretty popular with employers lately. They will ask you a few hundred questions of the sort "are you ever late" and "do you ever tell a lie" and "would you ever steal." The questions get more and more vague and are repeated with different wording in the hope of catching people by answering inconsistently.

If you pass the online personality exam with a satisfactory score, then they will go ahead and schedule you for an actual interview with an actual recruiter. That interview COULD occur that day, or it could occur a week from then.

I had a friend of a friend of a friend go in and apply for a job somewhat recently and I seem to recall that there was a second interview after the first. After passing the first interview with the actual recruiter, there was some kind of clerical error that caused the second interview to be rescheduled and then rescheduled and eventually canceled (which was quite depressing for the friend).

My best guess then, is that if you do end up applying online, they go ahead and give you the personality test (since it says it takes between 30 to 45 minutes to apply online) and if you pass, schedule you for an interview to come in.

Comment

Yeah, applying at home is probably easier, but like some have pointed out going down dressed up (doesn't mean a suit and tie, just look decent and professional, a dress shirt or nice looking shirt and dress pants will do) will show more interest. Yes they'll have fill out something you can easily fill out at home, but let me tell you sone advantages you'll get. 1) it'll show that you really care, 2) they'll go over and review your application right there in front of you and 3) if they have an opening and someone is there, sometimes they'll give you an interview right then and there. If you do plan on trying to get a job, much luck to you. I've tried at least twice now and the first time I didn't hear nothing but the second time I did it, I went down and filled it out there and they reviewed it and were able to tell me they had nothing open at this time for what I applied for. But first and formost.... "Don't get discouraged if you don't get nothing. Just keep trying!" Best of luck to you!
                  Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

Okay, going in is what I'll do! Even if they send me to a computer or something, I guess it will show interest. thanks guys

Comment

The times that I have applied at Disney, I went when the Casting Center first opened. I made sure to wear nice attire. I applied and got a same day interview.
                      Jeff Wayne

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X