Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Little Mermaid has a TINY footprint?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Am I the only one who thinks Little Mermaid has a TINY footprint?

I was just reading the update today, looking at the foundation of the ride, and I thought how small the footprint of Little Mermaid is, I doesnt look large enough to be queue AND attraction...(where IS the queue anyway?)...

...but then it occurred to me....Is Little Mermaid supposed to be Multi Leveled?? The virtual ride thru was, but that was a Peter Pan style inverted system, but Ariels Undersea Adventure is an Omnimover....

Anyone know??
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Re: Am I the only one who thinks Little Mermaid has a TINY footprint?

this is already being discussed in the other TLM thread, http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-thread-6.html.

I think the pictures make it seem smaller than it is. Sure the space isn't huge, but I wouldn't call it tiny either.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

I thought it was supposed to be like HM, underground. IDK, really not anticipating the ride so im not sure.

Comment

The angle in which pictures can be taken makes the area look much smaller, to reiterate what nonob88 said.

Comment

Well... she IS a mermaid. She don't even have feet.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
            Well... she IS a mermaid. She don't even have feet.
            Heehee I was waiting for someone to say that
            "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Comment

I saw the pictures but yeah its just probably the angle. You look at the concept art for this thing and it looks pretty big.

Comment

Is there a picture of a floor plan?

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
                  Is there a picture of a floor plan?

~babs
                  This is all I could find the MiceChat concept art gallery:

Comment

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                    This is all I could find the MiceChat concept art gallery:

Don't even consider that a legit floorplan....

There is more space than you think and what is shown in the pictures. In fact, I ran over to Google Earth and figured that if you take the HM showbuilding (minus the facade), move it's volume around, it pretty much fits (I guess).

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                      Don't even consider that a legit floorplan....

There is more space than you think and what is shown in the pictures. In fact, I ran over to Google Earth and figured that if you take the HM showbuilding (minus the facade), move it's volume around, it pretty much fits (I guess).
                      That was the only thing that was close to what someone asked for.

Comment

For curiosity's sake, I was comparing the location of Ariel's to other buildings in the park.. and what do you know.. the size of the land Ariel's Undersea Adventure will occupy is nearly enough to fit an entire "Soarin' Over California" building..

WOW!! :thumbup:

Comment

The above posts are correct; it's not huge, but it's not tiny, either. Think somewhere between the size of a Fantasyland dark ride and the Haunted Mansion. As Nautilus pointed out, the area is roughly the size of the HM show building, but of course, HM also has an onstage facade and a basement level that connects the two aboveground structures.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X