This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

How do they get the vehicles (tractors, excavators, pickup trucks, cement mixers) in the Rivers Of America?

I took the train around the park last week, and didn't notice a temporary ramp or anything.

I did notice however (and I believe it was after the Frontierland station) that the train went over a bridge, that is there is a large opening beneith the train tracks - presumably for this reason.

I didn't have a chance to turn around and look behind the train and see what is on the other side of this opening.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

Actually, if you look here:

Your web browser and the Maps site are incompatible

You can see (what looks to me) like an entry point into the rivers, and its at the same point i rember it being on the oter side.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Comment

Next time your on the Disneyland railroad look for the gates that give access from outside the berm. One is between NO Square, and Toontown depot. The other is just on the other side of Small World.
      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
        Next time your on the Disneyland railroad look for the gates that give access from outside the berm. One is between NO Square, and Toontown depot. The other is just on the other side of Small World.
        I did see that while on the train... but...

how do the vehicles get DOWN into the rivers? I assume you cannot drive an excavator down over the bank as it would destroy the bank.

Comment

Behind one of those big brown fences near the first gate (near where the doghouse for the pooch named 'Indiana' is) is the usual dry dock for the Mark Twain. There's a ramp there. When riding the Twain or Columbia when the river is operational, look backwards as you pass the bend just before the Indian village, it's all right there.

Comment

Optimus Prime

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
              Behind one of those big brown fences near the first gate (near where the doghouse for the pooch named 'Indiana' is) is the usual dry dock for the Mark Twain. There's a ramp there. When riding the Twain or Columbia when the river is operational, look backwards as you pass the bend just before the Indian village, it's all right there.
              Close, but the Mark Twain never goes back there, it's used mainly as storage for the Fantasmic rafts and floats. If you look at the map link that bingie posted you can see the rafts and crocodile float in between all the trees.

I don't have any first hand knowledge but I'll bet that storage area also serves as a ramp into the river once all the rafts and floats are out of it. They could then drive into the old festival of fools area, go back along the tracks and out the gate to backstage.

Comment

Originally posted by bingie View Post
                How do they get the vehicles (tractors, excavators, pickup trucks, cement mixers) in the Rivers Of America?

I took the train around the park last week, and didn't notice a temporary ramp or anything.

I did notice however (and I believe it was after the Frontierland station) that the train went over a bridge, that is there is a large opening beneith the train tracks - presumably for this reason.

I didn't have a chance to turn around and look behind the train and see what is on the other side of this opening.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
                The red line is where the ramp is that all vehicles can enter the the River.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandicorney View Post
                  Close, but the Mark Twain never goes back there.
                  I'm not doubting you, but it used to dock back there every night.

Comment

Originally posted by insider67 View Post
                    The red line is where the ramp is that all vehicles can enter the the River.
                    Interesting...

How do the vehicles get into that area? Could you draw a line from backstage to that area there?

Does anyone know what that "tunnel" shaped thing is in my first map post?

Comment

What is that area there with the square looking thing there on the other end of that red line?
                      Yaye!

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
                        What is that area there with the square looking thing there on the other end of that red line?
                        the festival of fools show area I think, they should really do something with that
                        --------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by DLLEGEND View Post
                          the festival of fools show area I think, they should really do something with that

It's still used for private affairs and special occasions. Last time it was open to the general public was I believe New Years Eve when they distrubuted our hats and horns from there.

Comment

Oh interesting, there are a couple areas of the park I have noticed on google earth that look nice yet non-accessible for the public, I just always wonder what everything is, lol!
                            Yaye!

Comment

Temporary dirt ramp at the Fantasmic! inlet.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X