Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Earthquake [merged]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earthquake [merged]

OC Register:

All rides have been shut down at Disneyland for inspection, says KABC/Channel 7. Park employees are investigating whether people have been trapped on rides.” Initial reports that people have been trapped in elevators at Disneyland apparently are not true.

Comment

New update, the CM said all large attractions like Indy will take 3 hours to reopen!!! Grrrrr

Comment

6.9 - all the info is here

Comment

Felt it in Tempe, AZ!

Hope those closer to the epicenter are okay.
          "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

there goes the first aftershock.
            My Art site
            http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TikiGhost View Post
              New update, the CM said all large attractions like Indy will take 3 hours to reopen!!! Grrrrr
              Inspection takes time. Depending on the level of inspection of course. If they have to x-ray any of the steel or welds for stress cracks...

Comment

Have been there in the past when an earthquake hit. It takes hours to get anything up and going, even to let people into the stores. It was explained to me that the have to wait a certain amount of time to make sure there will be no more aftershocks, then they have to test all the rides, etc. HOURS. And pity the poor CM's. Everyone complains. It is a good time to grab a seat and a turkey leg or dole whip and people watch!

Comment

Was C!ASP still on the parade route during the quake?

Comment

We were on the phone with my family in AZ and we both felt it at the same time.
                    sigpic

Comment

New update, Haunted Mansion and some other ride is back open. I think the CM was also wrong, cause I think Indy is also back open.

Comment

I was at Disneyland for the 5.7 in July of 2008 and can confirm it takes HOURS to re-open rides (In my case, it took 3). This is not an exaggeration.

Comment

It was a long weak shaker here and it was kinda fun :lol: I was just standing there as it was shaking and I'm watching the trees and windows and other stuff shake. But in all seriousness, hope everyone near the epicenter is alright and there's no serious injuries or damage
                          Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

At first I thought it was me! I thought maybe I was swaying cause I might have been sick, but then I looked outside and everything was shaking! It wasn't that bad. They were long rolls instead of jolts. Haven't felt one in a while. Hope everyone is ok!

Comment

Felt it here in Brea, CA. Very long rolling sensation. It is in fact 6.9. ABC7 Also reported that all attractions at Disneyland are shut down, but will reopen soon after all inspections. They also reported that guests are stuck in the Disneyland Hotel elevator.

Comment

A Quake a quake, the house begins to shake you're bouncing round the room and watching all your dishes break (Animaniacs... no?)
                                Felt it in Phoenix thought I was losing my mind until I realized stuff in my room was moving (just a gentle shaking). So weird (I've never felt a quake before and I've been in 3 now
                                Hope everyone is okay that's close by and that Disneyland opens back up soon for those there.

Comment

Wow, second quake occurred about 20 minutes ago just south of Brawley, 5.1!

Here in Mission Viejo it was a long one, the house shook for at least a minute with a sharpish jolt toward the end.
                                  "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
                                  made of hopes and childhood fantasies
                                  A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
                                  A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
                                  Young at Heart"

Comment

Very small aftershocks....

Comment

I just heard about this quake up here in Oregon, 2 hours south of Portland at the University of Oregon.

The news said "A 6.9 earthquake hit Baja California. Disneyland has been evacuated"...

I find it funny that up here in Oregon, they make sure to tell everyone that Disneyland was evacuated. Heh.

Comment

I was almost in Disneyland for that. :o. Instead I was visiting a college during it. Phew :x.
                                        So it's planned to still be open, right? Lol
                                        What an interesting vacation!
                                        You never know who you will run into next . . .

http://whatadilemma.deviantart.com/

Comment

Ok, new update again. A CM I talked to said she thought there were 2 small quakes first, then a big one. My iPhone battery is about to die, stupid AT&T, so I probably can't update again till I charge it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X